I've been checking out Geo Hash points on the map for quite a while, somewhat out of curiosity and somewhat to see different random places. A year or two after I started checking out the map I finally achieved my first successful expedition with the help of a GPS-owning friend. Now I finally have a GPS device in the form of a phone so I was able to achieve a second successful expedition on my own.
- 2011-11-05 41 -91 (Cedar Rapids South, Iowa): Neighborhood hash in Middle Amana, IA.
- 2011-04-24 43 -93 (Albert Lea, Minnesota): Farmland hash near Minnesota Lake, MN.
- 2011-03-06 32 -81 (Savannah, Georgia): Water-tower hash on vacation in Savannah, GA.
- 2010-12-02 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Drive-by residential hash in Byron.
- 2010-12-02 44 -91 (Eau Claire, Wisconsin): Short hike in Bluffside Park near Winona.
- Another couple successful expedition I haven't gotten around to logging. Probably some unsuccessful ones too.
- 2010-07-06 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Hobbit hash in Rochester, MN
- Some successful expedition I haven't gotten around to logging. :-)
- 2010-03-28 44 -93 (Minneapolis SW, Minnesota): Failed expedition, I think. Coordinates in someone's back yard. Still need to do the math to be sure.
- 2010-02-06 43 -91 (La Crosse, Wisconsin): Snowshoes and double-breasted suit virgin graticule on a beautiful day geohash.
- 2010-01-04 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Frozen speed-racer midnight deja-vu geohash.
- 2009-11-16 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Successful middle-of-nowhere meetup.
- 2009-11-14 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Successful meetup and golf achievement.
- 2009-09-13 44 -93 (Minneapolis SW, Minnesota): Caught it with just a little loop in his drive up 52 from Rochester to his parents' place. Go Speed Racer Go!
- 2009-09-12 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Attained on bike. Details to come.
- 2009-09-11 43 -92 (Austin, Minnesota): Recruited friends to journey with him through vast open lands to visit a remote farmhouse.
- 2009-09-10 43 -92 (Austin, Minnesota): Took a lunch break in the corn and posted to #geohash from the hashpoint.
- 2009-09-09 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Biked with C-Dog on their light-bicycles 14.66 miles for a bicycle/tron/4th-consecutive-day Geo Hash at a quarry.
- 2009-09-08 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Navigated winding roads with TheYouper for a thick-vegetation-on-a-hillside Geo Hash.
- 2009-09-07 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Waded through soybeans with C-Dog and Maybe for a Labor Day Geo Hash.
- 2009-09-06 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, Minnesota): Drove over to Afton for a middle-of-the-road Geo Hash with Virgin Graticule and Speed Racer achievements.
- 2009-07-22 43 -92 (Austin, Minnesota): Enlisted the help of a GPS owning friend for Virgin Graticule, Drag-along, and Land achievements.
My local graticule is St. Paul SE, Minnesota.