Wellington, New Zealand
Latest Coordinates and Map Quick-Links
|Tuesday 2018-11-13||-41.4365559, 174.4649690|
|Wednesday 2018-11-14||-41.5986939, 174.2888092|
|D'Urville Island||Paraparaumu||Palmerston North|
Today's Location: Wellington, NZ
Wellington is the capital city of New Zealand. This graticule is not ideal for geohashing as most of the graticule lies in the ocean, and that which does not is divided evenly between the North Island, the South Island, and inaccessible land in the Marlborough Sounds.
A quick survey: out of all the Saturdays so far in the year (up to 17/05/08), 14 were in the sea, three were in the North Island, two were in the Marlborough Sounds, and one was in Lake Grassmere in the South Island. The meeting for 23/03/08 would have been in Central Wellington.
- 2016-05-07 - Hugh, Adelle, Jackson and Toni Lower Hutt, NZ
- 2015-10-22 - Quaternary Lower Hutt, NZ
- 2015-09-22 - Quaternary MacAlistair Park, Wellington, NZ
- 2015-04-04 - Quaternary near Lake Grassmere, Marlborough, NZ
- 2008-05-29 -41 174
- 2009-05-05 -41 174, at the edge of a firebreak, very close to residential streets.
Coordinates not reached
- 2008-06-15 -41 174 - nzsteak visited the land due north of the water hashpoint.
- 2008-09-22 -41 174 - tjm1983 visited the vicinity of the hashpoint, but failed to find the correct spot.
Waving from the 2009-05-05 hashpoint
|tjm1983 earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|