I'm Janila from Berlin, Germany and have been a reader of xkcd for quite a while but just happened to stumble over geohashing July 2009. I'm a Math student at Humboldt university, and and don't have much time for geohashing during the semester :(
At the moment, I'm in Canada in the Toronto graticule for an exchange year at the University of Toronto till June 2011.
Bout the Nick
No, I don't just deem myself awfully important and heroic (well, only sometimes ^^) - I just think Neal Stephenson is a really great author
- janila.de - pretty offline at the moment
- ICQ: 339807807
MSN, AIM, YIM and Skype also available, just ask! :)
And, yes, I have a face
Get geohashes in Toronto!!
Interesting Retro Hashes in Berlin:
Ribbons I'ld love to have and'll try to get
Geohashers met (9) and Drag alongs (11)
Achievements and Statistics
Only first achievement listed, except in the peoples section
| ...reaching the hash:
| ...on land:
| ...by public transport:
| ...on foot:
| ...by bicycle:
| ...by car:
| ...without GPS:
| ...at midnight:
|| 3 (at 0.00: 1)
Fun and Stuff
| This user earned the Reverse GeoTrash Achievement
- by removing trash from a landfill and placing it back in a wheely bin during the (52, 13) geohash on 2009-09-15.
| Me and JUB earned the (subjective) Frozen Geohash
- by stumbling through icy water without a thermometer on the way to the (52, 13) geohash on 2009-12-14.
| Hiro, jub and Kolja earned the Time anomaly achievement
- by finding out that time passes slower in Brandenburg than in Berlin at the (52, 13) geohash on 2010-02-09.
| This user earned the Didn't Bother consolation prize
- by planning, and then abandoning the honourable quest to visit the (52, 13) geohash on 2010-02-10.