Long Beach, California
|Santa Barbara||Los Angeles||San Bernardino|
|San Nicolas Island||Long Beach||Santa Ana|
|Pacific Ocean||San Clemente Island||San Diego|
Today's location: not yet announced
The Long Beach graticule is located at latitude 33, longitude -118. It is mostly composed of ocean, but it does include the parts of the Los Angeles metro area which are South of the 10 freeway. This graticule also includes the interesting opportunity represented by Santa Catalina Island.
Current meetup information and plans
Map of today's location.
- 2008-06-14: First attended geohash for the Long Beach graticule, in the city of Cypress.
- 2008-06-22: A random Sunday trip to Terminal Island.
- 2008-09-06: Between the 710 and the LA River in Paramount
- 2008-09-27: Slightly south of LAX, in a parking lot near El Segundo and N. Avation Blvd.
- 2009-11-05: A speed racer success on the 405.
- 2010-10-15: A near miss of a water hash.
- 2011-04-17: Near the intersection of the 710 and 405.
- 2012-04-21: In the Orange Ave. Southern California Edison substation
- 2012-06-08: Inside the giant Chevron oil refinery near the ocean in El Segundo. No public access.
- 2013-12-21: At the southern border of an SCE Substation on the Palos Verdes peninsula.
- 2014-04-24: ON the runways at LAX (not actually attempted)
- 2015-01-25: Sidewalk on the Pacific Coast Highway in Wilmington or San Pedro.
- 2015-03-24: Along the outside wall of Coast Christian Fellowship in Torrance, California.
- 2016-06-18: In a public park-like area in View Park?
- 2016-06-19: In a parking lot in Norwalk
- 2017-10-21: In a Park in Cypress
- 2017-08-10: On Playa Del Rey beach by LAX
|Bill earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
Note:In the early months of geohashing Bill reported a successful expedition, but with neither pictures nor proof. The first person to provide proof of successfully reaching a hashpoint was Bishop Wash on 2011-04-17.