Category:Addicted to geohashing
From Geo Hashing
What does it mean to be addicted to geohashing?
- The best thing about Friday is that you get the coordinates of three geohashes at once.
- If you found a way to know the future of the Dow Jones Index you would check out future geohashes before finding out how to get rich.
- One geohash isn't enough for you anymore, you start wanting more and more.
- Your non-geohashing friends never see you anymore.
- You are late for work or leave early in order to go geohashng.
- Extreme geohashing expeditions affet the quality of your work.
- You plan your day around finding out where the new geohash is.
- When the stock market plunges you wonder how it will affect today's geohash before you wonder about your investments.
- You wonder if you need to rewrite your Perl implementation, in case the Dow drops below 7,000.
- When the Peeron page says "Market data is not available for 2008-09-18" and you say "Yes it is!" out loud.
- You are regularly the first person (not spam bot) to edit a wiki page after the Dow opens.
- You beat the bots there, you are just that good.
- The status line of your editor shows the cursor position like "70, 31" and you wonder how to get there in time.
- You look up particularly difficult coordinates several times over the course of the day in the hope that they will magically have morphed into a set that are easier to get to.
- Every time you hear the Arcade Fire song 'No', you wonder whether you could get to the place that no ships go to be the first to get a water hash there.
- You have a shopping list that looks like this:
- orange flags
- RC Plane or Boat
- duct tape
- 10 metre telescopic pole
- pirate costume
- English/Squamish dictionary (Especially if you live nowhere near Canada)
- Twister game
- Having panic attacks every morning hoping that the geohash point for your graticule for that day does not land in a no-trespassing area or an inaccessible area and are afraid that your string of Consecutive Geohashes might come to an end.
- You have ever telephoned a helicopter charter company in Idaho.
- Twenty-one out of the last twenty-five wiki edits are by you. Even when you include the bots.
- You show OCD symptoms by obsessively re-checking a rival graticule page to see if they are beating you in the race for the prize, such as most-active-graticule.
- You get sleep deprivation hang-overs from night time hashing.
- In a calendar month, you go on more expeditions than the sum of all the other geohashers' expeditions in the entire world. There ought to be a ribbon for this!
- You have set an alarm which sounds just as the DJIA is published.
- You check for virgin graticules before booking a break or holiday destination.
- You walk every street in your district, recording a track log, so in the future you can prove a Déjà vu geohash.
¹On weekends, the phases Boredom, Excitement, Planning jointly form the Epic Boredom.
Pages in category "Addicted to geohashing"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.