From Geo Hashing
|Dothan, Alabama||Albany, Georgia||Moultrie, Georgia|
|Panama City||Tallahassee||Valdosta, Georgia|
|Port St. Joe||Carrabelle||Cross City|
Today's location: not yet announced
Today's Geohash: [Tallahassee, FL]
Cities in this Graticule
- Havana, FL
- Tallahassee, FL
- Quincy, FL
- Bainbridge, GA
- Cairo, GA
Gulfs of Mexico in this Graticule
Weekly (Saturday Meetup) Locations
- 2008-05-24: 30.126648°, -84.547534° Southern portion of the Apalachicola National Forest. (No visits.)
- 2008-05-31: 30.037487°, -84.281267° Offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, south of Live Oak Island. (No visits.)
- 2008-06-07: 30.501784°, -84.114371° On private property on Star View Ln, in Hawks Landing sub-division. (4 visitors!)
- 2008-06-14: 30.806746°, -84.038887° On private property, southwest of Thomasville, GA. (1 visitor.)
- 2008-06-21: 30.979317°, -84.613963° Adjacent to the Decatur County Industrial Air Park in Bainbridge, GA. (2 visitors.)
Half-Hearted Weekday Attempts
- 2008-06-23: This was within 5 miles of his house, and he wasn't working, so James arrived in Deer Lake just after 4:00 PM for the (first?) weekday geohash. Unfortunately, it turned out to be located within a fenced-in wastewater treatment plant. So even though he breached the outer perimeter, he only got within 300 feet of the spot before a more secure fence turned him away. And since he failed to actually reach the hashpoint, he didn't take any pictures. Oh, and once again it started raining as soon as he left. So, not a successful outing. But he did enjoy the strange looks directed his way.
- 2008-07-13: Two and a half miles from Zingor, and the map made it look like I could just walk on up. Unfortunately, there's actually a giant barbed-wire topped fence preventing that. I guess the State of Florida doesn't want people just wandering around on I-10.
- 2008-06-07: This one was fun! Check out the meet-up page for details & pictures! We also earned the hottest geohash achievement!
- 2008-06-14: James went there, and had a sweaty good time. Pictures to come when an easier way to upload them is found.
- 2008-06-21: Zingor and briand met there and stood in a cloud of tenacious pests.
- 2008-06-23: James tried to reach the hash, but found an impassible fence about 300ft from it.
- 2008-06-28: James got within 95 feet of this one, took pictures, and helped a motorist put their jetski back on its trailer.
- 2008-07-12: James neglected to bring his GPS on this trip and had no idea of the exact coordinates, but he found later that he had made it to within a football field just by driving aimlessly.
- 2008-07-19: James went to this geodashing spot instead of the far-flung meetup spot. He found himself in some type of work zone, with various heavy machinery scattered around. The spot itself was at the top of a dirt plateau, and was quite easily reached. Several animal tracks were noted on the dirt access road, but now they have boot tracks as a companion.
- 2008-09-05: James went tromping in the woods of a neighboring graticule.
- 2008-09-12: James carpooled with Zingor for more stomping through woods and stickers in an adjacent graticule, after enduring the gas panic.
- 2008-09-27: James reached this one easily in northern Georgia, back in his home graticule.
- 2008-10-03: James met the property owner, but was too nervous to ask permission to get to the hash site.
See also Category:Meetup in 30 -84.
|Brian, James, James, and John earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
- branwen will attend if the loc' is accessible
- briand is... um, wha?
- mpf might try attending a Saturday meetup sometime.
- James reached the [1-24] one by Lost Lake, and hopes to meet others at the 4-25 one near his old house!
- zingor is waiting for friendly spots and friendly weather (oh, and lower gas prices).
- deliriousduckie also wants to come to a Saturday meetup someday.
- dirtybastin is always there in spirit.
- codersarepeople waits for something near the north side of Tallahassee.