It completely encloses the cities of Berlin and Potsdam. It extends as far as Zehdenick and Joachimsthal to the north, Luckenwalde to the south, Storkow and Falkenberg to the east and Potsdam to the west. It also contains a part of the Spreewald and some nice lakes, and a lot of arable land, particularly in Brandenburg.
Local and visiting geohashers are recommended to join the Facebook group so we can easily notify each other of interesting hashes.
New hashes are announced at 15:30 local time on the previous day, and on Friday for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
If you actually plan to visit a hash, please create the appropriate wiki page. Others[tm] might be more likely to join in. Subscribe to the RSS or ATOM feeds to be notified of any changes made to this page.
There is a global hash only 220 km away in Poland on Monday: 2017-10-16 global
||43, -79 till June 11||recent activity||Active - Regular||No||Yes||No|
|davidc||Neukoelln||recent activity||Active - Occasional||Yes||No||No|
|Kattapa||Neukoelln||recent activity||Active - Occasional||No||Yes||No|
|Phoenix||Spandau||recent activity||Active - Occasional||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hessophanes||Charlottenburg||recent activity||Active - Occasional||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|pari||?||recent activity||Active - Occasional||Yes||Yes||No|
|lyx||Moabit||recent activity||Active - Occasional||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|plypkie||Friedrichshain||recent activity||Active - Occasional||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Amuzulo||Mitte||recent activity||Active - Occasional||Yes||No||No||No|
|relet||60,10||recent activity||Occasional||Yes||No||On demand|
|Syphonophorae||Friedrichshain||recent activity||Active||Not yet||Yes||No|
|JonWon||Biesdorf||recent activity||Active - Occasional||Yes||Yes||Moped||on-demand-construction|
|Fenmar||Grunewald||recent activity||Active - Occasional||Yes||Yes||No||No|
* Area you live in. Feel free to write "-" here if you'd rather not say!
- Mampfred has been in the area and was going for 2012-08-11 52 13. - Mampfred 11:55, 10 August 2012 (EDT)
According to Land usage, the chance for your hash to fall into one of the following areas is:
37.03% Forests 29.14% Fields 11.23% Natural reserves 9.19% Roads 6.84% Settlements 3.84% Highways 2.12% Water 0.62% Industrial
According to Public transport probability, using OpenStreetMap data, there is a 27.58% chance of the hash landing within 2km of a train station, or 47.45% chance of it landing within 2km of a train or bus stop.
Increasing the search to a 5km radius, there's a 68.63% chance of it landing within 5km of a train station, or 81.61% chance of it landing within 5km of a train or bus stop.
Basically, this means that when being out there, you should go and map those thousands of missing bus stops.
|This graticule earned the We're Better Than You achievement|
|Berlin, Germany earned the Largest geohash achievement|
| The Berlin, Germany graticule (52 13) earned the Mostly Active Graticule achievement
|Eik and Thilo earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
sorted by date of actual expedition, latest first
- June 13th 2017 - In a field in Klein Eichholz
- June 12th 2017 - Next to a horse ranch near Bernau
- June 11th 2017 - Next to a forest track just outside Borgsdorf
- June 10th 2017 - In a field near Woltersdorf
- March 28th 2017 - On a street near the Trade Fair Center Berlin
- April 30th 2016 - Field at the northern border of Berlin / Brandenburg
- April 29th 2016 - Street in Wilmersdorf
- April 3rd 2016 - Forest in Grunewald
- July 22nd 2015 - Protestant parish in Prenzlauer Berg
- May 20th 2014 - Fenmar visited a hash in a natural preserve south of Potsdam
- May 10th 2014 - Near the Hufenweg in Berlin-Bohnsdorf
- January 19th 2014 - In a forest of-Berlin Dahlem
- January 18th 2014 - At a causeway south of Potsdam
- November 2nd 2013 - Church grounds in Grüntal
- October 30th 2013 - In a field in Stahnsdorf
- July 8th 2013 - Heerstraße at Spandau
- June 30th 2013 - In a field near Ludwigsfelde
- June 16th 2013 - On a path in Berlin Tiergarten
- June 14th 2013 - Rialgar and Fenmar visited their first hash near the Berliner Ring.
- June 30th 2012 - Kattapa visited lakes and forests south of Königs Wusterhausen.
- June 23th 2012 - Lyx visited garden plots near Erkner.
- May 7th 2012 - Kattapa visited a field near Bärenklau.
- April 28th 2012 - Puppets in the Grunewald.
- April 21th 2012 - Forest south of Löwenberg.
- December 31st 2011 - Railtrack near Angermünde.
- December 29th 2011 - TheOneRing visited a parking lot in Kreuzberg
- November 14th 2010 - lyx, relet, amuzulo and plypkie go to an empty field near Seeburg, southwest of Spandau
- October 24th 2010 - Some forest northwest of Oranienburg
- September 30th 2010 - A parklot in northern Marzahn.
- June 6th 2010 - Feuerbachstraße, Steglitz
- June 5th 2010 - Lindenthaler Allee, Zehlendorf
- May 21st 2010 - davidc celebrates Geohashing Day in a field near Baruth (Mark)
- May 13th 2010 - By the water right next to S-Ostkreuz.
- May 12th 2010 - In a traffic island right by Alexanderplatz!
- April 24th 2010 - Four on a midnight-circus-no batteries-animal coffin potato honourable mention-geohash
- April 19th 2010 - Hiro and Hessophanes fail to reach the hash but find many crane components instead.
- March 24th 2010 - syphonophorae visits the spot in the area of allotments.
- March 20th 2010 - davidc visits the a graveyard on a flightpath in Reineckendorf.
- March 14th 2010 - davidc celebrates a snowy Pi-day.
- March 4th 2010 - Phoenix and relet visit a garden colony in Potsdam, missing Benpicco.
- February 16th 2010 - relet, Jub and JP visit a hash and hardly make it back home
- February 9th 2010 - Hiro, Jub and Kolja discover a time anomaly at the Berlin-Brandenburg border
- February 3rd 2010 - Hiro and two drag-alongs rush to reach the hash in Stahnsdorf just before midnight
- January 20th 2010 - Hiro, JUB, Hessophanes and relet at the scene of a heinous murder.
- January 12th 2010 - Phoenix, lyx and relet build a snowman in Birkenwerder.