Norwich, United Kingdom
|Skegness||North Sea||North Sea|
|London East||Canterbury||Dunkerque, France|
This graticule covers the parts of the United Kingdom (UK) from 52° to 53° latitude, and from 1° to 2° longitude. A bit over half of it is land, including parts of Norfolk and Suffolk and much of their coastlines. Most of the terrain is agricultural. Some areas are very flat. Other areas include low rolling hills. This easy terrain is balanced by coastal mud flats and salt marshes which can be tricky to reach. The Norfolk and Suffolk Broads are man-made lakes created by peat digging. They are reached by river or canal.
 Planned Expeditions
Please post your expedition plans here.
- Tue May 21 - Geohashing Day
- Sat May 25 - Mouseover Day
Check out this expeditions list with photo gallery.
 2013 Expeditions
- 2013-05-07 (Tuesday): Jaydublu rode his motorbike to the hashpoint just beside Pelham Road in a residential area of Norwich, UK.
- 2013-04-28 (Sunday): Sourcerer drove and walked to the hashpoint 500 metres east of the water tower near Sibton Green, Suffolk, UK.
- 2013-04-17 (Wednesday): Sourcerer visited the car park of a company called Proserv based in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
- 2013-04-16 (Tuesday): MagicIan tried and failed to gain the Water geohash achievement on Hickling Broad
- 2013-04-14 (Sunday): Sourcerer visited a wheat field between the A12 and the coast north of Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK.
- 2013-03-07 (Thursday): Sourcerer visited a quiet lane near North Walsham, Norfolk, UK and says welcome back to MagicIan.
- 2013-02-21 (Thursday): MagicIan cycled to Intwood Lane after work
- 2013-02-19 (Tuesday): Sourcerer visited a field south of Bungay, Suffolk, UK and reached his 100th hashpoint.
- 2013-02-18 (Monday): Sourcerer visited a field near Spexhall, Halesworth, Suffolk, UK.
- 2013-02-15 (Friday): MagicIan kayaked to Reedham Ferry on Saturday 16th as the hashpoint for the 16th was in the middle of the north sea
- 2013-02-10 (Sunday): Without knowing it, Sourcerer and MagicIan both visited a field right beside a narrow farm lane near Denton, Norfolk
- 2013-01-17 (Thursday): Sourcerer visited a residential street in Saxmungham, Suffolk, UK.
 2012 Expeditions
- 2012-12-16 (Sunday): Sourcerer visited a small photovoltaic farm at Trimingham very close to the north east Norfolk coast, UK.
- 2012-10-03 (Wednesday): Sourcerer visited a harvested sweetcorn field near Homersfield, Norfolk, UK.
- 2012-09-28 (Friday): Sourcerer visited a harvested wheat field near the A149 between Cromer and Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
- 2012-09-14 (Thursday): Jaydublu and Sourcerer, each without knowledge of the other, reached the hash point in the shadow of East Ruston water tower, Norfolk, UK.
- 2012-08-16 (Thursday): Sourcerer visited the west bank of the river Bure, Upton near Acle, Norfolk, UK.
- 2012-08-01 (Wednesday): Sourcerer visited a pine wood next to Blaxhall Heath, near Snape, Suffolk, UK.
- 2012-07-29 (Sunday): Sourcerer visited a hedge row south east of Hardley Flood and the River Chet, near Loddon, Norfolk, UK.
- 2012-07-05 (Thursday): Sourcerer visited Dunwich Heath, surrounded by heather. This is near the Minsmere bird reserve, Suffollk, UK.
- 2012-06-22 (Friday): Sourcerer reached the hashpoint in Rendlesham Forest, between Woodbridge and Orford, Suffolk, UK.
- 2012-06-19 (Tuesday): Sourcerer failed to reach the hashpoint 200 metres from Haddiscoe railway station and 70 metres off the public access road.
- 2012-05-21 (Monday): MagicIan reached the hashpoint via a short cycle from his house to Newton Flotman
- 2012-04-27 (Friday): Sourcerer reached Glenmore Gardens, a residential street in Norwich, Norfolk, UK and says "Hi" to aaronboardley.
- 2012-04-22 (Saturday): aaronboardley visited a field near Baconsthorpe, Norfolk, UK.
- 2012-03-20 (Tuesday): Sourcerer failed to reach the hash in a pig field just off the A143 south west of Bungay, Suffolk, UK.
- 2012-03-19 (Monday): Sourcerer visited the point just outside a house on Aldwyck Way between Carlton Colville and Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK.
- 2012-03-12 (Monday): Sourcerer walked to the hashpoint on a public footpath near Mendlesham 12km south of Diss, Norfolk, UK. Logged at Wikiloc.
- 2012-02-20 (Monday): Sourcerer visited a multi tonne farmyard manure pile 1.5 km north of Burgh St. Peter, Norfolk, UK. Logged at Wikiloc.
- 2012-01-21 (Saturday): Sourcerer failed to reach the middle of the tidal river at Oulton Broad, just below the lock gate.
- 2012-01-07 (Saturday): Sourcerer visited the boundary hedge of a private house on Loddon Road, Ditchingham overlooking Broom Common near Bungay, Norfolk, UK logged at wikiloc.
- 2012-01-05 (Thursday): Sourcerer visited Reeder's Lane between Poringland and Bergh Apton southeast of Norwich, Norfolk, UK.
 Annual Expedition Archives
Twenty five expeditions took place during 2011. These are detailed on the 2011 archive page.
- Sourcerer 24 Expeditions - He missing the element of competition being by far the most active Norwich geohasher in 2011.
- MagicIan 2 expeditions - He got lazy at both going on expeditions and updating the Wiki when he did so
Twenty five expeditions took place during 2010. These are detailed on the 2010 archive page.
Three expeditions took place during 2009. These are detailed on the 2009 archive page.
 Local Geohashers
- Aaronboardley, is based in Lowestoft.
- Benjw, based in Cambridge, has visited this graticule.
- Jaydublu, based on the North Norfolk coast, doesn't do boats or Suffolk.
- MagicIan is based in Mulbarton, just south of Norwich. His Geohashing exploits are sporadic to say the least.
- Sourcerer lives in Beccles, Suffolk. He visits local hashpoints and on his travels, any hashpoint near enough to reach.