2016-05-16 52 1
From Geo Hashing
A field at North Green, Suffolk, UK.
One of two spanning midnight - 2016-05-16 52 1 - 2016-05-17 52 1 - ETA 23:10.
Expedition - Fail
This point was probably reachable but there were multiple problems.
- I forgot my hand held GPSr.
- My phone lost GPS lock.
- There was a closed road.
- My Android tablet with free SatNav software put me into a routing loop back to the closed road.
- Using the moon for direction I got out of the routing loop.
- 350 metres away there was nowhere to park.
- A poultry farm blocked one of the routes. This looked as though there might be security so a trespass was not advisable.
- At an alternative approach path I nearly put my car in a ditch while trying to park.
- Returning home to pick up my GPSr for expedition two, I used the closed road. The closure was on the far side of my destination so I could have ignored the diversion signs - Drat and double drat!
Time to give up and know when you are not wanted.
| Sourcerer earned the Blinded by Science Consolation Prize
Expeditions and Plans
|New York, New York||OtherJack, Elipongo||In the back yard of a small apartment building in Wakefield, North Bronx|
|Buffalo, New York||Pedalpusher||Wiley Field in Masten park in Buffalo|
|Grand Rapids, Michigan||Mcbaneg, katja||Lawn of Fair Haven Church, Hudsonville, MI|
|Fulda, Germany||Q-Owl, Q-Owla||In a wood between Birstein and Steinau an der Straße|
|Norwich, United Kingdom||Sourcerer||A field at North Green, Suffolk, UK.|
|Kajaani, Finland||no visible trace of any other e, PPP||In the Paltamo on the lake Oulujärvi.|
Update this list.