From Geo Hashing
(Redirected from 30,-81)
|Waycross, Georgia||Brunswick, Georgia||Wassaw Sound, Georgia|
|Gainesville||Daytona Beach||New Smyrna Beach|
Today's Geohash: [Jacksonville, FL]
 Cities in this Graticule
- Jacksonville, FL
- Jacksonville Landing is a nice place to start to explore downtown Jacksonville. It starts you on the riverside with enough ferries to go where you want should you need to cross the river.
- The most developed areas are encompassed by I-295, which is a beltway. Jacksonville is further split by the St. John's River - the northern section within 295 is more urban, the rest of Jacksonville is more suburban to urban.
- I-10 terminates in Jacksonville, meaning you could drive from Santa Monica, CA to Jacksonville on the same highway. It creates an intersection with I-95. If you're passing through I-95 northbound, it can be a bit disorienting with the right mindset at the intersection. While it feels like you're about to merge with I-10, it's really an exit: stay left to stay on 95, stay right to exit onto 10. If you aren't thinking in terms of north/west, it's turning right to go left and left to go right.
- Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Definitely the rich part of town the further south you get, down to Ponte Vedra with all the tournament-caliber golf clubs like TPC Sawgrass. There's a great big undeveloped area sitting between Jacksonville and working southeast towards Ponte Vedra.
- Orange Park, FL
- Most GPS directions going through Orange Park will take you through exit 12 off 295 through Blanding Boulevard. Be aware that this place is generally filled with traffic and add time to your expedition accordingly.
- Fruit Cove, FL
- Kingsland, GA
- St. Marys, GA
- Cumberland Island, GA
 Water Hazards in this Graticule
Atlantic Ocean St. Johns River Salt Marshes Sharks Alligators Velociraptors
 Meet-up Locations
Descending Order, feel free to add any dailies!
- 2012-03-10 : Breaking a three year slump at TPC at Sawgrass with Dr. Canadian Ninja!
- 2009-05-12: 30.457151°, -81.290171° : Why all my hashes got to be in teh Waterz!?
- 2009-02-28 : Woodveil will be in the Lake City graticule, at the hash in Osceola National Forest at 4:00.
- 2009-02-22 : Mr. Bow Tie will attempt at some time today.
- 2009-01-25 : Mr. Bow Tie will be attempting the hash around
noon11:00 AM. Update if you might make it.
- 2009-01-18 : Woodveil is in town for the weekend, and will be attempting the hash around 3:15 P.M. It appears to be near a dirt road, very close to 95. Please update if you plan to be there. Woodveil and Mr. Bow Tie failed.
- 2009-01-02 : Next day's foiled attempt in Orange PRK.
- 2009-01-01 : New Year's Day virgin graticule geohash by Woodveil. The hash was on the West side, by some railroad tracks.
- 2008-11-22 30 -81: Alt. Loc SuggestedAnother View It costs like $3.50/person to get into the state park.
- 2008-07-05 30 -81: Through the woods Uhh... Wow... Right in the middle of the woods... MNIMB acheivement is possible... need to use the geojeep for this one maybe.
- 2008-06-28 30 -81: 30.66926053°, -81.43018395° Alternate Location! Not in the Atlantic Ocean, but near the high tide line on the beach.
 Notable Dates
- None Yet! Let's Get Finding Each other!
- July 5th - We should meet up and play with explosives! Who's all in?! (written by KhaosTheory)
- Have to change plans, will NOT be there :-( (slackfive)
- Perhaps this may have to wait another week... (KhaosTheory)
- I want to go. Anyone know if there's parking on those little streets? Lets make s'mores! (Scherzade)
 Local Geohashers
- Sopchoppy Just discovered this (August 2012) and will soon be using it as motorcycle trip fuel.
- Dr. Canadian Ninja is, to his May 2012-era knowledge, the only active geohasher in the area.
- slackfive will be there this weekend unless slacking.
- KhaosTheory lives in the wrong state now.
- Dorsai3d is...
- darknumchuck cannot make it this weekend and is very sad.
- scherzade plans on being there 7/5/08 unless something comes up.
- untrainedmonkey wishes she could drive and therefore go to meetups whenever she pleased, but as it is must wait until the coordinates are miraculously close to her location...
- Mr. Bow Tie from OP.
- Buck Just discovered this (September 2012) and will be keeping an eye on it.
 Non-local Geohashers
- NWoodruff is only 5 hours away and would love a second chance at an official meetup. Maybe a 4pm Saturday meetup if I leave at 11am?