2009-05-29 52 13
 Expedition (relet)
So yeah, it was not quite the Migration this time. After finding out that most of the people I had alerted were away for the weekend or on business travel, the elation subsided. And that to a degree that I was still slacking about at home at the designated meetup time, searching for stuff (I am ever more amazed at the perseverance with which I manage to misplace my GPS. Not like I wouldn't use it daily as a phone, if I hadn't misplaced it) and waiting for lyx to return so that at least we could go hashing together.
Oh, wait - lyx? Hadn't I told her about the plans? That was when the phone rang. "Hey! Where are you?!" - She had been waiting for an hour at the hash, with not even me showing up. *gulp* I quickly gathered all the hashing related items I had found by now and mounted my bike. Maybe fifteen minutes later, I found her waiting on the bench near the hash.
We took a different way back, earning me the Tron Soon-to-be-an-Achievement.
The batteries died on our tracklogger, and it was not recorded. But here is the path I took.
| lyx and relet earned the Pub Geohash Achievement
|lyx and relet earned the Hash collision honorable mention|
| lyx and relet earned the Phonebooth stuffing achievement
| lyx earned the Earliest geohasher achievement
| relet earned the Latest geohasher achievement
| lyx and relet earned the Police Geohash Achievement
| relet earned the Tron achievement
The hash is -RIGHT- in the center of Berlin, on Tilla Durieux Park off Potsdamer Platz. This might be an unique chance to possibly gain:
- Hashcard achievements
- Underground achievements (Tiergarten tunnel rail tracks)
- Hash collision (One traditional, one possible multi in range)
- Migration (How do we get 50 people together? Free drinks? Slackline?)
- Tron achievement
- Walking / Cycling / whatever you need
- Twister geohash (the ground is only slightly tilted)
- If these pink boxes are what they seem, we might get a Phonebooth stuffing achievement. Update: confirmed using maps.live.com birds eye view.
- Pubs are close. I can recommend the Caroshi Bar, of course within line of sight from the hash. :)
Suggested plenary time: 6pm! (any comments?)
- Bring Games! Twister, Frisbee, ...
- Collective karoshi at quarter to 8pm with happy hour cocktails @ http://www.caroshi.info/