Talk:Xkcd centurion achievement
I suggest the creation of the XKCD Decurion to motivate people with an easier achievement. -- Relet 11:18, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- I second that. Given realistic circumstances it will be still pretty difficult to achieve unless you own a private helicopter and an oil company to fuel it for free. If you think 10 is to easy one could always go for 10000b or 42 (any suggestions how to call that?) -- Ekorren
- Or just "Most saturday meetups attended", for the statistics. But it'll still nice to be able to add a ribbon, once you have completed 10 meetups. I don't find 10 too easy. It's still a minimum effort of 10 weeks, unless you time-travel. -- relet 12:50, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
 "Travelling Independently"
On May 2009-05-08 three geohashers came from two different graticules, in two different vehicles to meet up in a third graticule. They completed a geohash there, then travelled as a convoy to attempt two more geohashes, one a Saturday at which they successfully made the coordinates, but didn't stay until four because they were being eaten by mosquitoes. Chat in the geohashing IRC channel concluded that as they travelled to the first geohash independently and then attempted the other two points as part of one continuous expedition, the Saturday counts as a meetup. If anyone disagrees, discuss it here. -Robyn 00:40, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Nope, sounds fair enough to me. -- Benjw 07:46, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- I can't see why that shouldn't count. I don't think we should be particularily strict about the "travelling independently" rule anyway. This rule was made avoid that friends groups and couples just declare being somewhere at an arbitrary point or arbitrary time a meetup. If people who met through geohashing and decided to meet for an expedition go most of the way together, it should still count. --Ekorren 08:42, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
 New ribbon icon?
Several of us, including me, use the ribbon icons to "tag" achievements or properties of expeditions on the expedition page or in lists. When I added the Prötzel meetup to my list, I became aware that the Centurion achievement and the XKCD-100 use the same icon, so that didn't work any more.
I would suggest to find another icon for one of those two achievements. Does anyone have a good idea and/or volunteers to create a new one? --Ekorren 12:22, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- Just made one. Not sure why the templates aren't reporting it properly though.
- Huh. The ones on -this- page are showing correctly, but on the template page... Maybe I just need to flush the cache. Also, I may add images with 1/10, 2/10, et cetera for the lesser achievements. --SparroHawc 13:08, 2 December 2009 (PST)
- That the old picture ist still visible is because updating template pages sucks. The new page is created with the old template code, even if you changed the template code, so you always have to update twice. "Preview" doesn't work either.
- 1/10 etc pictures would be nice. Either you add the fraction as a text (easy to recognize) or you use black-and-white vs. full-color segments (similar to the Globetrotters Geohash icons, e.g. like a pie chart. Not so easy to recognize, but more interesting pictures), or you do both (double nice). - Danatar 21:13, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
- I'm thinking text... Mostly because I'm using my work computer to make the image and available time is at a premium. Fractions forthcoming. --SparroHawc 10:15, 11 January 2010 (PST)
- Hallelujah! After a bajillion edits to the template trying to get it to do what I want while unfamiliar with the template scripting, I finally have it working correctly. Centurion color now scales from blank to full color depending on number of meetups achieved, as well as displaying a fraction. I decided against the pie chart approach as the stick figure isn't very circular. --SparroHawc 15:56, 14 January 2010 (PST)