A geohasher from Munich, roaming the 48, 11 and 47, 11 graticules, mostly. Working as an MD, enjoying judo, cycling, trains, guitars, and other enjoyable things.
I'm currently using:
- A Garmin eTrex Hiking GPS (which I think is a great GPS, especially since it's kinda waterproof)
- A cell phone
- A Rixe XC 10.0 cross bike. Got it in fall of 2011 and will hopefully use it for lots of expeditions to come.
I'll gladly forward my adress to anyone seeking the hashcard achievement. Since I'm also aiming to get the achievement, I'd also be glad for any adresses / requests submitted to me.
- Reaching my Origin Hashpoint in a village N of Ingolstadt. Not very easy to reach, though, because it seems to be right on a tennis court. Maybe I'll try to connect it with an expedition to a hashpoint in the vicinity.
- Water geohash: There are some noteable lakes in the Innsbruck graticule. Since I don't really possess a water vehicle, reaching a hashpoint in one of those would be a bit tricky, but surely not impossible. Also, 2018-08-17 48 11 was close, but no cigar.
- Minesweeper Geohash: It's always hard to get yourself to go that extra distance, but I'll keep on looking for good opportunities.
most recent expedition first
Wow, that was a long break!
- Expedition 28 2018-08-17 48 11 Very cheesy, picturesque hashpoint, in Munich's famed Englischer Garten, right at the central lake's shore. Went there after work.
- Expedition 27 2014-08-10 48 11 Failed attempt because of crops blocking the way.
- Expedition 22 2012-06-18 48 11 Scherzkeks and I drove to Ammersee (a lake near München) for the afternoon and had a look at that day's hashpoint, which was very much in the middle of a barley field.
- Expedition 21 2012-04-29 48 11 A nice walk on a Sunday. Drove to Altomünster NW of München and walked through the forest together with Scherzkeks, DerFlob and Locationmaster.
- Expedition 20 2012-04-26 48 11 Rather easy: This one was some hundred meters away from the rescue helicopter landing site at Klinikum Großhadern, amidst some trees. Met DerFlob and Zertrin (on his second expedition) there and spent a nice time.
- Expedition 19 2012-04-06 48 2 Reached this hashpoint in Champigny-sur-Margne during our vacation in Paris together with Scherzkeks.
- Expedition 18 2012-03-28 48 11 Got to Karlsfeld just N of München by train and met DerFlob there. Again, as every time when there is a hashpoint in reach, the weather was astounding.
- Expedition 17 2012-03-21 48 11 Cycled to Forstenrieder Park S of München and met DerFlob there. Robert was there, too, but later and without our knowledge.
- Expedition 16 2012-03-17 47 11 Took public transport together with Scherzkeks, DerFlob, Locationmaster (on his first geohash) and two parents as drag-alongs to the Ammersee lake during the beginning of spring. Hashpoint was located in a nice broad-leaved forest.
- Expedition 15 2012-03-14 48 11 Pi(e)-day geohash with DerFlob and Johanna in Bergkirchen NW of München. Great sunset!
- Expedition 14 2012-03-01 47 11 Connected this one with a visit to my mum. Hashpoint was near Gmund at Tegernsee. Such beautiful weather!
- Expedition 13 2011-02-06 48 11 Went to a hashpoint in a forest SW of München with DerFlob. Awesome weather!
- Expedition 12 1990-11-24 47 11 Made it to my displaced origin hashpoint near Geretsried in southern Bavaria on 2011/02/01 while I was around. Also a bit creepy and freezing.
- Expedition 11 2010-09-06 48 11 On the grave of Mr and Mrs Adam, in a woodland cemetery near Solln S of München.
- Expedition 10 2010-07-01 48 11 Tried to collect as many achievements as possible with DerFlob. Point was a bit more than 1 km from my place and even closer to DerFlob's.
- Expedition 9 2010-06-23 48 11 Hashpoint was located just 250m away from a suburban train station S of München. Also went there with DerFlob.
- Expedition 8 2010-06-10 48 11 Hashpoint was located on a field N of Poing near München. Also went there with DerFlob.
- Expedition 7 2010-05-24 48 11 Went to a suburb of Erding with DerFlob and enjoyed the awesome weather.
- Expedition 6 2010-05-21 48 11 Celebrated Geohashing Day in a forest south of Grünwald near München by enjoying silence and nature.
- Expedition 5 2010-04-10 48 11 Reached a hashpoint 2 km away from my home by gaining access to an old lady's garden through the means of diplomacy.
- Expedition 4 2010-03-27 48 11 Went to the village of Geisenbrunn outside the west of München with DerFlob by bike. Had to encounter heavy headwinds and was happy to ride back home by train.
- Expedition 3 2010-03-21 48 11 A short, but yet pleasant trip to Furth (just south of München) where we met DerFlob and later Zb and his drag-along Mar.
- Expedition 2 2010-03-17 48 11 Went there with DerFlob. Failed because the haspoint was in a restricted parking area for workers of the nearby HypoVereinsbank corporate headquarters. Spent a nice time with fellow geohasher Robert though.
- Expedition 1 2010-03-13 47 11 A nice trip to southern Bavaria using public transport. Built an awesome snowman with DerFlob. Also first geohash I've been on.
The achievement ribbons here are sorted somewhat like on the achievement page.
I generally tend to mention only the "firsts" of my achievements. If I repeat something I deem worth mentioning, I may post it multiple times.
Geohash Fun & Games
| The_T-Man earned the Pie Geohash Achievement
- by baking (or rather, being involved in baking) mixed berry pie for other people to degustate at the (48, 11) geohash on Pi-Day 2012.
There's also a great snowman I helped building at 2013-01-21 48 11.
Single Geohash Challenges
Multiple Geohash Challenges
Commemorative Dates (Retro Expedition)
Consolation Prizes and Honourable Mentions