Archived Talk (last and previous years)
 Re: 2015-01-01
 Wiki Data
Hi Sourcerer. Here is the source code to compile the most active graticles. This code should run as it in MS Visual studio 2010. 
 Oldest known active geohashers
I asked Spindizzy and Brandon's Dad on their discussion pages whether they are still active.
GeorgDerReisende might be older then we.
Greetings --Q-Owl (talk) 08:55, 3 February 2015 (EST) (one of the oldest known active geohashers, too. :-) )
Pastori's a/s/g says 65.
- Is Category:Geohashers_by_age manually maintained? It does not seem to be accurate. So I'm no longer claiming to be the oldest active geohasher - still ancient though! --Sourcerer (talk) 08:01, 4 February 2015 (EST)
 Monster Hash
I enjoyed seeing your north-south-pairs Monster Hash. I picked up hashing while I was living in Durham UK and got an adjacent-graticule pair, but they were on either side of midnight. I like yours better. Mcbaneg (talk) 07:08, 4 February 2015 (EST)
- Yes - It can be a real advantage living near ,0 or ,179. I'm waiting for 89.999, X - then a polar explorer could visit 360 hashpoints by walking in a small circle.
 February 2015
Congratulations on reaching more points in February than there were days in that month! It will be some time until I'm through all the data, but I believe that may be some kind of record! Well done sir! :) Mystrsyko (talk) 11:00, 14 April 2015 (EDT)
- Thanks for the congratulations. I had fun that month! Should there be a ribbon? --Sourcerer (talk) 09:57, 16 April 2015 (EDT)
 May bank holiday
Congratulations on your latest hash. We were only 4km away from it, at Kelling Heath Holiday Park, but didn't realise until 23.30, by which time we'd had too much booze to get to the hashpoint on time. We clearly need to be more diligent in checking for meeting opportunities in the future! Tongs (talk) 17:38, 4 May 2015 (EDT)
- I can relate to that! --Sourcerer (talk) 03:52, 8 June 2015 (EDT)
 May last-man-standing ribbons
Hi Sourcerer - I was going through Category:Last man standing achievement out of curiosity, and noticed that for that same hash missed by Tongs (2015-05-04 52 1) as well as 2015-05-10 52 1, other people uploaded more expeditions for the same date (presumably after you'd claimed your ribbons.) So for the accuracy of the category you should probably take those two ribbons down... the category will then be updated automatically. Sorry for the very minor bad news but congratulations on your formidable run of hashes this year!! I appreciate the weather reports you often include. -- OtherJack (talk) 23:37, 7 June 2015 (EDT)
- I'm sure you are right. From time to time I check the "Last man standing" for exactly this reason. --Sourcerer (talk) 03:46, 8 June 2015 (EDT)