Santa Barbara, California
|San Luis Obispo||Bakersfield||Tehachapi|
|Santa Maria||Santa Barbara||Los Angeles|
|Santa Rosa Island||San Nicolas Island||Long Beach|
Today's Location: [Santa Barbara]
Our graticule contains a lot of water, and a lot of very remote area in the Los Padres National Forest. But eventually, we should get lucky, and land on the beach, so let's keep looking!
 Facebook Group
Search for "XKCD GeoHash Santa Barbara/Santa Maria" on Facebook.
 Considered geohashes
- 2008-06-15 -- Today's location looks like an orchard on private property. Too bad, because it is pretty close to Santa Barbara, and not out to sea. --Pconrad
 Identifiable Users Actively Monitoring the Page
- User:Pconrad created the Santa Maria, California Graticule, and watches that one too, hoping for a nice accessible spot on the beach.
- User:f4hy has been monitoring irregularly. "If we get a coordinate closer to the coast I'll be there."
- User:contraption checks once in a while and might just show up some time, probably on a weekend.
- User:Qwertypi checking when I remember and waiting for a good SB/Goleta selection.
- User:Capso Waiting to meet other folk living in, or willing to come around to, Santa Barbara or Goleta. Checking... err... "regularly". Ahem, also, I'm 'van Orman' in the Facebook group -- this is the only reason I signed up, so someone better be there when a reachable spot is decided.
- User:kitk spreading the GeoHash community - one believer at a time...reservoir area today?
- User:FuNx lives in Ventura but on weekends travels to Cerritos, which is in the slightly less Geohash-friendly graticule of Long Beach.
- User:Lorddragonfang hopes he can attend one of the SB area meetings
- User:Dhilung waiting for some hike up to the geohash.
- s0meb0dy has been lurking for a while, finally signed up.
- 2008-06-07 34 -119: Wilderness near Ojai. Failed attempt by Jareds. First attempted hash in this graticule.
- 2011-12-14 34 -119: Hash point right on the Ojai Valley Trail. This was easy to get to. Even for s0meb0dy. Am I the first in this Graticule?
- 2012-03-16 34 -119: Hash point in the middle of Violeta St in Saticoy and within walking distance. Success! s0meb0dy
 Channel Island hashpoints
- 2008-06-09 (peeron link) Santa Cruz Island
- 2012-05-10 34 -119 is right near the spine of Santa Cruz Island, pretty close to the airport.
- 2012-05-27 34 -119 is on Santa Cruz Island
|s0meb0dy earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
 Other comments that have been posted
- I've got myself and another watching it. If it's close enough, we might be able to make the trip. (2008-06-09 was on Santa Cruz Island, anyone attempt?)
- My husband and I live in the area as well. Today's (6-11-08) isn't too bad but jobs prevent wandering around outside all day. Guess we will have to see what Saturday brings! --erife