Northampton, United Kingdom
|Swindon||London West||London East|
This graticule covers the parts of the United Kingdom (UK) from 52° to 53° latitude, and -1° to -0° longitude. It contains the towns of Northampton, Peterborough and Bedford. It extends as far east as Royston, and as far west as Buckingham, but not as far as Leicester or Nottingham. In the south, the graticule nearly reaches to Milton Keynes, and in the north it contains Grantham and Boston.
When following the XKCD geohashing algorithm, append the fractional hash part to 52° latitude and -0° longitude. Note the use of negative zero.
 Graticule activity
Saturday meetups are at 4pm UK time. Other 'spontaneous adventures' are undertaken by some members on any day where the location is accessible.
- 2014-02-25 52 -0: The most beautifully-positioned hashpoint Benjw has seen -- literally outside the front door of the Belfry Hotel in Cambourne. Ben will visit during the afternoon, as well as a trip to the 2014-02-25 52 0 hashpoint, which is in a field, just off a footpath.
- 2014-01-22 52 -0: A car park, and hopefully an easy one for parttimesock's first try. Update: Work/life balance fail. Didn't make it.
- 2013-09-28 52 -0: Sourcerer visited Duddington, a few metres east of the A43 south of the roundabout where it crosses the A47.
- 2013-07-13 52 -0: Nickholden tried to get into a field in the Rutland Water nature reserve near Egleton. But it was reserved. For nature.
- 2013-06-30 52 -0: PaintedJaguar and MrsPaintedJaguar reached the end of Gery Court in Eaton Ford, about one mile west of St. Neots town centre.
- 2013-02-18 52 -0: Sourcerer failed to reach an agricultural field south of the A14, Thrapston, Northamptonshire, UK.
- 2012-11-04 52 -0: Sourcerer reached a field boundary halfway between Melton Mowbray, famous for pork pies and Grantham, famous as the birth place of Margaret Thatcher, Britain's first woman prime minister. Mmmmmm - pie!
- 2012-09-25 52 -0: The edge of a field in Great Eversden. Benjw had to be in the area anyway, so took a quick walk to this and the Cambridge hashpoint.
- 2012-09-10 52 -0: On a track next to a private airfield in Glatton. Dr-spangle (who cycled) and Benjw (who drove) met up there.
- 2012-08-24 52 -0: Benjw made another bicycle double expedition to this hashpoint and the Cambridge one, for a total of three double-hashes and 180 km of cycling in a week!
- 2012-08-19 52 -0: Benjw and Ali0sha cycled from their respective cities of Cambridge and Oxford, and then went on to the 52,0 hash.
- 2012-08-09 52 -0: Sourcerer visited an attractive urban public path with lawns and mature trees in Wellingborough, UK.
- 2011-10-21 52 -0: In a residential street in Kettering, Northamptonshire, UK. Sourcerer arrived at 18:29.
- 2011-08-22 52 -0: In a cattle field south of Gaddesby and north of South Croxton, Leicestershire, UK. Sourcerer logged the walk at wikiloc.
- 2011-03-20 52 -0: In a field about 4.5 miles east of Kettering, UK. Sourcerer achieved multihash 3 of 5.
- 2011-02-20 52 -0: The corner of a field between Hinxworth, Hertfordshire, and Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, mere metres off a public footpath. Benjw went on an early, misty, Sunday morning.
- 2010-09-24 52 -0: Between the goal posts in a children's play area. Sourcerer achieved hash 4 of a pentahash taking in Canterbury, London East, London West, Northampton and the Cambridge graticules.
- 2010-09-19 52 -0 - In Ashley - Joe (re)visited this Sunday hashpoint, after pre-emptively visiting on a balloon retrieve the day before (saturday)
- 2010-09-04 52 -0: In a residential street in Royston. Sourcerer visited hash 3 of a quad hash covering Hull, Skegness, Northampton and Cambridge.
- 2010-08-16 52 -0: On a cricket field in Castor village, near Peterborough. Benjw made this the final stop on an over-midnight triple-hash, at 3:32 am.
- 2010-06-20 52 -0: MagicIan reached this geohash - his second of 4-in-a-row this day - in a field near Crowland
- 2009-09-30 52 -0: Ampthill. Benjw is coming from Cambridge to meet davidc, who is coming from Germany via Cardiff, and thepiguy and srs0 who are coming from Canada via London. Sort of. Meeting at the hash at about 4:15pm.
- 2009-09-19 52 -0: It's International Talk Like A Pirate Day and, as luck would have it, our geohash is in Rutland Water! Happyhannah plans to dress up as a pirate, drag some friends along and try to reach the hash by boat. However, it seems that boats are not available in this area of the reservoir... improvisation might have to occur...
- 2009-09-01 52 -0: A sports ground in Corby. Joe went in the pouring rain to try for a MNIMB/Drowned Rat geohash, but had to settle for a 'no trespassing' consolation.
- 2009-08-29 52 -0: Field between Billesdon Coplow and Houghton. Joe went at Sat. meetup time, and met Happyhannah nearby, who made her very first Geohash adventure! Joe went on to complete an ambassador geohash to reach the exact point.
- 2009-08-06 52 -0: Field near Medbourne. Joe planned to go at around 2-3pm. Aborted due to thunderstorm. MNB.
- 2009-04-27 52 -0: In the middle of the road in Eastrea. Benjw got his second speed racer achievement, only 22 minutes after his first in the Cambridge graticule.
- 2009-04-23 52 -0: In Waresley Wood, near Little Gransden. Benjw visited in the early afternoon as the first stop on an all-bicycle double hash.
- 2009-03-11 52 -0: Another field, visited by Benjw as part of another Prime Meridian Double Geohash expedition.
- 2009-03-09 52 -0: A field just outside Peterborough. Benjw paid another visit from Cambridge as part of a Triple Geohash.
- 2009-01-26 52 -0: Today's coordinates fell onto wasteland by the Serpentine Green shopping centre near Peterborough. Benjw paid a visit from the Cambridge graticule to try out his new GPS receiver.
- 2008-09-12 52 -0: Joe got close to the geohash location just outside King's Norton, Leics, by cycle in an attempt to achieve the Bicycle Geohash. Photos on the expedition page.
 Local geohashers
- 7thSpringRunner is in Oxford during term-time, and Bicester the rest of the time, so not far from MK hashes.
- Benjw lives in Cambridge but often makes a foray across the border on a double hash expedition.
- Happyhannah lives in Oakham, Rutland and is pedal, petrol and occasionally Avgas powered.
- jonqrandom lives in Peterborough, Cambs, and is with insanejane and veg-oil powered :)
- insanejane lives in Peterborough, Cambs, and is with jonqrandom :)
- Transhumanist lives in Warboys, near Huntingdon, and is currently foot/bus-powered but working to improve that.