You've reached thepiguy, please leave a message after the beep. BEEP!
 Hurray, you're alive!
Glad to see you made it to Germany safely. While you were out I booked a flight to Germany for Geohashing Day, cancelled it ina frenzy of Lufthansa charges WHAT? for bicycles, and then went out on a crazy expedition. Vancouver misses you, but we're not wasting time pining for you. The last two Saturdays have had Vancouver expeditions in two different graticules! -Robyn 18:22, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- Can't wait to read about it! Glad to see your still having fun, although it does worry me that you seem to be getting more determined... Thepiguy 17:08, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Five write-ups done (another kayak hash today), and yes, I'm very determined. I go back to work in a couple of weeks and have to make sure I get all the geohashes I can before then. -Robyn 05:38, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
 Welcome in 30W-land!
Did you encounter some Internets and a bike in the meantime? I just wanted to drop a note, that we (three fellow geohashers and two well-initiated drag-alongs) will be in 49,8 (centered on Abtsteinach) during next week. Unfortunately, there's a good chance that we will be without the webs too. But if you happen to plan some hashing, do look west. And also ilpadre might know more about our plans. -- relet 21:38, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'll do my best! I don't think I'll get very far durring the week, but I'll see what I can do for the weekend! Thepiguy 17:08, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Welcome! In addition to my daily commute to Augsburg, there seems to be one more reason to start geohashing NW of München. Btw: Have you noticed that there's actually a nice bike brand in Germany called Victoria? (The 's hides the fact that I don't know if the company is still around) --Zb 20:39, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
If there's a good location near you, just let me know and I'll head out there! I want to meet everyone before I have to go back! Thepiguy 20:48, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
- Speaking of which, when are you going back? Once my exams are over it would be great to make a flying visit to Germany to meet a few hashers; things are a little more exciting there than they are here! :-) -- Benjw 17:28, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- We'll be in Germany until the end of December. That being said though, we'd be more than happy to come see you! In fact, I'll be doing it anyway! There are no immediate plans of course, but I will definitely be flying to England! Thepiguy 20:09, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
 Photo cats
You're copy-and-pasting the wrong categories onto your photos! -- Benjw 22:18, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
D'oh! Thanks for the heads up! Robyn? Where are you when I need you! Thepiguy 22:21, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- But even the wrong categories are better than none at all! -- Benjw 19:54, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, ok. I promise that when I get my internet set up I will go back and change all of the images I've uploaded. Thepiguy 19:59, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Just write them out once and cut-and-paste! Here -- [[Category:Meetup on 2009-05-10]] [[Category:Meetup in 49 9]] -- Benjw 20:08, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ha ha, what did he do? Call them all 49 -123? Pi, I told you I wasn't going to put categories on your photos anymore because You Should Know Better. -Robyn 06:09, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
 Yay latitude?
I'm impressed your latitude hasn't changed at all since the move. --joannac 00:26, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
I know! Isn't it great! I'll have to look up other cities on the 49th parallel in case I ever decide to move... Thepiguy 19:26, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
 2009-05-30, 2009-05-31, 2009-06-01
there are lots of accessible and interesting points in my surroundings tomorrow:
*Kempten graticule - in a forest in the Allgäu mountains, 15 km from a station reachable with the Baden-Württemberg-Ticket, probably accessible
- St. Gallen graticule - a few km outside of Überlingen, probably has a great view on the Lake Constance along the way
Those are probably not a good idea to go to. Reason: Due to ongoing planned track construction and necessary repairs after the thunderstorms of last wednesday, several railway lines in that area are closed down and others suffer from severe delays and missed connecting trains. Replacement buses do not carry bikes and take longer to get anywhere.
- Stuttgart graticule - in a forest at Stuttgart itself, 2 km from a tram stop (tram carries bikes)
Since there has been no reply yet, I take the plans on saturday as cancelled. --Ekorren 19:58, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
Sunday's points aren't as interesting as saturdays, but probably more reliable. I just posted a possible schedule to do 47,8 and 47,9 as a double hash on the 47,8 talk page. Needs a Baden-Württemberg-Ticket for all of us, a cheap single ticket for me to get to the meeting point, and a bike ticket for each of us. I might be doing that with a different schedule by myself if there won't be any meetup this weekend.
Monday is well-accessible in 48,8 and 48,9. I've been to the latter point before, I can go there by bike or train. A multihash on those two would also include many nice views. Didn't check timetables yet. Touristical guidance available, as I know a bit about that area. 48,10 bears a significant chance of inaccessibility.
In any case, I need a decision whether there will be a meetup, and where, during the day before as I want to have enough time to do some decent planning (like preparing maps, checking timetables, researching locations and caches along the way etc). A "yes" in the late evening of the day before the trip will generally be taken as "no". --Ekorren 19:58, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
 2009-06-11 49 9
Do you want to go? I have planned out two possible routes, about 25 km with 170+70 m uphill or 23 km with 130+40 m uphill (each a bit shorter for you). - Danatar 22:32, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
If you haven't left yet, I'd love to go! I'll be by my computer all day, drop me a line. Thepiguy 08:14, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
 Epic Graticule
Have you seen what's happening in Vancouver? I was afraid that I'd be lonely when you went to Germany. Now I'm afraid I'll be trampled at my next geohash. I wish every graticule was growing like this! -Robyn 03:01, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
Okely-dokely. I've updated the pages with a neutral font, and added an intro page. It's all the PDF's they want. The quote is 194.16 Euros for 14 pages (times 50, no less) including shipping to Germany. If you think you can handle the forms, just go to print24.de, select "kalender" in the first box, "14 Blätter" in the fourth, and press the big blue button. They will want to know an address and where to get your money next. ;) If you're unsure ask in the channel. There are always Germans around, aren't there? Or send me an email with any questions. The calendars should ship until December first, leaving three weeks to get them distributed to selected hashpoints all over the world. -- relet 19:07, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
 Globalhash sunday 2010-03-28
Hi Pi, the globalhash for sunday is in the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho graticule! Danatar 08:02, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
 Birthday Hash
What time do you want the Internet to be there? I have a little bit of leftover birthday cake, just enough! -Robyn 19:09, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
Are you planning on going for our hashiversary this Thursday? I'm up for it, so long as it's not too difficult. If so, we should start planning for possibilities. -Srs0 06:01, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
My plan was to head to the coordinates after work, unless you had a different plan? -- [[user:thepiguy]] 02:04, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
Sounds good to me. I get off work at 17:00 at UBC. I guess we'll form plans when we know them on Thursday. -04:18, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
Imma' hit up the retro hash on my way home from work. I'll probably be there around 16:45, I've got stuff to do this evening. -- [[user:thepiguy]] 13:44, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
Well, I'm still at work at that point. I may go later, but I guess not when you're there. Too bad. Enjoy the retro hash. -Srs0 14:10, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
 F1RST P0ST
Was that you, sneaking out during your bike ride? If not, who the heck was it? Who isn't accounted for? -Robyn 03:53, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
- I wasn't really trying to hide it. Although if I had know it was going to be this much fun... -- [[user:thepiguy]] 05:14, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, it just means the tally is wrong, because I made a tally mark for the First poster, and you made another one while you were there. I'll have to fix the record page. -Robyn 02:56, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Where have you got your awesome geohashing shirt from that even show your graticule on the front? Have you made it yourself? --Vswe 21:31, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
 Nomination for 2012 geohashing calendar
I really like this picture of you so I nominated it for the 2012 calendar. If this is not okay for you, please just remove it from the Nomination Gallery! :) --HiroProtagonist 19:07, 26 January 2011 (EST)
Do you have a high-resolution original? If so, please upload. --Juventas 22:10, 25 February 2011 (EST)
You want a high-res picture of me hanging off of monkey bars? -- [[user:thepiguy]] 02:10, 26 February 2011 (EST)
- You're a popular guy. My mistake actually. I meant your December win. Also, did you ever check with Jafo if he's ok with being published in print and hung on our walls? --Juventas 16:01, 26 February 2011 (EST)
- December? Win? -- [[user:thepiguy]] 00:52, 27 February 2011 (EST)