Around August 2008, Zylche created #xkcd-religion; a channel where a fair and open discussion could take place.
The registration lapsed sometime before November 2011. In November, Boom_Farmer re-registered the channel. The same rules apply.
If you have an opinion, or you lack one and you want to see what your choices are, come on in!
Try to avoid:
- One-way debate. if you're pushing your ideas without listening to others ideas and arguments, you aren't creating useful debate, just spamming.
- On the other hand, don't be shy about stating your opinions, even if they are unfounded. You might find allies in unlikely places, who know a good reason to believe what you do ;P
- ALL CAPS. IF YOU WANT TO EMPHASIZE SOMETHING, USE BOLD TEXT, OR SURROUND IT WITH ASTERISKS (SHIFT-8 ON US KEYBOARDS)
- Repetition. if you said it, we probably saw it.
- If nobody replied to your comment, read it over, see if it might have been construed that you were making a joke or trolling.
- Wait a few minutes, people might have gone for a drink, or be typing a long response.