Snail Spelling
Oh you made me realize that I missed a beautiful opportunity. I should have arranged them, videoed them all leaving, and then posted the video *running backwards!* It would have looked like they crawled from all over to join the meet up. I should post my pictures in reverse order.
Thanks for the ribbon.
 Looking for AC members
 Categorization Scheme
Re: Minor categories, I haven't found anything yet, but I am still learning my way around MediaWiki. --Thomcat 17:19, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
Jevanyn, I moved the discussion from my user page to Category_talk:North_America
 Re:AC Graticule
My laptop just bailed on me and it's going to be a while before I can get a new one. I can't reliably get online in the morning, especially on weekends as a result. Maybe in a month or so if you still haven't got anyone.--184.108.40.206 16:29, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
 Re: Airport Alert
I totally appreciate the alert, but no, I'm not working out there this week. Because I fly for work, I rarely have opportunity to choose where and when I will land somewhere, but someday I'm going to get an airport geohash.
And ferries: not all ferries are public transit, many are private ventures. Plus they would only count for a water hash if the point was in the water, on the ferry route. Not just if you were on the way.
 Re: ribbons
! *Gasp* ! I love you! I wanted to make one for myself but was then too lazy and forgot about it and my laptop died. And you *also* gave me an honorable Cubicle Hash mention!! If I, being in Philadelphia next weekend, make it out to a geohash around you watch out for a nice box of chocolates coming your way :). Thanks!
I don't think your templates will work with all of the possible parameters name=User:X name=X and name=[[User:X]]. Also, if any extra requirements are mandatory for that parameter, it should be documented. As for me, I'd prefer the templates to show without any name parameter on my user page, and still be listed in the category Pirates. Happy hacking! :] -- relet 20:01, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, I don't mind generally if you change my user page. I just wanted to point out that the template does not work the way you'd want it. To further complicate things, I would suggest that the users are added to the category with the correct indexing. I.e. use [[Category:Pirates|Jevanyn]] instead of just [[Category:Pirates]] which sorts all User: pages under "U". And you might want to merge the Categories Category:Pirates and Category:Water geohash achievement which are largely identical. -- relet 10:57, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yay. Looking good now. -- relet 15:18, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
 Re: January 16th
I can't make the one on the 17th, but possibly the 16th. About what time are you looking to go?
 Broken redirects
Hey Jevanyn, the 2 redirects you tagged for deletion are actually valid pages (ie, the grats are not in the sea) that are named correctly. Just that the named grat page hasn't been created yet. Please don't tag them for deletion. --joannac 20:09, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
 Quotes page
Either you're being prophetic (and I *will* hold you to making a 2009-09-05 hash, even if it's halfway down a cliff), or the date's wrong. I can't find the word "voices" anywhere on the wiki either, so not sure what the quote is from. --joannac 21:30, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
 re: 2/20/2009: Paramus, NJ
Thanks for the heads up. I was actually heading out there when I saw your msg. I don't have a car tomorrow so I can't hit up the Mars plant, but I think I'm going to take the subway up to the Bronx and hash that point instead -- Brandon 05:09, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
 Police geohash
Can I delete this? What was it for? --joannac 01:30, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
 Cape May, 2009-06-05
...is on land, on the beach! Quite far from Newark, but I had to tell you anyway - Danatar 18:41, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
 Forgive me
Joannac came into chat with the link and your request saying "Is this a valid reason for deletion? I think we should make it his profile picture." I couldn't resist. I hope it gave you a laugh before you removed it in horror. -Robyn 14:27, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- Forgive me too. But you know uploading a dorky pic, and then calling attention to its dorkiness, was always going to end badly for you... ;) i'll delete it now. --joannac 21:10, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
Did you go to this location that you said was an almost Cubicle Geohash or just ask if it counted? If the former, can you please write an expedition report for it, or give me some details so I can? Let me know either way, please. -Robyn 18:08, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- No, I didn't make an expedition out of it. My impression at the time was, you got a ribbon if it was close to you, you didn't have to go. Technically, I retrohashed it in May when I made my bicycle geohash since I must have gone past the place -- Jevanyn 17:47, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. Now I can fix the redlinks in the archives. -Robyn 18:34, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
 Page Layout
Do you mind if I steal parts of your expedition layout for my own talk page? --Alexander help I'm trapped in a username database 21:44, 2 March 2012 (EST)
 What's this "Peggy" thing about?
- It's related to the current spam issue. Peggy is a character in a commercial similar to the "people" creating accounts here for the purpose of spamming us. BTW, you're not logged in :-) -- Jevanyn 11:53, 26 September 2011 (EDT)
 GPS Walkabout
What was the weather like for your expedition on 2012-01-21 40 -74? I have noticed the GPS walkabout you described during windy weather with big clouds which act like lenses for the satellite signals. It also seems to happen when there are layers of air at different temperatures like a weather front or a sea breeze. In this case the air acts like a giant prism. I have mentioned this strange effect on my expedition of 2011-05-21 52 1. Sourcerer 11:51, 23 January 2012 (EST)
 Thank You
I missed some comments on my expeditions. I loved the "laundry day" achievement! Wish it was real. The real reason for my change of clothes between acts is to immortalize those obscure bands. Take care! --Cjk 18:09, 19 February 2012 (EST)
 Sorry for editing your userpage
Simply intended to pull the code for the ASG tag off of your profile, but made the changes to your profile instead of mine. Sorry 'bout that. Hezekiah 22:56, 16 March 2012 (EDT)
Saw your note on coming down next month, I'll have to really make the effort to hash that week! - DrCanadianNinja 12:49, 13 July 2012 (EDT)