From Geo Hashing
All locations: 0.501784229045, 0.114370840919
- 2008-06-07 Champaign/Urbana, Illinois - Brett made it to the coordinates after an easy drive north from Champaign. He expected to meet other geohashers, but none showed up. He left a flag marking the spot.
- 2008-06-07 Edmonton Alberta, Canada - 2 Groups met up at the geohash which landed in the back yard of a private acreage
- 2008-06-07 Kiev, Ukraine in a forestlet between two fields not far from Mriya (The Dream) resort. grep was here ;)
- 2008-06-07 Eindhoven, Netherlands in farmland south of Tilburg. Reached by Paul
- 2008-06-07 Gelsenkirchen, NRW, Germany - On a football field very close to Gelsenkirchen railway station. Kliment and TinoM will be there. Food will be available.
- 2008-06-07 Malmö, Sweden - It's near road 101 on the opposite side from Vellinge golf club.
- 2008-06-07 Santa Barbara - Wilderness near Ojai. Jareds will probably be there. UPDATE: He's incompetent. He thought he could get within 2 miles of the coordinates via "Sisar Rd", but it turns into an unpaved road/trail that is soon blocked by a gate, which is just as well since it goes through a creek. This was 8 miles from the point he intended to leave the "road" following the "road" itself, though only four miles as the crow flies, but he is not a crow. He had enough to drink to continue on foot, but turned back at 5pm since he was way late and wouldn't be able to reach the coordinates and return to his car until after dark but he had no flashlight. Some cyclists passed him on the trail, but he was solving a Rubik's cube and believes they would have stopped if they were xkcd readers.
- 2008-06-07 Los Angeles - Between Acton and Palmdale. Four folks from three groups showed up. Found a snake.
- 2008-06-07 Santa Ana - Temecula Valley High School Soccer Field. Wine tasting anyone?
- 2008-06-07 San Bernardino - Desert near Apple Valley. Successfully reached by far_call.
- 2008-06-07 Washington DC, West - In a wooded area west of La Plata, Maryland. Successfully reached by Ciel
- 2008-06-07 London West, United Kingdom - Between platforms 13 and 14 of Waterloo Station. Krunch was there (first time). Overall, about 14 people turned up, including a a three year old boy. One of them brought the game "Ticket to Ride" in a strangely copious briefcase which was then played amongst the trains.
- 2008-06-07 Boston, Massachusetts - On route 95 South, directly underneath the exit 37A 1/4 mile sign. 12 or so people met in a nearby park, drove past the hash at about 40 MPH in a caravan, then returned to the park for frisbee, Blokus, and Fluxx.
- 2008-06-07 Vienna, Austria - Somewhere in a field.
- 2008-06-07 Baltimore, Maryland Coordinates located on a lovely beach at a Rehabilitation Clinic in Havre De Grace, MD. Will be attempting to reach if not stopped by strung-out indigenous inhabitants.
- 2008-06-07 Clearfield, Utah - Almost reached by Kaldric. Got about 185 yards from site, decided not to trespass.
- 2008-06-07 Linköping, Sweden - Southeast of Motala. Effbot found a towel at the target location, and almost got caught by the police on the way back (don't ask ;-).
- 2008-06-07 Omaha, NE (west) - Inside of a fenced field near a road northwest of Fort Calhoun.
- 2008-06-07 Spokane, WA - The problem with the west coast is highly uneven density - but Hwy 27 is a nice drive anyways.
- 2008-06-07 Ottawa, ON - Three of us spent about ten minutes in a bug-infested forest vaguely close to the coordinates, then went and had a picnic somewhere else. Successful outing!
- 2008-06-07 Denton, Texas - My fiancée, her dog, and I trekked through a thick forest to land on the exact coordinates and had a picnic, getting lost in the woods on the way back to the car. Reached by Smegs.
- 2008-06-07 Seattle, WA - Geohash was located in the back yard of a private property, but the accommodating owner agreed to allow a picnic. Successful outing with Twister!
- 2008-06-07 Grand Rapids, MI - Approximate location was sighted from the road by smq and girlfriend. No one else appeared to be around.
- 2008-06-07 Detroit, MI - Right in someone's driveway. Meetup was maybe 80 feet north in a nice shaded area by a sidewalk.
- 2008-06-07 Nashville, TN - Kurochi and his girlfriend drove a couple of hours with BBQ to tihs remote farm in the hills, didn't see anyone XKCD-esque but the food was delicious!
- 2008-06-07 Reno, Nevada - Paveman followed a bumpy, rocky utility road to the middle of the desert. Although he brought coffee and sandwich fixings, no other hashers were present.
- 2008-06-07 Tallahassee, Florida - Brian, James, James, and John ventured to the geohash spot, met equine and canine friends, went velociraptor hunting, then enjoyed some refreshment and gameplay at a nearby cafe.
- 2008-06-07 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Psychopez, MikeH and friend in town from Albany, NY, and Kelly M and Emily met in the parking lot of a nursing home at the Pittsburgh West geohash. The location was behind the building, in the woods, and we had insufficient permissions to venture to the exact spot. Asked a nurse walking to her car to take picture of 5 people who met at a location because the internets told them to.
- 2008-06-07 Atlanta, Georgia - ElSupreme decided to attempt the longest bicycle geohash, about 45 miles through the center of Atlanta to the location. It was well over 95 degrees the entire way, and only made it about 15 miles back before starting to suffer from Hyperthermia, then called in a rescue ride home.
- 2008-06-07 San Francisco, CA - Zigdon and Cwolves got withing 700m of this water geohash by managing to get on an abandoned pier.
- 2008-06-07 Canberra, Australia - Failed to reach the hash due to it being at the bottom of a cliff.
- 2008-06-07 Houston, TX - Tradiuz and SmartGirl83 drove out there, and spent some time at the nearby Fry's Electronics beforehand.
- 2008-06-07 Waco, TX - elenaran and GreyGndalf hiked out to the middle of a cornfield in search of other geohashers.
- 2008-06-07 55 12 - Spotted by SolidHydrogen near Højelse, Denmark, but not reached as it was in a private cow barn.
 Photo Gallery
Expeditions and Plans
|Canberra, Australia||Psud, Nemo, Joanna||Joanna, Nemo, Llandorin, Helen, Psud, and the tamagotchis Helen and Ahaly m...|
|Houston, Texas||SmartGirl83||The Houston location for June 7th, 2008 is on I-45, just south of FM 518, i...|
|Tallahassee, Florida||James, Brian||Raptor Alert! Four brave citizens of Tallahassee ventured into the unknown...|
|Waco, Texas||myself, GreyGndalf||Located East of Loop 340 in Waco, TX. this hash GPS: (31.501784N, 97.11...|
|Atlanta, Georgia||ElSupreme||Route] on my bicycle. I started out about 1:30 and arrived at t...|
|Denton, Texas||Erik||This hash is located East of I35 near Valley View, TX. GPS: (33.501784N, 9...|
|San Bernardino, California||Martin, Chris, far call||was in the desert near Apple Valley. Not too far from the road and easy to...|
|Los Angeles, California||Daniel, IlyaHaykinson||Somewhere|
|Santa Barbara, California||jareds||Wilderness near Ojai.|
|Nashville, Tennessee||kurochi||This meetup location was located in the Nashville, Tennessee graticule on 2008-06-07 in the rural area no...|
|San Jose, California||Ted||Somewhere|
|San Francisco, California||Zigdon, Cwolves||Zigdon and Cwolves met at the western end of the bridge, scaled a razorwire...|
|Sacramento, California||Someone went||Somewhere|
|Washington (West), District of Columbia||Ciel||The point was in the woods near an abandoned house in Maryland, due south o...|
|Reno, Nevada||Paveman||Coordinate map The meetup was located on Bureau of Land Management land. ...|
|Baltimore, Maryland||Zak||The coordinates are at the very edge of the beach next to what appears to b...|
|Cincinnati, Ohio||m5rammy, agamaed, lisa165., zircon, icehawk78, slytherinmarie also showed up b||This meetup location was located in the Cincinnati, Ohio graticule on 2008-05-31 on the Holly Hills Golf Course...|
|Denver (NW), Colorado||Rich, matt, michael||40.037487°, -105.281267°Geohashers that made it: (4 total) ::I only have on...|
|Allentown, Pennsylvania||Zack||The point was directly in the middle of a small farm road near Ottsville, P...|
|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||Psychopez, Mike H||The first successful Pittsburgh meet-up in which people who didn't know eac...|
|Champaign/Urbana, Illinois||Brett||Brett made it to the coordinates after an easy drive north from Champaign....|
|Clearfield, Utah||Kaldric||Kaldric got about 185 yards from this site. The actual site is in the midd...|
|Chicago, Illinois||Someone went||7200 Archer Rd, Justice, IL 60458; The westernmost pond in Resurrection Cem...|
|Omaha, Nebraska||Matt||Matt and Kate arrived right at 4:00pm. Had to drive by and turn around to f...|
|Boston, Massachusetts||Matt, Adam, Ben, CA, Geekthras, Bake, Keith, hendusoone, Dan, Randall, Pinecone||About42.501784N%2C%2071.114371W This hash] is located in the Boston, MA graticule in Reading, M...|
|Ithaca, New York||R0d3n7z||R0d3n7z and two others made it to the spot. Youtube video|
|Buffalo, New York||Bunsen||Farm field in Mills Mills, just off Wiscoy-Mills Rd. Coordinates: (42.50178...|
|Detroit, Michigan||Someone went||Somewhere|
|Grand Rapids, Michigan||Smq||The Grand Rapids coordinates are on Guy road between Battle Creek and Charl...|
|Portland, Oregon||Zac, Jessica||Location * Jessica * ZacExpeditions Jessica: The location seems to be sl...|
|Ottawa, Ontario||Someone went||Supplies: 1 camera, 1 tripod, 1 family bucket of KFC, a baseball and some f...|
|Seattle, Washington||SparroHawc, MarcyLaV, son, dirk, Thomcat||This hash is located south in Renton, not far off highway 900 and the May V...|
|Vancouver, British Columbia||Someone went||This was my first attempt at a Saturday hash. I had planned a long and chal...|
|Kiev, Ukraine||grep||grep has reached the checkpoint at 15:55 EET. It seems to be the first geo...|
|London West, United Kingdom||Someone went||We met between platforms 13 and 14 in London's busy Waterloo Station. There...|
|London East, United Kingdom||myself||Work in progress. There were people here this day, myself and my other hal...|
|Eindhoven, Netherlands||User:Paul||A field in Eindhoven|
|Dortmund, Germany||Tino, proof is in, update from the side of the fie||On a football field! Let's see if we interrupt a game, if not see you ON th...|
|Cambridge, United Kingdom||Granularman||This week's location was in a field just off Manea Road (B1093) near March....|
|Edmonton, Alberta||matt, group 2:||53.501784°, -113.114371°|
|København, Denmark||SolidHydrogen||This one was in the middle of a cow barn outside of Højelse near Ølby. I to...|
|Malmö, Sweden||HannesL||Second ever meetup in the Malmö graticule was near road 101 outside Arrie, ...|
|Linköping, Sweden||Effbot||Yet another geohashing/icecream expedition. today's target is southeast of ...|
Update this list.