We will give you the best advice we can, and you have the choice of following it or not, but you don't get an infinite number of times to air your problems without demonstrating improvement on your part.
There is a public (any active member of #xkcd-love is allowed to remain in it) channel (#xkcd-love-mods) to coordinate efforts ; this is not to promote secrecy but to avoid disrupting the main channel with protracted administrative discussions and to let the ops take more unified action when issues arise. Ops have clearly defined rules for their own official actions.
1. Things You Should Do
- 1.1 Be on-topic and useful when people want advice.
- 1.2 Be polite and friendly to noobs.
- 1.3 Mark NSFW links as NSFW.
- 1.4 Respect people's privacy.
- 1.5 Keep discussions PG-13 if possible, but realize that sex is an important part of most relationships.
- 1.6 Vent if necessary, but don't whine.
2. Big Rules
2.1 Don't be a dick.
- 2.1.1 Don't be racist, homophobic, or sexist
- 2.1.2 Be careful on topics people might be sensitive about.
- 2.1.3 Threats of violence will cause you to be banned.
2.2 Don't spam.
- 2.2.1 Use a service like pastebin for pastes bigger than two lines.
- 2.2.2 Excessive nick changes can be considered spam.
- 2.2.3 Don't use the enter key if the space bar will do. This means you should not spread a sentence over several lines for no good reason.
- 2.2.4 If there is an on topic conversation, stop off topic talk. Anyone can request that people stop off topic talk in this case.
2.3 No public logging of any names, pseudonyms (including nicks), personal information, pictures or the channel in general without the explicit permission of all involved parties.
- 2.3.1 Think before you post; just ask permission first
- 2.3.2 This includes IRC quote sites (xkcdb, bash.org and similar)
3. Other Rules
3.1 No unauthorized bots in the channel.
3.2 We are not a dating service.
3.3 Nicks have to be at least vaguely pronounceable (i.e. mostly letters). Leading non-alphabetical characters are uncool.
3.4 Idling for a period of weeks may lead to a kick.
3.5 Changing nicks to indicate status ("nick" --> "nick|doingsomethingnoonecaresabout") is frowned upon. Consider using /away to indicate that you are AFK.
3.6 The channel is often off-topic during periods between on-topic discussions; off-topic discussions are still expected to follow all rules and yield to on-topic matters immediately.
- 3.6.1 While most topics are fair game for off-topic periods, particular care should be taken to remain civil on certain topics, and other channels may be more appropriate (for example, #xkcd-politics for political discussion, #xkcd-compsci for computer discussion, or #xkcd-signal for other topics). Examples of topics worth being careful with:
- 18.104.22.168 Politics
- 22.214.171.124 Religion
- 126.96.36.199 Rape
3.7 Speak in English.
3.8 This isn't the place to air grievances about other channels.
|This page is part of a series on Love|
|Ops • Policy • Disclaimer|