|Tel-Aviv (Goosh Dan)||Haifa East||Az Zarqā', Jordan|
|Mitzpe Ramon||Aţ Ţafīlah, Jordan||Al Jafr, Jordan|
Today's Location: [Jerusalem, Israel]
The graticule (31,35) contains Jerusalem, much of the southern West Bank, the Dead Sea, and some of Jordan (including the capital, Amman).
Due to the political situation in the Middle East, it may be difficult to travel between these areas to reach geohashes. Therefore, neighbouring graticules or the alternative Israel graticule could be a good fallback option, if their hash locations are more reachable. See the Israel graticule for more information.
On the other hand, the inclusion of the Dead Sea (being the lowest point on Earth) in this graticule means that it is the home of the Low Geohash achievement.
Boating on the Dead Sea
It will be important for geohashers to try and figure out how to take a boat on the Dead Sea. This is a serious challenge for several reasons. In practice it is not done. It is a military area because it is on the border between Israel and Jordan. The area is considered dangerous because of sink-holes. Nonetheless, there is a point in the Dead Sea on average at least once a month which would be a major success.
- July 28th 2008 - Alternative location cheat. Um, yay?
- December 29th 2013 - Omri and Lilac walk from Motsa to Beit Zait, arriving the the garticule's first successful hash.
- July 10th 2017 - Yosef was blocked from entering a construction site next to Beitar Ilit
- July 25th 2017 - Yosef was in a forest near Nebi Samuel, Binyamin, Israel.
- July 27th 2017 - Yosef and his wife were in a forest on Har HaRuach near Nataf, Israel
- September 14th 2017 - Yosef arrived at a low point of -337 meters near Beit Hoglah, Jordan Valley, Israel
- 2017-10-16 31 35 - Yosef failed to arrive at a hash near the Abdullah bridge in Israel. No trespassing.
- 2017-10-24 31 35 - Yosef geohashed in the desert near Kalya, Megilot, Israel at 348 meters below sea level. Lowest geohash ever.
- 2017-11-15 31 35 - Yosef was in a rocky field with trees south of Nili, Binyamin, Israel
- 2017-11-28 31 35 - Yosef was on a terraced farm near Sde Boaz, Gush Etzion, Israel
- Lady Pennywhistle lives in French Hill, Jerusalem
- Yerushalmi and his wife
- Rachel has most weekends off and wont mind going to a random place.
- Adam is a soldier and is new to geoashing.
- Yosef is the King of Israeli geohashing until someone stops him.
- The Jerusalem graticule is 12306 km^2 in area. -- Calculation: cos(31.5)*111.13^2
- The city of Jerusalem has an area of 125.1 km^2.
- On average every 98 days there will be a hashpoint in the city of Jerusalem.
- The area of the Dead Sea is 605 km^2. Of that 15 km^2 is not in the Jerusalem graticule.
- There is a point in the Dead Sea on average every 20.3 days.
- The lowest point on Earth is in the Dead Sea at 415 meters below sea level
- The Sea of Galilee (Haifa East) is 212 meters below sea level.
- The Jordan River flows down from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea so that all of that area is also below sea level.
- Greater Amman, Jordan is 1680 km^2 and is in both the Jerusalem and Haifa East graticules.