Manchester, United Kingdom
From Geo Hashing
(Redirected from 53,-2)
- Manchester, Chester, Liverpool, St Helens, Preston, Bolton, Blackburn, Stockport, Macclesfield, Wigan as well as numerous other built up areas, including the greater parts of the Stoke-on-Trent and Wrexham areas. Water geohashes are rare, but the graticule does contain the estuaries of the Mersey and Ribble rivers, as well as a small part of Morecambe Bay. Anyone wishing to go exploring these risky bodies of waters should seek local expert safety advice. That said, there is the Leeds-Liverpool canal, which is reasonably safe.
put things about the odd quirks and idiosyncrasies that the graticule tends to have
- Claire Dodd moved over from West Yorkshire.
- TheGeorge hometown is a small town between Crewe and Northwich, comes back there every University Holiday.
- _nod new to Geohashing.
 Visiting Geohashers
- Angel lives just off the northern edge, in Lancaster, but may occasionally walk over the boundary (and visits family near Wigan, Preston and Manchester sometimes)
- Sourcerer visits several times per year to see good friends who like beer and curry. At last there has been a reachable point but so far no drag-along and pub/curry geohash potential.
- MontyVisited graticule as part of a coast-line trip
- MagicIan grew up in this graticule and still has family and friends living here.
 Planned Expeditions
- 2015-12-24 53 -2: Sourcerer visited a field close to a footpath, north of Sandbach, Cheshire (east), UK.
- 2015-08-15 53 -2: Yewbarrow claimed a first geohash by cycling out to this easy-to-reach location
- 2015-05-08 53 -2: Marsh and his fiancee enjoyed their race against time to arrive at this geohash before midnight.
- 2015-05-07 53 -2: Marsh attempted to reach this geohash but failed as it was on private property.
- 2013-04-07 53 -2: Longhairedred happened to be staying at a friend's house just down the road from this geohash, so walked up after lunch
- 2013-08-11 53 -2: Angel (talk) saw a hash 9 miles away, straight up the National Cycle Network route 91; but waited until mum got home from work, and got a lift to earn a drag-along acheivement instead of jogging.
- 2012-12-27 53 -2: MagicIan was staying at his parent's house over the Christmas holidays and spotted this easy hash on a residential street near Hazel Grove, Stockport
- 2012-08-09 53 -2: Sourcerer drove along the M56. The hashpoint was just east of junction 12.
- 2012-05-06 53 -2: Epic cycle/scramble/climb hash by Alexturgid
- 2012-05-05 53 -2: Minimal fuss fertiliser plant cycle hash by Alexturgid
- 2012-03-31 53 -2: A saturday expedition, which Angel reached, as did a couple of other folks.
- 2012-03-24 53 -2: Angel on foot, and Jonno on his biking hash, met at the destination, took some picture, then went to the pub.
- 2012-03-19 53 -2: Angel reached this one on foot.
- 2012-03-15 53 -2: Angel sends his dad to claim a Puppet Master Geohash
- 2012-03-06 53 -2: Reached by Alexturgid and Tekwyzard at 2023 BST (map).
- Everyone is sleeping but Sourcerer visits several times per year to see good friends who like beer and curry. Sooner or later there will be a reachable point, perhaps with drag-along and pub/curry geohash potential.
- 2011-07-27 53 -2: Planned by Monty as the first part of a coast-to-coast triplet. Reached (though not fully photographed), report still pending. (map).
- 2011-05-01 53 -2: A field right next to the M6 motorway between Crewe and Newcastle, and only a couple of metres off a footpath. Benjw and MrsBenjw called in on the way home from a birthday party in Staffordshire.
- Everyone slept for a year.
- 2008-10-17 53 -2: Reached by Styles at 21:57pm BST (map).
- 2008-09-19 53 -2: Reached by 3Lance at 6:15pm BST (map).
- 2008-06-17 53 -2: Tried by GeoDom. A field approx 2km SSE from Adlington (map).
- 2008-05-31 53 -2: Effectively reached by Tommy at 3:30pm BST (map).
- 2008-05-26 53 -2: Reached by M.Bryan at 4pm BST (map).