Birmingham, United Kingdom
From Geo Hashing
- jamesl lives in Anstey, Leicester, will use bike and public transport. Is also on IRC with the same nick. Has a two-way radio and GPS.
- kimble lives in Birmingham. Has bike, will travel.
- omniscient resides in Leicester and will attempt Saturday meetups when possible. Bike, bus or rail powered with benefit of GPS.
- archiewood will try to get to weekend meetings when doable. Car and now GPS!
- jwalton on foot, anywhere near Derby City
- Nickholden on foot or bike, in or around Leicester.
- JohnOldman lives in Leamington Spa and has a car.
- pbro lives in Coventry and picks the low-hanging fruit (easy hashes).
- Chadders66 studies at the University of Birmingham. On foot, will travel.
- Hedgepig S. Leicester based exiled Brummie, most likely to attempt rural non-trespassy hashes.
The mailing list is for discussing upcoming locations/meets, activities, car pooling, and all things geohashing.
There are discussions on the Talk page, please contribute to them.
There is also a facebook group.
- 2019-04-22 52 -1 Monday: Hedgepig hoping to waddle to this hashpoint assuming I don't expire of over consumption of Easter eggs over the weekend ...
- 2018-12-25 52 -1 Christmas Day: Sourcerer visited the cemetary of St John the Baptist Church, Stowe-By-Chartley, Staffordshire.
- 2018-08-22 52 -1 Wednesday: Dan Q drove up from the Swindon, United Kingdom graticule to visit a hashpoint in a field full of cows.
- 2017-10-07 52 -1 Saturday: Pbro ran to Stoke Green for this hash.
- 2017-02-10 52 -1 Friday: Pbro walked around the grain field hash in Kenilworth, without reaching it.
- 2016-02-12 52 -1 Friday: Pbro detoured on his bicycle commute to this central divider in Coundon, Coventry.
- 2015-12-23 52 -1 Wednesday: Sourcerer visited a field, east of Solihull, West Midlands, UK.
- 2015-12-09 52 -1 Wednesday: Chadders66 visited a grassy verge on Nobel Way in Witton, Birmingham for his first Geohash.
- 2015-09-19 52 -1 Saturday: A field of very tall sweetcorn a little off the M42, near Hockley Heath. Benjw visited on the way from Cambridge to Hereford.
- 2015-02-13 52 -1 Friday: Sourcerer visited a technology park where the M1 crosses the A52, between Nottingham and Derby, Derbyshire, UK.
- 2014-11-19 52 -1 Wednesday: Pbro went for a run in Radford, Coventry.
- 2014-03-10 52 -1 Monday: Nick Holden tried to avoid getting run over in Leicester City Centre.
- 2013-08-04 52 -1 Sunday: Nick Holden peered through a thick hedge into a field.
- 2013-06-18 52 -1 Tuesday: Nick Holden made it into a part of the new National Forest, thanks to some epic guiding work from a work colleague.
- 2013-06-08 52 -1 Saturday: Nick Holden watched potatoes growing on farmland near Long Itchington, Warwickshire.
- 2013-06-01 52 -1 Saturday: Nick Holden ate a cucumber sandwich on a little patch of grass by the side of Anstey Lane, in Leicester.
- 2013-05-25 52 -1 Saturday: Nick Holden got into a field near Short Heath, Derbyshire, with his towel. But two punctures made it rather more difficult than it should have been.
- 2013-04-28 52 -1 Sunday: Bollerenshaws visited a field near Offchurch, north-east of Leamington Spa, UK.
- 2013-04-14 52 -1 Sunday: Sourcerer visited the banks of the river Blythe between the M6 Toll road and the A446, east of Birmingham, UK.
- 2013-02-18 52 -1 Monday: Sourcerer visited an area of heath and wood surrounded by major roads and a small river, Coventry, UK.
- 2012-11-18 52 -1 Sunday: Nickholden got within four feet of a private car park, off the Lutterworth Road, Leicester.
- 2012-11-04 52 -1 Sunday: Sourcerer failed to visit a field 42 metres off a narrow rural lane. The nearest big town was Uttoxeter.
- 2012-08-09 52 -1 Thursday: Sourcerer visited a hay field a few metres off a public footpath. This was near the Grand Union Canal at Hatton.
- 2012-03-08 52 -1 Thursday: jwalton sat by a stream in a field near the A38 in Derby, UK.
- 2011-05-27 52 -1 Friday: Sourcerer visited the hashpoint a mile north east of spaghetti junction, Birmingham, UK.
- 2011-03-20 52 -1 Sunday: Sourcerer achieved multihash 2 of 5 in a field about five miles west of Coventry, UK.
- 2010-10-10 52 -1 Sunday: Archiewood fought with Google maps to get as close to this hash as he could.
- 2010-10-09 Saturday: Archiewood got as close to
this hashwhat he thought was this hash as he could, only to later discover he had accidentally visited the hash for the same day on the previous week. This is noteworthy only because it appeared another hasher made exactly the same mistake.
- 2010-09-22 52 -1 Wednesday: Joe walked to today's hashpoint, and saw a low flying C-130.
- 2010-09-21 52 -1 Tuesday: Archiewood said hello to the sheep at this hash in Whilton.
- 2010-07-24 52 -1 Saturday: Omniscient trekked as close as he could to this hash after visitng twycross zoo.
- 2010-07-17 52 -1 Saturday: Omniscient assailed the grassy verge with friends.
- 2010-06-25 52 -1 Friday: Joe visited this one in Croft.
- 2010-06-20 52 -1 Sunday: MagicIan completed this hash - his first of 4-in-a-row on this day - in a field beyond Anstey cemetery.
- 2010-06-16 52 -1 Wednesday: Joe went to this one on the outskirts of Leicester / Grove park.
- 2010-02-15 52 -1 Monday: Joe visited.
- 2009-11-02 52 -1 Monday: Kim took a detour from her regular cycling route to visit this one.
- 2009-10-07 52 -1 Wednesday: Joe went to this one near Shawell.
- 2009-09-30 52 -1 Wednesday: davidc, on loan from Berlin, Germany, visits a field near Banbury and enjoys the English countryside.
- 2009-08-13 52 -1 Thursday: A school in Earl Shilton. Joe headed over there and walked down the track/footpath by the side of the playing fields, getting as close as was possible
- 2009-08-02 52 -1 Sunday: Field near the M1, footpath from Willoughby Waterleys. Joe went using new GPS.
- 2009-03-24 52 -1 Tuesday: The entrance to a park in Oadby. Benjw visited from the Cambridge graticule and was at the hashpoint from 3:50pm until 4:45. Joe had said that he would "be there around 4pm" but didn't show up.
- 2008-06-22 52 -1 Sunday: SminkyBazzA and Bluecont found a tractor.
- 2008-06-20 52 -1 Friday: Albert Herring wandered down to the hashpoint at about 19:00, as it was just around the corner. It turned out to be in a private garden in a housing estate at the edge of Keyworth.
- 2008-06-08 52 -1 Sunday: Becky investigated, and even took chocolate biscuits, but the hashpoint was in a private garden.