Minneapolis SW, Minnesota
|St. Cloud||Minneapolis NW||St. Paul NE|
|Hutchinson||Minneapolis SW||St. Paul SE|
|Estherville, Iowa||Albert Lea||Austin|
Today's location: not yet announced
Today's Location: Minneapolis, MN
See Also: Twin Cities, Minnesota
 Successful Meetups
- A successful meetup is one where at least two people were present simultaneously.
 Daily Locations
This list could perhaps be split into 'attempted' and 'not attempted' sections as the list is getting quite long!
- 2013-06-12: 44.965710°, -93.217495° - eastbound lane of I-94, near Minneapolis, MN (about 0 minutes or 0 miles by car from Minneapolis)
- The hash was reached by thousands, but only one who realized it was there (so far as we know).
- 2012-12-28: 44.780332°, -93.528036° - Bluestem Avenue, at Vierling Drive, near Shakopee, MN (about 24m or 20 miles by car from Mall of America)
- Swensonj got there, along with his dad and brother.
- 2011-12-12: 44.758592°, -93.350996° - A cul-de-sac (136th Court), near Savage, MN (about 13 minutes or 8.1 miles by car from Savage, MN)
- Aaron of Mpls Reached the point, but not until it was technically the next day.
- 2011-02-27: 44.9414750573°, -93.1634573994° - Summit Ave. near 2008-05-25 meetup (about 0 hours or 0 miles by car from St. Paul)
- Too bad I can't be there.
- 2010-09-06: 44.0692489°, -93.5129623° - On the grounds of an apartment complex in Waseca (about 1.5 hours or 80 miles by car from Minneapolis)
- Dvdllr and his dad made it.
- 2010-08-20: 44.908752°, -93.058494° - Kaposia Park, near South Saint Paul (about 0 hours or 0 miles by car from South Saint Paul)
- Jonathan & his girlfriend Kaitlyn attempted to reach the hashpoint.
- 2010-07-08: 44.712943°, -93.2686770° - in someone's yard, near Apple Valley (about 12 minutes or 9.9 miles by car from Bloomington, MN)
- Reached by Jeremy, his grandma, and his kitten.
- 2010-02-02: 44.9076735°, -93.0132567° - Along US Hwy 61, North of I-494, near St. Paul (about 9 minutes or 4 miles by car from St. Paul)
- 2010-11-29: 44.9764839°, -93.2515805° - Downtown Minneapolis, three blocks from the Guthrie, near Minneapolis (about 4 minutes or 1.5 miles by car from Washington Avenue SE and Pleasant St SE, Minneapolis, MN)
- 2009-10-29: 44.9609286°, -93.2888793° - On W 22nd St, just West of Lyndale, near Minneapolis (about 2 minutes or 1.5 blocks by car from Franklin & Lyndale, Minneapolis - Uptown)
- 2009-09-15: 44.858675°, -93.323896 - Just SE of I-494 & France, near Bloomington (about 0 minutes or 0 miles by car from Bloomington)
- Alan made it at 4:00 for about 30 minutes.
- 2009-09-13: 44.827594°, -93.059714 - Hwy 52 southbound, right lane, a few miles south of 494., near Inver Grove Heights (about 70 minutes or 64.5 miles by car from Rochester)
- 2009-04-25: 44.480978°, -93.352770° - in a field., near Lonsdale, MN (about 5 minutes or 3.9 miles by car from Lonsdale, MN)
- Reached by a group calling themselves Team Adventure
- 2009-04-03: 44.8419982°, -93.3250850° - W 90th St, East of France, near Bloomington (about 5 minutes or 1.25 miles by car from 494 & France)
(I-494 exit 6B=France OR I-35W exit 7B=90th St)
- Alan made it there on his motorcycle a bit before 4pm and stayed for about 30 minutes. Hiked up the hill to the spot and took a few (bad) cell phone pictures.
- 2008-12-06: 44.711202°, -93.322354° - , near Lakeville, Apple Valley, and Savage (about 30 minutes or 22.5 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- 2008-11-01: 44.94800°, -93.06226° - (44° 56.880', -93° 3.736') On N Maria Ave (near Indian Mounds Park), near downtown St. Paul, MN (about 5m or 1.5 miles by car from I-94 & I-35E)
- Alan would make it if he weren't geocaching in SE Minnesota
- 2008-08-23: 44.021298°, -93.777396° - 20 feet into a field south of County Road 10, near Pemberton, MN (about 1h 45m or 94 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
will be there about 12:45, because it's on his way to work, where he has to be at 1:30drove past it after work at about 9:20, but didn't stop.
- 2008-08-04: 44.1075°, -93.681598° - A field south of 380th Ave., near Janesville, MN (about 1h 35m or 78 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- Erik would have made it, but found out its location too late.
- 2008-07-28: 44.98563°, -93.07997° - (44° 59.138', -93° 4.798') On E Nevada Ave (residential street), near downtown St. Paul, MN (about 10m or 2.5 miles by car from I-94 & I-35E)
- 2008-06-28: 44.658111°, -93.365634° - a wooded area near a corn field, near Lakeville, MN (about 14 minutes or 7.2 miles by car from Lakeville, MN)
- Reached by 3 separate groups, who played Fluxx at the hashpoint.
- 2008-06-21: 44.979318°, -93.613962° - in a yard near the intersection of Watertown Rd and Stubbs Bay Rd, near Long Lake, MN (about 27 minutes or 20.6 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- Reached by 6 people.
- 2008-06-14: 44.806746°, -93.038886° - in a ditch near Pine Bend School, near South St. Paul (about 31 minutes or 25 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- 2008-06-10: 44.875845°, -93.099769° - in the water, on the west end of Sunfish lake!, near South St. Paul (about 25 minutes or 16 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- 2008-06-03: 44.957992°, -93.128935° - On St Albans St N between Charles and Edmund Ave, near St Paul (about 1m or 1 miles by car from St Paul, MN)
- Reached - Joel visited there around lunchtime and felt self-conscious hanging around a residential area.
- Also reached by Erica and her cousin Lauren at about 4pm. Lauren took photos.
- 2008-05-30: 44.853102°, -93.244603° - Mall of America, near Bloomington (about 20 minutes or 11 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
Erica and her mom are totally taking the excuse to shop. We'll be there sometime in the afternoon/evening.Indication of anyone wanting to meet up will result in a more definite time frame.
- UPDATE: Erica's plans fell through. :-( Oh well. Some other time.
- PippaBlue made it to the Sprawl of America and snapped a photo in front of Macy's. Depending on the floor, the actual coordinates seem to have landed somewhere in the middle of men's shirts, the Clinique counter, or luxury bedding.
- Jennifer unknowingly achieved the geohash today by pure and utter luck!
- 2008-05-29: 44.464701°, -93.034125° - Between two farm fields, on the property line, near Northfield, MN (about 33 min or 27.4 miles by car from Rosemount, MN)
- A one-time geohasher Rebecca brought her friend Leigh to this location. Noticing the coordinate was on a property line (marked for zoning), and that neither neighbor was home, they walked between the cornfields to the exact spot in the dirt. Pictures are available but uninteresting.
- 2008-05-28: 44.68745°, -93.212208° - A field east off Ceder Avenue just south of 179th Street One of the last farms left in Farmington, near Farmington (about 34m or 24 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- 2008-05-26: 44.673128°, -93.607309° - Just North of Sand Creek, West of Naylor Avenue, near Jordan, MN (about 49m or 35 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- 2008-05-25: 44.941774°, -93.182874° - At the intersection of Summit Avenue and Prior Ave N in St. Paul (about 14m or 6.2 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- Another local one! I'll be at (or near) this one at around 5 PM on Sunday. -Abi
- And I'm going to try to be there, too! -Erica
- 2008-05-24: 44.126648°, -93.547534° - On 110th Street, North of 390th Avenue, near Waseca, MN (about 1h 30m or 82 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- 2008-05-23: 44.400246°, -93.722772° - Just North of Le Sueur Creek, near Le Center, MN (about 1h 18m or 66 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
- 2008-05-22: 44.972874°, -93.238697° - On the East Bank of the UMN Campus on the Washington Ave Bridge (about 4m or 1.5 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN) photo
- Successful meetup! Chris and Abi met at approximately 6PM local time. 22.214.171.124 23:18, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- 2008-05-21: 44.179467, -93.861537 - In the middle of a field, East of MN-27, near Eagle Lake, MN (about 1h 41m or 84 miles by car from Minneapolis, MN)
 Local Geohashers
Josemite lives in Eagan, has a car and will go geohashing to most places relatively nearby, typically with his father.
Sprica lives on campus for the moment, has no car, is married to the bus lines, and will perhaps barter a horse, nonetheless...she will be there.
FsM lives in Como and has no form of long distance transportation other than the bus, so its just a matter of waiting for the right day...
Chris is abysmally busy in what would seem to be a permanent way. He probably won't be attending geohashes in the near future.
Abi lives in south Minneapolis, and will try to make it to the geohashes that don't require expending an excessive quantity of gas to get there.
Ford lives in St. Paul and hates to drive. I guess one only has to go on the hash once in a lifetime to be a hashi, though. Or is that hashashin?
Jennifer lives in St. Paul and will be attending when both work, location, and the stars collide. It's more than likely she will be at ones closer to the city than those further out like Saturday's (May 24 2008) location.
Alex lives in South Minneapolis and would love to do this on a Saturday when she can tear herself away from grading papers (which will get much easier in, oh, two weeks).
Brendan lives near this graticule and is able to drive anywhere within reason
Joel lives just northwest of Minneapolis but is keeping an eye on this square also.
mike has too many vehicles, but prefers to stick to his bicycle or motorcycle when possible.
Rebecca is starting a job on June 2 requiring her to work at 4 PM. (Boo...)
Nick doesn't like paying for gas, but might be willing to drive (relatively) short distances.
Skyler is at the U, and can bike or bus, but that's pretty much it.
Alan lives in the NE corner of this graticule, on the East side of St. Paul.
Ashley lives just south of Minneapolis and will be attempting Saturday excursions the summer of 2008.
Ali is living in the location for the summer only. He's going to try to come to as many as possible.
Erik lives in a small town 15 miles southeast of Mankato, about 1250 feet from the southern edge of the graticule. He might check out ones near him, if he remembers.
Adem lives on the northern edge of this graticule, and possesses both a beautiful bike and an ever-rustier heap of a car. He'll try to make it to the saturday meetups over the winter of '08-'09.
Steve lives in the NE most corner of graticule SW Minneapolis (44, -93) near the U and is new to this, but will try and keep an eye out for nearby hashes near the corner of the four twin cities graticules.
Jordan lives in Lakeville, and intends to traipse about the countryside whenever able.
Brent lives in South Saint Paul, and is way too chicken (and lazy) to try any difficult geohash attempts.
Scott I'm a Mankato student who is able to go to most meetups if there is some sort of motivation.