Los Angeles, California
|Santa Barbara||Los Angeles||San Bernardino|
|San Nicolas Island||Long Beach||Santa Ana|
The Los Angeles, California graticule is at latitude 34, longitude -118. While not including the entire city of Los Angeles, this graticule includes downtown LA and much of the San Fernando and San Gabriel valleys. The Long Beach graticule, which otherwise mostly contains ocean, includes the portion of the city of Los Angeles which is south of the 10 freeway.
Current meetup information and plans
Map of today's location.
- 2008-05-24: First LA geohashing meetup! Definitely a success.
- 2008-05-31: under the 10 freeway
- 2008-06-07: near Vincent Hill Station, Palmdale
- 2008-06-08: near Union Station
- 2008-06-14: Edwards AFB
- 2008-06-21: near Tehachapi
- 2008-06-28: 10 miles east of Lancaster
- 2008-07-04: just off the 126
- 2008-07-26: Angeles National Forest
- 2008-08-09: Temple City
- 2008-08-30: Hollywood Hills
- 2008-10-06: Agoura Hills
- 2009-03-28: Reseda
- 2009-08-29: Los Padres Forest, near Gorman
- 2009-08-30: Larchmont Village, city of Los Angeles
- 2009-10-03: The corner of Fairfax and Beverly
- 2010-03-12: Geohash was on the grounds of the Kranz Intermediate School in El Monte.
- None recorded.
- 2012-03-26: Arcadia
- 2012-04-28: A riverbed near Acton.
- 2012-05-15: A parking lot at 1325 Vermont Ave., Los Angeles.
- 2012-06-20: On the bike path next to the LA River as it passes by Griffith Park & the 134
- 2013-07-07: Half-mile due south of Fry's in Canoga Park (Didn't happen??)
- 2013-07-20: About a half-mile north of Garvanza Park.
- 2013-12-18: Rancho Avenue, along the north edge of the Bette Davis Picnic Area in Griffith Park.
- 2013-12-31: In the driveway of a duplex residence in Rosemead.
- 2014-01-04: About 50 feet east of Capistrano on Miranda in Hidden Hills. Please behave - neighbors very angry!!
- 2014-01-20: In the dry South Fork River, near Railroad Ave., in Santa Clarita.
- 2014-02-02: Mojave desert, northeast of Lancaster.
- 2014-02-11: A residential driveway in Pasadena.
- 2014-02-15: Lafayette Street, near Valley Boulevard, in San Gabriel.
- 2014-02-24: On Woodward Avenue in Sunland/Tujunga.
- 2014-03-02: Desert land in the alluvial plains west of Rosamond.
- 2014-04-22: Eagle Rock Recreation Center
- 2014-04-27: In front of a residence in Historic Filipinotown.
- 2015-03-22: In the middle of the bus-lane exit from eastbound Interstate Highway 10 to Del Mar Avenue in Rosemead.
- 2015-04-18: In Arroyo Seco Wash, by Rose Bowl. Bring a stout rope. Bunthorne will try to make it at 4:00.
- 2015-07-22: In an industrial yard of some kind near the 101.
- 2015-03-22: In the bus/express exit lane from eastbound I-10 to Del Mar Ave. Monterey Park.
- 2016-05-13: Beside a Michigan Ave. sidewalk on the campus of Caltech in Pasadena.
- 6/12/09: In the slow lane of the 5 Southbound in Burbank, just before it hits the Ventura freeway. Bring your road flares!
- 5/5/13: There has to be a whole new achievement just for this day.
|Darcy, Sally, Ryka, Zarah, Lauren, Art, Ilya, Mike and Erin earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
There is now a Facebook Group.