San Diego, California
|Long Beach||Santa Ana||Borrego Springs|
|San Clemente Island||San Diego||Tecate, Mexico|
|Pacific Ocean||Pacific Ocean||Ensenada, Mexico|
The San Diego graticule is at latitude 32, longitude -117. It encloses San Diego, Tijuana and several surrounding cities. It consists of about 85% water and 5% of land in Mexico. There are several proposed solutions on how to increase the percentage of time there can be a meetup.
See Talk:San Diego, California for more discussion.
 Active Users
LucasBrown has, as of 21 July 2012, been on 19 documented geohashes. He might have been on another one before he started documenting his activities, but his memory is rather fuzzy on that point.
Brett is here to represent all the poor geospatially confused students at SDSU
Nick Is up in the mission valley area and will be at the next weekend meetup with his girlfriend.
Craig is full of promises, but hasn't shown up yet.
GraphicDesignAce will see if he can make it this Saturday, June 14th. But I might have work! (Legoland)
Saria is a geocaching SDSU student who is excited by this!
Grumpy and Mrs Grumpy recently hashed in this graticule.
Dallas Rain contemplated life in front of a beautiful cloudscape on February 7 up at a beach in Del Mar.
Digmaster Lives in Coronado and wishes to start Geohashing!
Richard Soderberg is working from home in Solana Beach and hooked his girlfriend on Adventures.
Cliffhopper lived in the graticule to the east and moved to the graticule to the north, but has only geohashed in this graticule.
Cory lives in Carlsbad and is always down for an adventure.
evilwombat lives in Del Mar and loves doing things the normals consider unconventional.
Stephen Cerruti lives in Oceanside but finds himself as far south as Encinitas most week days.
JesseW lives near UCSD.
Curley Lives in North Park. Used to Geohash a bunch in 2008 but hasn't met any others yet.
Mathgeek Lives in Scripps Ranch and works in La Jolla. He has made a few expeditions.
 Notable Dates
|Somnivore earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
- 2008-05-28 - On the Naval Air Station North Island. Unknown just how accessible it might be to civilian folks.
- Craig is wishing he hadn't carpooled to work today, because it's so close!
- Trust me on this; You cant get on without a military ID, sorry guys.
- 2008-05-30 - In La Jolla, just off of Torrey Pines Road.
- 2008-06-14 - A Saturday meetup, on land and everything! Near the Mission Trails Park.
- 2008-07-03 - Right on the west end of Discovery Park. How can we miss this one?
- 2008-07-13 - In the middle of the friggin ocean. Again.
- 2008-07-17 - Near the intersection of Carrol Way and Carrol Road in Mira Mesa. Neato!
- 2008-07-25 - Right on the Ocean Dr. corner of Sunset Park on Coronado.
- 2008-09-06 - First hash by Cliffhopper
- 2009-01-10 - Not in the middle of the ocean, a mere 1.5mi west of Scripps Pier. Any takers?
- 2009-01-31 - Grumpy and Mrs Grumpy made it to the hashpoint.
- 2010-02-07 - Parking lot at Mission Valley Shopping Center.
- 2010-02-25 - Somewhere on a street in Point Loma, north of San Diego.
- 2010-04-22 - Close to 3800 Calle Fortunada, San Diego, CA
- 2012-04-21 - On Land! (unusually)
- 2012-04-25 - On land, and right on the coast; in the middle of La Jolla, i.e. a tourist spot.
- 2012-05-31 - In a Scripps Ranch neighborhood near Poway.
- 2012-06-06 - Just off the 15 Freeway, near Scripps Poway Parkway.
- 2012-06-17 - Near the Visitor Center of Mission Trails Regional Park
- 2012-06-19 - In a house on a private drive off of Woodlawn Ave right next to the 5 Freeway in Chula Vista.
- 2012-09-17 - In grad student housing near UCSD.
- 2012-10-09 - In or around a park near Aero Dr. and Ruffin Rd.
- 2012-10-19 - Open space (hopefully) near Racetrack View Dr. in Del Mar.
- 2013-02-24 -- In Liberty Station, near the airport.
- 2013-03-27 -- Right on (the Mexican side of) the border.
 Retro Geohashing Day hashpoints on land
- 2005 on a hill east of Lake Miramar
- 1997 near Sweetwater Resivour
- 1995 on the beach by UCSD
- 1992 west of the 805 in Chula Vista
- 1988 in Mexico
- 1984 west of Genessee Ave. in Clairmont Mesa West
- 1983 in a house on Scripps Lake Dr., south of Lake Miramar
- 1982 on Camino Lazanja, off of Camino Del Sur, north of the 56
- 1979 in a house on Hawthorn St., west of where the 805 and 15 cross
- ...some years not checked...
- 1959 on the main runway (27) at San Diego International Airport