Welcome to Seattle
... one of the more active graticules on our planet. It rains a lot here, but that doesn't often deter our intrepid geohashers. Current expedition discussions at the top of the this page. Archived discussions on the past page.
Happy 10th anniversary of Geohashing! Today's spot is in the water of Puget Sound. I hope to be visiting a geohash somewhere in the graticule on May 23rd, my 10th Hashiversary. Of course then Friday is Towel day and then Saturday is Mouse over day, so there will be more geohashing this week. Excited? Post here! --Thomcat (talk) 21:16, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
Just south of the Trestle Bridge, admission required, only accessible 10am to 4pm. I can't today, but this is a future retrohash if nobody else accepts the challenge. --Thomcat (talk) 14:55, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
February 10, 2018
- I plan to make a visit - once I get back on the right continent. My flight arrives at 4:25, then there's customs. Probably around 5:30. --Thomcat (talk) 04:44, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
Seriously cool expedition today, at the bottom of the bluffside trail on Maury Island - if it's above water. Low tide was a few hours ago, and again at 7:20 tonight, when it will be quite dark. I plan to hit this as a retrohash someday, probably in the summertime. --Thomcat (talk) 15:22, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
Within a mile of the Bremerton ferry terminal. Which makes it technically within bicycle range for me. Weather is iffy though, and the front yard the point lies in looks a bit overgrown. Coyotebush (talk) 01:49, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
Auburn and Vashon are in the woods, but Saturday is a geohash inside the Dog & Pony Alehouse in Renton. I'll be there at 4:00 for a good 'ol Saturday meetup. You can earn an achievement. --Thomcat (talk) 14:41, 25 November 2016 (UTC)
Two elementary schools - Saturday in Edgewood (east of Tacoma) and Sunday in Rose Hill (east of Kirkland). I'll be at one or two for sure - see you there? --Thomcat (talk) 13:45, 4 November 2016 (UTC)
You have your choice of a parking lot in Woodinville or joining a carpool to a globalhash in Astoria. While not locked in yet, I definitely favor the latter. I *suppose* you could also do both. --Thomcat (talk) 18:36, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Saturday in the Snoqualmie graticule looks to be quite near the Preston Snoqualmie trail, which apparently has a view of the falls near the Snoqualmie end. Sunday here is in Everett, near Silver Lake, with a 7-11 just across the freeway. Hopefully I can make the latter, weather and plans preclude the former for me. --Thomcat (talk) 09:55, 22 January 2016 (EST)
- I did make the latter, and was perhaps the only expedition that day. --Thomcat (talk) 09:52, 25 January 2016 (EST)
Interesting point on Tacoma's waterfront; I encourage someone to go see it. http://geohashing.info/20150608/c22zrkt9/17/c22uvnr3 --Thomcat (talk) 09:42, 8 June 2015 (EDT)
Three decent points this weekend, two at opposite corners of the graticule. Friday has us in Olympia, Saturday near Snoqualmie (in a farmer's field), and Sunday right downtown. Definitely going to the last one, but ping here if you are interested in the other two. --Thomcat (talk) 09:41, 24 April 2015 (EDT)
April 10th and 12th have that edge-of-the graticule minesweeper appeal, but are otherwise unattractive. April 11th is on Seattle Hill Road in Mill Creek - definitely worth an afternoon visit. Say, 4pm? --Thomcat (talk) 11:00, 10 April 2015 (EDT)
Christmas Eve & Christmas, 2014
I am moving away from this graticule on Monday the 1st... and none of the points through then look convenient to me, so I probably won't see any of you in person. It's been a great couple of years though! -- OtherJack (talk) 14:06, 29 August 2014 (EDT)
- May you either find better geohashing... or take your curse with you! :) --Thomcat (talk) 21:51, 29 August 2014 (EDT)
- Farewell, Jack! I'm glad I was able to meet you--and hit the July 10 globalhash! Truly an epic adventure, as hashing goes. :) -- Rex Wolf (talk) 00:34, 30 August 2014 (EDT)
Planned expeditions that didn't happen - or future Retro expeditions
- 2008-07-27 47 -122 -- Inside a house in Woodinville.
- 2008-08-11 47 -122 -- A swampy right-of-way underneath some power lines.
- 2008-09-10 47 -122 -- Near the back parking lot of a business on the peninsula.
- 2008-10-18 47 -122 -- A Saturday point in Graham; page was used to suggest an alternate meetup that didn't happen.
- 2008-11-22 47 -122 -- An open field between Issaquah and Cedar Grove.
- 2010-04-24 47 -122 -- The back parking lot of a business in Kent; apparently near the house of Origo.
- 2011-07-22 47 -122 -- Parking for Eastside Christian Church in Tacoma Eastside.
- 2012-02-29 47 -122 -- Planned point unknown, ended up being inside Occupational Education building at Green River CC.
- 2012-06-17 47 -122 -- Backyard near a greenhouse, not far from Maltby.
- 2013-01-06 47 -122 -- A hillside back yard near Shorewood; ambassador required.
- 2017-12-24 47 -122 -- The parking lot of West Coast Awards and Athletics in Kent, quite close to Mill Creek Canyon Park.