Swindon, United Kingdom
This graticule covers the parts of the United Kingdom from 51° to 52° latitude, and from -1° to -2° longitude. It is centred on the M4 corridor, contains the city of Oxford and the towns of Swindon and Basingstoke. It extends as far as Winchester and Salisbury in the south, Cirencester to the west, Chipping Norton to the north, and the outskirts of Reading (although not Reading town centre) to the east.
 Planned Geohashes
- 'Watch' this page to be notified of upcoming geohashes, and if you're planning to hash today or tomorrow, add it here!
 Past Geohashes
- See also: Category:Meetup in 51 -1.
 Geohashes in 2014
- 2014-04-21 51 -1 - Dan Q took his partner and her baby out to visit a hashpoint just 300 metres from his house. And then back via a couple of local geocaches.
 Geohashes in 2012
- 2012-08-21 51 -1 - Ali0sha dragged company to have a picnic near Cuddlesford.
- 2012-08-18 51 -1 - Ali0sha planned to sit in a field near Cholsey at 1pm-ish but got to a locked gate.
- 2012-08-17 51 -1 - Ali0sha sat in a field in Cottisford.
- 2012-08-05 51 -1 - Mapaholic and Vicky plan to bring some pie to a field near Stockbridge.
- 2012-01-11 51 -1 - Alex and Joe trekked to a field somewhere south of Oxford and had lunch.
- 2012-03-04 51 -1 - jand trekked to a copse east of Salisbury.
 Geohashes in 2011
- 2011-06-18 51 -1 - A Saturday meetup in Savernake Forest for Sourcerer who travelled 662km from Norwich to reach this hash and complete a 9 square minesweeper achievement.
 Geohashes in 2010
- 2010-05-29 51 -1 - A Saturday meetup in Micheldever for Sermoa, Mapaholic, DavidMiller and Bluecont
- 2010-05-28 51 -1 - Midnight geohash in Hursley for Sermoa, Mapaholic and Durantelo, who were unfortunately pwnd by Mother Nature upon encountering a field full of oil seed rape.
 Geohashes in 2009
- 2009-12-06 51 -1 - Bluecont declared himself "close enough" to this hash point near Wroughton.
- 2009-11-23 51 -1 - Joe from Birmingham graticule passed through on route to Portsmouth, and stopped off at the hashpoint just off the A34 near World's End.
- 2009-10-23 51 -1 - Macronencer, Sermoa and David Miller each made separate trips up this hill in Hockley, Winchester during the course of the day!
- 2009-10-04 51 -1 - A single geohasher (due to scheduling and transport difficulties) and a thick hedge.
- 2009-10-03 51 -1 - in Winchester was awesome and win! Taxi geohash, 9 people in attendance, including 2 visiting Canadians and a very obliging ambassador, Farmer Nicholas!
- 2009-10-02 51 -0 - an international meetup of 4 geohashers near Reading. It was actually in 51,-0 but on the -0.999 border so most of the time we were in Swindon graticule and we only crossed the border when we crossed the field to the geohash! :)
- 2009-09-29 51 -1 - Speed-racer Success for Macronencer and sermoa on second attempt! davidc also completed the achievement independently!
- 2009-09-18 50 -0 - Macronencer and drag-along Nodders went to a geohash on the South Downs near the south-east corner of this graticule.
- 2009-09-10 51 -1 - Macronencer, Sermoa and Mapaholic went on a midnight geohash in Litchfield, 15km north-east of Andover.
- 2009-08-30 51 -1 - A very fun Cubicle geohash achievement and party at Sermoa's place of work! Barton Farm, Winchester. Macronencer, DavidMiller and Mapaholic came for the party!
- 2009-04-20 51 -1 - Forawhile made another attempt.
- 2009-04-19 51 -1 - Forawhile attempted his first expedition.
- 2009-03-21 51 -1 - Gold Ninja found some trees about ten miles from Oxford.
- 2009-03-04 51 -1 - Homsar finally reached a hash point, within the Oxford ring road
- 2009-02-08 51 -1 - Homsar tried and failed to reach a hashpoint in the snow
 Geohashes in 2008
- 2008-10-11 51 -1 - Southampton people came North again.
- 2008-05-31 51 -1 - A bunch of Southampton people went North. We'll remember to tell you we're coming next time, promise.
 Local geohashers
- 7thSpringRunner is in Oxford during term-time, and Bicester the rest of the time.
- Gold_Ninja is also in Oxford during term-time.
- Forawhile lives in Witney.
- Sermoa lives in Winchester. Public transport enables easier access to the Southampton graticule.
- Skippy lives in Swindon.
- Macronencer lives in Southampton but will probably be coming North a lot for reasons of dampness.
- DavidMiller Lives in Winchester
- Ali0sha lives in Witney, studies in Oxford
- Jand lives in Salisbury and hashes around the South part of the graticule.
- Kitutal lives just over the border, but since most of my graticule is in the sea, I may have to visit sometime
- DanQ lives just North of Oxford
- Haberdasher will be in the London West graticule in autumn 2012, and may do some hashes here on weekends.
 No longer active
- Homsar has now finished at Oxford; graduating in November
 Status unknown
- Alfa - I live 10m inside this graticule!
- The Duke of Nuke
- Lardaholics Anonymous