I'm Ben, a native of Providence, Rhode Island, and most of my hashes are in that area. I have freqented the Providence graticule, but I sometimes hit up the Boston graticule (when the hash is southerly enough).
During the school year, I reside in sunny Claremont, California, in the San Bernardino graticule. While I'm generally much busier on the West Coast, and the lay of the land is not very conducive to it, the occasional geohashing attempt may be made.
Geohashes I've Done
- 2008-05-31_42_-71 I'm in a black shirt with a navy hoodie tied around my waist.
- 2008-06-03_41_-71 No GPS proof, so you'll have to take my word for it.
- 2008-06-05_42_-71 Only a brief stay, as it was private property; we also explored a nearby State Park.
- 2008-06-08_42_-71 Poking around in the woods.
- 2008-07-09_41_-71 Backwater town, country road.
- 2008-07-12_41_-71 A beautiful view of Narragansett Bay in Pourtsmouth.
- 2008-07-15_41_-71 To Smithfield by bike. I didn't reach the hash site, but plenty of exploration nonetheless.
- 2008-12-14_34_-117 No pictures, wrong day, but I'm putting it up anyway.
- 2009-06-28_38_-77 A new graticule, and poor documentation.
Achievements I've Achieved
- Land Geohash, achieved at 2008-05-31_42_-71.
- Meet-Up, achieved at 2008-05-31_42_-71.
- First Geohasher, achieved at 2008-05-31_42_-71.
- Bicycle Geohash, achieved at 2008-06-03_41_-71.
- Public Transport Geohash, achieved at 2008-06-08_42_-71.
- The It's a Kitty! consolation prize, achieved at 2008-07-15_41_-71.
- The No Tresspassing consolation prize, achieved at 2009-06-28_38_-77.