From Geo Hashing
|Waycross, Georgia||Brunswick, Georgia||Wassaw Sound, Georgia|
|Gainesville||Daytona Beach||New Smyrna Beach|
Today's Geohash: [Jacksonville, FL]
 Cities in this Graticule
- Jacksonville, FL
- Jacksonville Landing is a nice place to start to explore downtown Jacksonville. It starts you on the riverside with enough ferries to go where you want should you need to cross the river.
- The most developed areas are encompassed by I-295, which is a beltway. Jacksonville is further split by the St. John's River - the northern section within 295 is more urban, the rest of Jacksonville is more suburban to urban.
- I-10 terminates in Jacksonville, meaning you could drive from Santa Monica, CA to Jacksonville on the same highway. It creates an intersection with I-95. If you're passing through I-95 northbound, it can be a bit disorienting with the right mindset at the intersection. While it feels like you're about to merge with I-10, it's really an exit: stay left to stay on 95, stay right to exit onto 10. If you aren't thinking in terms of north/west, it's turning right to go left and left to go right.
- Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Definitely the rich part of town the further south you get, down to Ponte Vedra with all the tournament-caliber golf clubs like TPC Sawgrass. There's a great big undeveloped area sitting between Jacksonville and working southeast towards Ponte Vedra.
- Orange Park, FL
- Most GPS directions taking you southwest of Jacksonville will go through Orange Park and take you through exit 12 off 295 through Blanding Boulevard. Be aware that this place is generally filled with traffic and add time to your expedition accordingly. Alternatively, you can take I-95 south, get off at CR-210, then make your way towards FL-16 to bypass it all.
- Fruit Cove, FL
- Kingsland, GA
- St. Marys, GA
- Cumberland Island, GA
 Water Hazards in this Graticule
Atlantic Ocean St. Johns River Salt Marshes Sharks Alligators Velociraptors
 Meet-up Locations
Descending Order, feel free to add any dailies!
- 2013-12-15 : Geoff geohashes on a golf course.
- 2013-10-09 : Geoff and Erica geohash in the suburbs.
- 2013-09-30 : Geoff and Erica geohash at an apartment complex.
- 2013-07-10 : Geoff and Erica geohash at an old cemetery.
- 2013-06-08 : Geoff and Erica geohash at an interior designer's office.
- 2013-03-10 : Geoff and Erica visit a hash on their 1st hashiversary.
- 2013-03-09 : Geoff and Erica visit a geohash on Oakley St, in Jacksonville.
- 2013-02-14 : Geoff and Erica geohash on a baseball field.
- 2012-11-30 : Geoff and Erica successfully reach a hash point.
- 2012-11-14 : Geoff and Erica do a speed racer tron geohash.
- 2012-10-16 : Geoff and Erica get a Speed racer achievement
- 2012-08-12 : Geoff and Erica reach a hash at a horse ranch.
- 2012-06-07 : Geoff and Erica successfully reach a hashpoint.
- 2012-06-02 : Geoff and Erica hit No trespassing difficulties.
- 2012-05-21 : Geoff and Erica reach a hash on geohashing day.
- 2012-04-08 : Geoff and Erica get lost in the woods after reaching the hash.
- 2012-03-10 : Breaking a three year slump at TPC at Sawgrass with Geoff, Erica and Flactem!
- 2009-07-30 : Woodveil and Mr. Bow Tie succeed at a bicycle geohash.
- 2009-07-17 : Woodveil and Mr. Bow Tie reach an easy geohash.
- 2009-06-20 : Woodveil and Chris succeed at a walk-police-tron geohash.
- 2009-06-15 : Woodveil and Mr. Bow Tie succeed at a Tron achievement
- 2009-05-12: 30.457151°, -81.290171° : Why all my hashes got to be in teh Waterz!?
- 2009-02-28 : Woodveil will be in the Lake City graticule, at the hash in Osceola National Forest at 4:00.
- 2009-02-22 : Mr. Bow Tie will attempt at some time today.
- 2009-01-25 : Mr. Bow Tie will be attempting the hash around
noon11:00 AM. Update if you might make it.
- 2009-01-18 : Woodveil is in town for the weekend, and will be attempting the hash around 3:15 P.M. It appears to be near a dirt road, very close to 95. Please update if you plan to be there. Woodveil and Mr. Bow Tie failed.
- 2009-01-02 : Next day's foiled attempt in Orange PRK.
- 2009-01-01 : New Year's Day virgin graticule geohash by Woodveil. The hash was on the West side, by some railroad tracks.
- 2008-11-22: Alt. Loc SuggestedAnother View It costs like $3.50/person to get into the state park.
- 2008-07-05 30 -81: Through the woods Uhh... Wow... Right in the middle of the woods... MNIMB acheivement is possible... need to use the geojeep for this one maybe.
- 2008-06-28 30 -81: 30.66926053°, -81.43018395° Alternate Location! Not in the Atlantic Ocean, but near the high tide line on the beach.
 Notable Dates
- None Yet! Let's Get Finding Each other!
- July 5th - We should meet up and play with explosives! Who's all in?! (written by KhaosTheory)
- Have to change plans, will NOT be there :-( (slackfive)
- Perhaps this may have to wait another week... (KhaosTheory)
- I want to go. Anyone know if there's parking on those little streets? Lets make s'mores! (Scherzade)
 Local Geohashers
- Geoff and Erica are, to their December 2013-era knowledge, the only active geohashers in the area.
- Sopchoppy Just discovered this (August 2012) and will soon be using it as motorcycle trip fuel.
- slackfive will be there this weekend unless slacking.
- KhaosTheory lives in the wrong state now.
- Dorsai3d is...
- darknumchuck cannot make it this weekend and is very sad.
- scherzade plans on being there 7/5/08 unless something comes up.
- untrainedmonkey wishes she could drive and therefore go to meetups whenever she pleased, but as it is must wait until the coordinates are miraculously close to her location...
- Mr. Bow Tie from OP.
- Buck Just discovered this (September 2012) and will be keeping an eye on it.
|Woodveil earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
 Non-local Geohashers
- NWoodruff is only 5 hours away and would love a second chance at an official meetup. Maybe a 4pm Saturday meetup if I leave at 11am?