The_T-Man in his natural habitat - a train!
I'm 22 years old and live (and, by the way, have always lived) in wonderful München, Germany (48, 11). However, I also do much of my geohashing in the Innsbruck (47, 11) graticule, too. In my free time, I like to play the acoustic guitar, run, cycle or read about chemistry, spaceflight, medicine or other sciency stuff. After doing some not-so-volounteer work in a hospital and undergoing a short paramedic training, I decided to study medicine. Which I'm currently doing at LMU and TU of Munich. I occasionally update my former employee's website and work at the hospital as a side job. This site was recommended to me by DerFlob who I'm occasionally visiting hashpoints with. Since I love cycling and hiking, I hope those will be my preferred ways of traveling. Trains, however, are awesome as well!
I'm currently using:
- A Garmin eTrex Hiking GPS (which I think is a great GPS, especially since it's kinda waterproof)
- A Panasonic DMC-TZ5 digital camera (which takes good enough pictures for my purposes - and gladly proved to get along with slight water contact rather well)
- A Rixe XC 10.0 cross bike. Got it in fall of 2011 and will hopefully use it for lots of expeditions to come.
I'll gladly forward my adress to anyone seeking the hashcard achievement. Since I'm also aiming to get the achievement, I'd also be glad for any adresses / requests submitted to me.
- Reaching my Origin Hashpoint in a village N of Ingolstadt. Not very easy to reach, though, because it seems to be right on a tennis court. Maybe I'll try to connect it with an expedition to a hashpoint in the vicinity.
- Helping to get one of those beautiful Most Active Graticule ribbons for München. We've always been there, it just hadn't been enough expeditions. Hope I can help make a change. Extra satisfaction if Zürich ends up second.
Aiming for 2013-05-19 48 11 because it is only 2.6 km away from my home (and it's in a nice place to go for a walk). I'll be there at, say, 9 p.m. because I have a family meetup in 49, 12 going on before.
- Water geohash: There are some noteable lakes in the Innsbruck graticule. Since I don't really possess a water vehicle, reaching a hashpoint in one of those would be a bit tricky, but surely not impossible.
- Minesweeper Geohash: It's always hard to get yourself to go that extra distance, but I'll keep on looking for good opportunities.
I really think the Category:New report could prove to be very useful for new geohashers, of which there are still a lot around. But for that, it has to be implemented more consistently, which I'm aiming to do. Also, I really would like to remove the 200+ old entries still flagged as new ones. If you disagree or propose a different model, feel free to contact me.
most recent expedition first
- 2012-06-18 48 11 Scherzkeks and I drove to Ammersee (a lake near München) for the afternoon and had a look at that day's hashpoint, which was very much in the middle of a barley field.
- 2012-04-26 48 11 Rather easy: This one was some hundred meters away from the rescue helicopter landing site at Klinikum Großhadern, amidst some trees. Met DerFlob and Zertrin (on his second expedition) there and spent a nice time.
- 2012-03-28 48 11 Got to Karlsfeld just N of München by train and met DerFlob there. Again, as every time when there is a hashpoint in reach, the weather was astounding.
- 2012-03-17 47 11 Took public transport together with Scherzkeks, DerFlob, Locationmaster (on his first geohash) and two parents as drag-alongs to the Ammersee lake during the beginning of spring. Hashpoint was located in a nice broad-leaved forest.
- 2012-03-01 47 11 Connected this one with a visit to my mum. Hashpoint was near Gmund at Tegernsee. Such beautiful weather!
- 1990-11-24 47 11 Made it to my displaced origin hashpoint near Geretsried in southern Bavaria on 2011/02/01 while I was around. Also a bit creepy and freezing.
- 2010-09-06 48 11 On the grave of Mr and Mrs Adam, in a woodland cemetery near Solln S of München.
- 2010-07-01 48 11 Tried to collect as many achievements as possible with DerFlob. Point was a bit more than 1 km from my place and even closer to DerFlob's.
- 2010-06-23 48 11 Hashpoint was located just 250m away from a suburban train station S of München. Also went there with DerFlob.
- 2010-05-21 48 11 Celebrated Geohashing Day in a forest south of Grünwald near München by enjoying silence and nature.
- 2010-04-10 48 11 Reached a hashpoint 2 km away from my home by gaining access to an old lady's garden through the means of diplomacy.
- 2010-03-27 48 11 Went to the village of Geisenbrunn outside the west of München with DerFlob by bike. Had to encounter heavy headwinds and was happy to ride back home by train.
- 2010-03-21 48 11 A short, but yet pleasant trip to Furth together with Johanna (just south of München) where we met DerFlob and later Zb and his drag-along Mar.
- 2010-03-17 48 11 Went there with Johanna and DerFlob. Failed because the haspoint was in a restricted parking area for workers of the nearby HypoVereinsbank corporate headquarters. Spent a nice time with fellow geohasher Robert though.
- 2010-03-13 47 11 A nice trip to southern Bavaria using public transport. Built an awesome snowman with DerFlob. Also first geohash I've been on.
The achievement ribbons here are sorted somewhat like on the achievement page.
I generally tend to mention only the "firsts" of my achievements. If I repeat something I deem worth mentioning, I may post it multiple times.
Geohash Fun & Games
| The_T-Man earned the Pie Geohash Achievement
- by baking (or rather, being involved in baking) mixed berry pie for other people to degustate at the (48, 11) geohash on Pi-Day 2012.
There's also a great snowman I helped building at 2013-01-21 48 11.
Single Geohash Challenges
Multiple Geohash Challenges
Commemorative Dates (Retro Expedition)
General overview of failed expeditions (or, to be precice, expeditions where I did not reach the coordinates - "failed" seems a bit harsh):