2008-06-14 38 -77
Afternoon weather calls for rain/thundershowers. Bring an umbrella/poncho/forcefield as necessary. Perhaps we should investigate nearby eateries in case of a possible rainout. There is a food court to the south, NE of the Torpedo Factory.
This was one of the largest meetups.
Sixteen people met up around the big ol' tree in Founder's Park which was the official geohash point. We relocated to a nearby foodcourt for games and fun times after the local constable warned us of a coming storm. After a while, 10 of us relocated to a local tavern for food and drink.
| These geohashers earned the Police Geohash Achievement
| Ciel earned the Circus Geohash Achievement
- Cerulean, a casual gamer, made it there at 4pm. Brought two tag-alongs with me. Supplied Chrononauts.
- Ciel was definitely there. He had a great time meeting everybody, picked up a Circus Geohash, and enjoyed a nice game of Go and some great conversations at dinner. He hopes to see you all again soon!
- jmacdonagh will be there with half a dozen or so other friends who are too lazy to sign up for this wiki.
- Alex H. will be there with a possible two people. Old Town Alexandria is a great place for contingencies as you can barely walk a step on King Street without tripping over a cafe.
- EpeeGnome showed up much closer to on time than expected and had a wonderful time. This was his first geohash, he learned to play go, and he had some delightful conversations over a delicious dinner and beer at the pub.
- Katie had a lot of fun, and hopes to see you all again soon!
- Chris was there
- Scott L. was there
- Clint H. showed up to his first geohash, hopefully not his last though! Many good times were had.
- Kelly S. from Los Angeles was there on his first Geohash. Came with jmacdonagh and friends.
Pictures are up! I'll have to stick around next time, but who knows if we'll ever get a great spot like this again anytime soon.