2015-02-14 54 -2
Beside the Lancaster canal, on the path. An easy place to reach.
Just Angel today.
Get up early, walk up the canal, then back into town for lunch. Maybe go out again later in case other people arrive at Meetup Time.
- Feeling sick, feeling dizzy. This should have been an easy one, but having only just got out of bed makes it a challenge. -- Angel (talk) @54.0311,-2.7943 10:59, 14 February 2015 (EST)
- Finally left the house at some time after 3, I think.
- Reached the hash around sunset. Massive construction works, they're building a bridge over the canal right at the hash point.
- A good omen at last: the canal path has a wiggly detour, but comes within range of the hash!
- Tried to go back by road, there's a path across the site, but the gate onto the road was padlocked. So ended up needing to use my phone as a torch to make sure I didn't fall in the canal on the way home.
10 feet away; best I can get @54.0697,-2.8113
270 feet away, a diversion sign. Thought I'd failed! @54.0693,-2.8103
I guess this is where the new motorway is going to cross the canal :S @54.0690,-2.8092
| Angel earned the Walk geohash Achievement
And, as proved by An Endomondo tracklog (There's a break between the two tracklogs that day because my phone crashed, and I think the hash might be in the gap… I've walked that way plenty of times before, but that's the first tracklog I managed to find)
| Angel earned the Déjà Vu Geohash Achievement