London West, United Kingdom
|Swindon||London West||London East|
This graticule is in the United Kingdom and contains the City of London, the West End, and many western boroughs of London. It also extends as far as Slough and Reading to the west, Luton to the north, and Crawley to the south.
Its territory ranges from 52° to 51° latitude, and from -1° to -0° longitude. When following the XKCD geohashing algorithm, append the fractional hash part to 51° latitude and -0° longitude. Note the use of negative zero.
Please leave comments, plans and speculation regarding upcoming meet-ups here.
- 26th July (Tuesday) - Stevehaskew patiently waited for the GeoHash to come to him!
- 2nd January (Saturday) - PaintedJaguar visited a major road junction just south of Wandsworth Bridge over the River Thames.
- 8th November (Sunday) - PaintedJaguar visited the entrance road to Chells Park, Stevenage.
- 19th January (Monday) - Sourcerer visited a field of winter wheat, east of the A10 trunk road, between Buckland and Chipping, Hertfordshire, UK. 4 of 7 today.
- 25th December (Wednesday) - Woodland just south of Christmas Pie, west of Guildford. Benjw visited while staying with family for Christmas.
- 12th July (Saturday) - On tour out of his home graticule once again, Dan Q dropped in on the hashpoint on the way back from an interview
- 23rd April (Wednesday) - Macronencer visited some lovely woodland trails at Marlow with his son Micronencer in tow.
- 24th March (Monday) - timl visited his first hashpoint in a field near Odiham, Hampshire.
- 19th February (Wednesday) – Dan Q commemorated the second anniversary of the death of his father with an expedition to a field near Buckingham.
- 24th January (Friday) – parttimesock visited his first hashpoint near The Comet Hotel in Hatfield.
- 21st November (Thursday) – Iago4096 visited his first hashpoint in Bushy Park near Hampton Court Palace.
- 4th August (Sunday) - OtherJack visited the parking lot of the Hendon Diagnostic Centre not far from Colindale tube station.
- 3rd August (Saturday) - PaintedJaguar visited a suburban street just south of St Albans.
- 8th July (Sunday) - On a sidewalk in the centre of London near Paddington. It's not clear if anybody actually attempted to reach this.
- 12th May (Sunday) - jondclarke reached the hashpoint near the Lea Valley around noon as a double with 2013-05-12 51 0. PaintedJaguar eventually reached the hashpoint after public transport difficulties.
- 7th April (Sunday) - Cyazlars was stopped by a locked gate.
- 21st January (Monday) - TheOtterslider reached the hashpoint on the road at Pigbush Lane near Alfold.
- 9th December (Sunday): Huinesoron failed to reach a field in Lingfield, Surrey, but did manage the neighbouring 2012-12-09 51 0 hashpoint.
- 18th November (Sunday) - Haberdasher overcame Tube and GPS difficulties to grab this hash in Muswell Hill.
- 20th October (Saturday) - A footpath in woodland just outside Winkworth Arboretum, south-east of Guildford; Benjw popped over while visiting family.
- 14th October (Sunday) - Haberdasher reached the point at midnight, while PaintedJaguar reached the hash in the early evening, as part of an attempted double hash.
- 5th October (Friday) - Haberdasher tried to reach this Northwood-area hash, but was thwarted by prickly plants.
- 12th September (Wednesday) - Haberdasher tried to reach this Morden-area hash, but her GPS would not cooperate.
- 4th August (Saturday) - In Huinesoron's first geohash ever, he took a quick diversion from the M25 to a hashpoint in Rickmansworth.
- 12 June (Tuesday) - Mampfred, LadyBB and EmmJay tried to grab this hash on their way from the airport to their accomodation, but were thwarted by dense bushes.
- 10th May (Tuesday) - In MattLondon's first geohash, he visited the corner of a tiny nature reserve, where a motorway crossed a railway.
- 24th September (Friday) - Sourcerer visited a corn field west of the village of Buckland. This was hash 3 of a pentahash taking in Canterbury, London East, London West, Northampton and the Cambridge graticules.
- 22nd July (Thursday) - davidc visits a corn field by a lake near Newdigate, Surrey.
- 17th February (Wednesday) - Macronencer and son visited a cul-de-sac in Thame. Very briefly!
- 2nd October (Friday) - 4 geohashers made it to Highmoor Cross (near Reading) in what must be the western-most geohash in this graticule - on the -0.999 border. Had a great time!
- 1st October (Thursday) davidc failed to gain permission to enter someone's garden in his first hometown of Reigate, Surrey.
- 27th July (Monday) Macronencer visited the hash near Flitwick, during a merciful hiatus in the precipitation.
- 20th May (Wednesday): On the last day of the first year of geohashing Fluxkompensator visited Kingsland Road.
- 15th March (Sunday): A friend of Benjw visited and took pictures on Saturday morning, a day early. Benjw then visited on Sunday, the correct day.
- 15th December 2008 (Monday): Amersham Road, close to Chalfont and Latimer Rail Station. Kate cycled from Uxbridge (and was super excited about a Northern Hemisphere Geohash!)
- 2nd July 2008 (Wednesday): Near the A30 past Blackbushe Airport. Mudskipper40 cycled past but did not stop to reach the exact location.
- 7th June 2008 (Saturday): Thirteen people met between platforms 13 and 14 in Waterloo Station.
- 24th May 2008 (Saturday): A small wood near Dunsfold, a mile to the south-west; streetmap.co.uk shows a path going to the exact point! Four people met up.
- 2008-05-31 -- Kit 09:32, 31 May 2008 (GMT) - I'll probably come. Quite happy with the new location - it's a few metres north of the 's' in 'Monk's Gate' on this OS map and thus not far from a public path.
- Despite lots of talking about it, Steve didn't make it.
- The new location is in the middle of a wood (probably private) whereas the old one is just a few metres off a public foothpath!
- Haberdasher was visiting in autumn 2012
- Huinesoron passed through in summer 2012
- Cyazlars visited in spring 2013
- MattLondon -- probably only points in London.
- jondclarke just getting started with this malarkey...