|Welcome To||The Chrome Crusaders
^^^ Want a banner like mine? It's customisable! use the template I made to make your own!
- 2015-01-30 52 1 First Geohash (Unsuccessful) | In a field that I am yet to actually find. Stradbroke Near Diss.
- 2015-02-06 52 1 First Successful Geohash | Wickhampton - Following a farm track.
- 2015-02-15 52 1 The Second and Last* Unsuccessful Geohash | In a wet horrible woodland area with some sort of signal bouncing trees.
- 2015-03-10 52 1 Near Norfolks very own California! | at "Beach Road Chalet Park".
- 2015-05-07 52 1 Someones Back Garden - With a Big Dog! | Unsuccessful Due to Callum valuing his limbs.
- 2015-05-21_52_1 Somones Farm/Back Garden | Brundish, Norfolk, UK.
- 2015-05-28_52_1 Someones Farm... Oh Well! | Bittern Railway.
- 2015-06-05_52_1 Someones Very Big Back Garden | Benacre, Suffolk.
- 2015-06-09_52_1 In a field | Dickleburgh, Norfolk.
- 2015-06-13_52_1 Another Field | Kenton Corner, Suffolk.
- 2016-03-28_52_1 A Small Grass Patch | East Ruston, Norfolk.
- 2016-04-02_52_1 Another Field | Poringland, Norfolk.
- 2016-05-21_52_0 A field, next to a pub... | Belchamp St. Paul, Essex, UK.
- 2017-05-21_52_0 A field, north of a pub... | Dereham, Norfolk, UK.
Yes, we should have two separate accounts, but only one of us knows what a computer is.
My name is Callum, I'm the technical brains behind the operation but like James May I have a rubbish sense of direction which is where Josh comes in handy. I guess sticking to the Top Gear references, if I'm James May... Josh would be Jeremy Clarkson - the sort of person who fixes things with a hammer and insists power is the way out of any situation. (Written when Top Gear was a thing)
We have known each other since high school, we have worked together being self employed and play in the same band (and before anyone gets any ideas, we also both have girlfriends (updated 06/02/2015))
Because we live near the coast, some of our graticule is North Sea and, like all Geohashers, at some point we will probably encounter a Fence (dramatic music) so a deployable boat and quadcopter are being developed under top secret conditions.
Small Update - after 2015-02-15 52 1 The quadcopter is moving forwards in development, hopefully it will account for a lack of GPS signal by getting above the tree height and also save us going over and/or through questionable terrain and fences. Maybe I'll post a build log?'
Q: Don't you get cold on your bikes?
A: Usually, Yes.
Q: What is the point?
A: It's this or sitting inside on my computer... like I am now.
Alternative Answer: Its a random place on the map... I'll explain later.
Q: Get Off my land!
A: ...Sir thats not a question - but okay.
Q: Do you get cold?
A: You have already asked that.
Q: It's a bit cold for ice cream isn't it?
A: It's never to cold for ice cream!
Q: Has anyone actually asked any of these?
A: Someone asked if we were cold once, and suggested wearing tights. And The ice cream one is true. And lots of people ask me what the point is...
A: Get asked this all the time... And - not really, at least at the time of writing - as my types of transport develops then the answer will almost certainly be yes.