Latest Coordinates and Map Quick-Links - Tucson
|Friday 2018-08-17||32.8131205, -110.8773068|
|Saturday 2018-08-18||32.2559133, -110.5266482|
|Sunday 2018-08-19||32.6292021, -110.6951131|
|Phoenix (East Valley)||Globe||Whiteriver|
The Tucson, AZ graticule is at latitude 32, longitude -110. Unfortunately, areas west of I-19 are in the next graticule over. But this graticule contains most of Tucson and the Santa Catalina Mountains, which could make for some interesting hikes!
Today's Location: [Tucson, Arizona]
- The point for today (March 14, 2012) is inside the AZ State Prison. I feel like that is a very particular type of achievement.
- The Tucson point for May 21 is inside Davis Monthan Air Force Base. Hmm.
- May 24 2008: Near Saguaro National Park, looks really easy to get to.
- its 2.5 miles from the closest road point and at least a mile from the nearest trail. regulations for the park dont allow leaving trails below 4,500 feet
- Aug 12 2008: The Tucson point is a few miles past Reddington Pass (from Tucson International). EvilTaylor (a student pilot) and his CFI made it out there around 8:15am (local) by means of a C172, and practiced ground reference maneuvers.
- Nov 02 2008: Sunday's point is in the Vail area, just behind/between the subdivisions behind Cienega High School on Mary Ann Cleveland way. Very well situated for me (KarMann), I might make this one if I can get out of a prior commitment.
- Nov 03 2008: Monday's point is also fairly easy to reach, in an alley between Holly Stravenue & March Place, near the railroad tracks, Palo Verde, & Silverlake Rd. I (KarMann) might go for Consecutive Geohash! Will be there slightly before proper Meetup 4 PM time, and can't stick around until then.
- Dec 13 2008 and Dec 14 both look pretty good to me, location-wise, out on the southeast side near Vail. I probably won't have time on Saturday, though. And the weather's iffy for Sunday, given that I'd be riding a bike. We'll see. --KarMann
- Dec 17 2008 is only about a kilometer from the Dec 14 geohash, and similarly easy to get to. I'll be keeping an eye on the weather.
- Apr 28 2009 is a good opportunity in the city to get a speed racer achievement, being in the southbound lane of Eastside City Hall Dr or N Fremming Dr (the street naming on the map is a bit confusing), just north of Speedway, between Pantano and Kolb.
- If it wasn't next to a Police Substation and next to a dead end... (Also, geohash achieved by me around 7:30PM -Yert)
- 20 Dec 2011
- 26 Aug 2011
- 21 Jun 2011
- 8 May 2011
- 20 Feb 2011
- 6 Feb 2011
- 25 Oct 2009
- 11 Oct 2009
- 25 Sep 2009
- 20 Jun 2009
- 12 Jun 2009
- 28 Apr 2009
- 4 Apr 2009
- 29 Mar 2009
- 1 Mar 2009
- 22 Feb 2009
- 3 Jan 2009
- 3 Nov 2008
- 2 Nov 2008
- 12 Aug 2008
- 5 Jul 2008
Chariot (if not feeling lazy, and if its near/in the city)(moved)
- Sp (When I get a GPS)
- Wyle & RoadRunner (who actually live just west in the Casa Grande graticule)
- Djaded (Once I get my license, probably July)
- Aqisnotliquid Going to be in town from late July to November-ish.
- Bishop Wash
The Deflowering of the Tucson Graticule
|EvilTaylor , amfarbs earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|