2013-04-25 54 -2
In a field near Quernmore, 2.5 miles outside Lancaster.
- Angel - Who used the Android hashing app to create this page, and appologises for the messiness. I'll try to tidy up later.
Plans / (Expedition Log)
- Walk to Lancaster University (check)
- Upgrade Ingress portals to L7 (check - Vive le Resistance)
- Head up the road to Quernmore (check)
- Wander around aimlessly looking for the hash (actually didn't need to ... Good signal despite visibility of 20 feet)
- Curse my phone when I suddenly lose satellite signal (nope)
- Eventually find what's probably the right place (check)
- Take a screenshot of the app as close as I can get (check - but not close enough)
- Curse as my GPS fix jumps 5 miles away at the exact moment it takes the screenshot (nope)
- Wander around a bit, hoping the guy drinking coffee in a parked car will move so I can get maybe 2 feet closer
- Take a photo of the location, (check) and see the exact same effect (actually didn't have any GPS problems this time)
- Walk down to Williamson Park for a consolation pint at the Pavillion (failed - I asked for Lancaster Red and the nice lady gave me a cup of tea)
(Not the best plan in the world, but based on past experience, probably the most likely) (plan now annotated with what actually happened)
A Stain On My Honor
- Last time it was in Quernmore, I decided not to bother, thinking "It's so far from the road, it won't be reachable" ... Only to find out later that among the farmers' fields was a label "Quernmore Park", so it might have been reachable after all. I'm not letting that happen again!
- Should there be a gratuitous award for something like this? "A stain on my honour", for claiming a hash close to, or similar to, one you're embarrassed to have failed? -- Angel (talk) @54.0197,-2.7941 04:26, 25 April 2013 (EDT)
Does anyone know how to extract logs from Endomondo? I know it can do it, but can't figure out how to c&p the link on my phone
Somewhere between here and those trees... @54.0360,-2.7521
Think that's as close as I can get without climbing a fence :( @54.0364,-2.7523
I'll probably have 2 gratuitous awards, if I make it
As it turns out, only "No public access" again :( I think that's 3 now?