2012-04-25 32 -117
I, Stephen, shouldn't be taking the time out today, but, once the traffic lets up I am going to drive down from Encinitas. ETA 9:45
I, Todd, work nearby and hope to steal away for a few minutes before it gets too soggy to snap a photo from today's location.
I, Jesse, live quite close, and plan to go for a walk, as well as getting my first actual successful achievement of the location. I should be there by around 2:30 PM.
- I could get closer, but the point is in the middle of the street so typing there is not a good idea. -- Stephen Cerruti @32.8499,-117.2732 09:53, 25 April 2012 (PDT)
Todd and I traded a few emails, but apparently he takes his Real Job™ seriously and will have to get here when he can. I on the other hand have successfully put off laundry for another two hours. I am going to hang out at the hash point and answer emails. On a difficulty scale this one is a minus two. I just drove here after I dropped my youngest at school. There was ample parking and it's a beautiful place to hang out, plus no rattlesnakes.
- I just realized that this is a tourist spot. As such I need to send at least one postcard. If you want a postcard, send me your address before I buy them. Otherwise I am sending one to relet. -- Stephen Cerruti @32.8497,-117.2740 10:47, 25 April 2012 (PDT)
- Yay! -- relet 13:54, 25 April 2012 (EDT)
- I just got back from a quick jaunt at today's location. It's so rarely on land let alone just a few blocks away from me. Weather is great so there are a lot of tourists around. I didn't see anybody else wandering around with a phone or GPSr like I was so I'm guessing I missed other GeoHashers today. Stephen, "Real Job™" is funny. Sorry I wasn't able to catch you down there. -- Mathgeek (Todd)
- I successfully walked from my house, over the mountain (on dirt roads, no less), and made it to the spot, only to find that I wasn't sure exactly where it was, due to not having a GPS device, or working internet. :-( I got there about 3:15 PM, and left around 4 PM. It was a good trip -- I got to see the Sunny Jim cave (which I hadn't done before), and learn more about my local area. And I found an awesome library, the Athenaeum. But I missed Stephen and Todd. Sigh. Next time. (Will add pictures later...) JesseW 20:32, 25 April 2012 (EDT)
- You got the correct spot in your picture, about dead center two steps off the far sidewalk into the street. You may want to check out the "No Batteries Geohash" achievement. -- Stephen
- And you're perfectly eligible for the walk geohash, too. It's perfectly valid to identify the spot using satellite images, or as in this case, have someone with a GPS confirm it. Or walk a larger circle around the place to make sure that wherever the spot may have been, you've been there, too. -- relet 04:15, 26 April 2012 (EDT)
- I just drove there before heading to class. I walked around and snapped a few photos on my phone.Finch
The exact spot is somewhere in this photo. @32.8499,-117.2730
| Is it true that JesseW earned the Walk geohash Achievement?