Coordinates at amipsychic.net
Sorry about that! There was a failure of my ISP. Then I upgraded the software on my server, which broke the scripting behind the geohashing data page. It's fixed, and the site is up again now. http://www.amipsychic.net/geohashing.html --Psud 03:24, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
- Also had a timezone/daylight savings issue which prevented updates for pretty much all of Nov 2008. Fixed and holes are patched. --Psud 12:00, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing out the hole in the W30 data - the result of a manual fix in March. Now fixed. --18.104.22.168 02:15, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi Hermann. Sorry about the data. I had a server failure about the date of the last entry in the history file, and didn't recover the cgi directory. I probably have a backup, and if I do I'll post the code for you. --Polysylabic Pseudonym (talk) 08:22, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
- As I said, it's all working again, however if you would like to implement my (updated) script yourself, you can find it at amipsychic.net/geohash.pl --Polysylabic Pseudonym (talk) 23:29, 5 November 2013 (EST)
- When the script doesn't work for you (if you decide to try it out) the problem is in the getdow() function. A fixed version is at the above link --Polysylabic Pseudonym (talk) 06:43, 7 November 2013 (EST)
 How much is 23.5+22?
Well, that's it really. For some reason your bicycle geohash from 23.5+22 is 55.5km, there must be a typo somewhere.
- oh, i probably thought of 33.5 km while i was adding the distances. thanks --hermann 10:01, 27 july 2008 (utc)
There are a couple of more of this. ie: 2008-06-29 26.9km (24km, 23.9km) that is your longest bicycle hash now. I already corrected other stuff, but since you created this page I thought it would be a good idea to tell you first.
 Déjà Vu
I actually had your expedition in mind when I created the achievement, so I'm glad you found it and reported it. I also found some random key combination that shifted everything on this page into upper case. Cool.
 new template
 Historical Geohashing Locations Script
Hi, I like your script, but in my graticules (49, 9 and 49, 10) it doesn't show the expeditions from last month (september). What am I doing wrong? Danatar 13:14, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- I checked out my historical data files (which Hermann uses in his script) and found several holes, especially around August to October. They could have been the cause of the fault, and are now fixed. --Psud 14:52, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
 Police geohash
I changed the ribbon so that you can customize it to show what kind of officer you met and how.
 Image categories
Hermann, it's great reading your expedition reports, but would you mind please adding some categories when you upload images, please? I suspect the ones you want for your current batch of photos are: [[Category:Meetup on 2009-05-18]] [[Category:Meetup in 53 9]]. Thanks! -- Benjw 17:19, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- The usual thing to do is simply to use the meetup categories anyway! ("Meetup" is a bad name; "expedition" would probably be better.) -- Benjw 17:54, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
 Bamberg graticule
I don't know about the 19th yet but on the other days I should be free in the evening for geohashing. - Danatar 20:24, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
 Planning on the Hamburg talk page
Hi, and thank you for your message!
I was hoping someone would turn up for the Saturday meetup anyway - I didn't know about the use of the Hamburg talk page to announce such expeditions. (I simply created the expedition page on Friday evening and posted there that I would be attempting it.) I'm still new to the sport.
Perhaps we'll have better luck next time there is a geohash in easy HVV reach! -- Pne 05:35, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
P.S. Responses appreciated on my talk page rather than here.
 Nomination for 2012 geohashing calendar
I really like this picture of you so I nominated it for the 2012 calendar. If this is not okay for you, please just remove it from the Nomination Gallery! :) --HiroProtagonist 11:35, 12 February 2011 (EST)
- I am flattered and do not object. --Hermann 12:03, 13 February 2011 (EST)
I don't know if you check the coordinates regularly, so I just wanted to inform you that the point is not far from Pinneberg. --ilpadre 09:53, 29 March 2011 (EDT)
- Thank you for your concern. But yes, I do check the coordinates almost every day. I would like to go to tomorrow's hash. Unfortunately I am currently visiting a fellow student in another city. --Hermann 14:55, 29 March 2011 (EDT)
 SVG Logo
- Use the logo you may (grammar learned from Yoda I, too, have). I assume the logo to be licensed under Creative Commons anyway. Good luck with your project. --Hermann (talk) 16:04, 21 April 2013 (EDT)
 Batch upload?
Hi Hermann, I noticed that the file pages of the images in your galleries are connected with those <<< and >>> links, which is very useful for scrolling through a gallery. Do you use some batch upload utility for uploading? --LeslieHapablap (talk) 06:35, 19 September 2013 (EDT)
- Indeed, I use Commonist to upload my photos to the wiki. It has to be configured first, though. In its directory there is a config file named "wikis.txt". Add the line "geohashing _ http://wiki.xkcd.com/wgh/api.php" to make the geohashing wiki appear in the list of possible wikis to upload to (you may delete the other contents of the file). It's very useful and saves much time, especially when uploading many photos at once. It even supports categories. I never noticed these buttons before your question. :D --Hermann (talk) 06:57, 19 September 2013 (EDT)