|North Sea||North Sea||North Sea|
The Texel graticule is at latitude 53, longitude 4 and contains North Sea, North Sea, North Sea, Wadden Sea and sheep. Within this graticule, there is the island of Texel (De Cocksdorp, De Koog, De Waal, Den Burg, Den Hoorn, Oosterend). It als contains the Vliehors, this is a part of Vlieland which is used as shooting range by planes of the Dutch army.
Since this graticule is mostly sea the hashes happen to be in the sea a lot of times. Landhashes are a rare occurrence with 5 to 10 per year.
|Murfie earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
- 2012-06-04: Murfie visits Texel in the middle of the night and meets a cow.
- 2012-06-10: Mennoowh sees no cows, just a lot of thorns in the dunes.
- 2014-03-31: Eupeodes moved to Texel.
- 2014-09-01: Eupeodes finally got to a hash on Texel, and there were cows.
If you plan to go to a geohash, let the rest of us know here.
- Eupeodes lives on Texel because he found a job there
Status before 2014-03-31: Although there is internet available on the island, no people here have heard of geohashing, yet.