2008-06-14 37 -122
(Put here for easy visibility: can people who took photos either put them up or at least send a link to the mailing list? Thanks! --Darcy)
 WARNING: ANGRY RANCHER NEIGHBOR WITH SHOTGUN
You can drive by, and park on the OPPOSITE side of the road, but don't go any farther. Neighbor reported taking photos of license plates. Two vehicles later drove on property, first truck with two rifles or shotguns in plain sight.
To those who were there from the NASA Folk: Sorry we had to run. After you went up to the park station, two very unfriendly vehicles returned to the property. It seemed like a good time to leave. Please pardon our cowardice. Good luck.
Addendum: The ranger at the park service station was exceedingly friendly and said that the neighbor was just "easily excitable" -- I guess he must get really excited about shotguns. In any case, I think that we're probably in the clear, though anyone who wants to write an apologetic note to the hopefully-better-educated-less-having-of-chip-on-shoulder-Arkansas-visiting-property-owner should perhaps do so. I think the address was 18181 Bollinger Canyon Road. Darcy 03:35, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- NOTE : Please don't change what people have said. If you have your own commentary, please add it on the Talk page.
This is near the San Ramon area. Travelers from the south end of the graticule may want to come up 680 to Crow Creek Canyon. Plan for sun, bring water.
 Who Was There
About twelve people from five or six different groups showed up in the end, ranging from Berkeley grad students to NASA summer-interns to college kids home for the summer, plus a variety of other sorts in between.
In attendance were:
- Ruth's brother (Daniel?)
- Dave (guy with the tripod and the lack of traction on the hillside)
- Zigdon (who apparently left before any of the rest of you showed up)
- Jakobo (got there way late minus FRS, minus camera and missed everyone)
 Who's Coming?
- Jakobo Will be there with Kender. Look for a medium height guy and a short skinny girl (who will likely be wearing a stuffed panda on her head). (Update: I'll be there late (like 5/6p?), as my company announced "mandatory" softball practice to lessen our sucking before our next game.)
- Darcy will probably be there, unless something comes up around here.
- Youhas says: I'll see if I can't make it, too. Prior engagements bookending the event suggest that I'll have to both show up moderately late and scram in relatively short order, but will give things a crack all the same. Look for the scruffy doughy twentysomething in cargo pants and gratuitous xkcd shirt.
- zigdon is here early, drove up the road to get a signal. I'll swing by at 4pm though, to see who shows up.
- If anyone's there and is checking the Wiki, please wait around for about 15 minutes, or leave a sign directing latecomers. I'm on my way now.