August meetup, AKA -loverdose
To get the phone number, subtract the number in the IRC channel.
To list your number, add the number in the IRC channel.
Jason - 3415317123
freelancer - 1069089450 (don't forget to add country code +46 after decrypting the number)
August 5th-11th, 2009
noey's rather tiny apartment in San Francisco, California
There are 4 cats, 1 dog and 1 bird in the house
How do I get there?
- Nearby airports: SFO, OAK(?)
- Ask noey for information about getting to her place if you need to
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART): http://www.bart.gov/
- $48 - 6 nights of hotel (consensus is: we need more space, and a cheap hotel would be ideal)
- $40 - Food (one grocery shopping trip, early on)
- $24 - Muni pass 7-day (public transit pass, unltd. rides)
- $25 - California Academy of Sciences (optional, highly recommended)
- $14/$11 - Exploratorium (optional, recommended, students pay only $11)
- $30 - Wicked (optional)
- $10 - Chinatown Chinese food (optional)
- $16 - Ferry ride (roundtrip, optional, you get to see the bay)
Total: Approx. $210
Please bear in mind these figures are bare minimum, if you choose to do all the activities. budget for possible incidental spending.
- Do not disturb noey's father or little sisters, or room mate
- Be polite, friendly and above all CLEAN.
- Beds are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first served basis, no complaining if you end up sleeping on the floor
- noey might have a job by the time the meetup rolls around, which means you will have to behave yourselves while she's at work
- Limited space, noey gets final say in whether or not you can come.
- California Academy of Sciences (http://www.calacademy.org/), entrance fee $25. It totally rules and is worth it. On that day, picnic lunch in Shakespeare's garden, right next to the museum? (noey, larue)
- Maybe we'll go to see Wicked? (larue)
- Geohashing? :D (larue has GPS)
- Pier whatever-number? (hahahahahaha, it's 39, and it's a tourist trap, but let's talk about it - noey)
- Ride the ferry to Sausalito (no getting seasick allowed)
- We can has game? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1000_Blank_White_Cards
-- go here to see game example: http://zephyrcrow.livejournal.com/202081.html#cutid1
- King Tutankhamun is in SF for the first time in 30 years. 
Things to bring
- Everyone that can, bring a power strip. We're low on outlets!
- DVDs (list to avoid duplicates)
- Boardgames/Cardgames (list to avoid duplicates)
- larue: Set, playing cards
- Musical instruments
- larue: various recorders and ocarinas.
- Other things that are awesome
- freelancer: An extra N64 controller. I'm also bringing myself. Good luck topping that. ^^
- larue -- Arrive at SFO 12:20 AM 8/6, Depart SFO 3PM 8/11
- kremlin -- ARRIVED!
- freelancer -- Arrive at SFO 07:53 PM 8/5, CO41, Depart SFO 11:59 PM 8/14, CO1743
- Steef -- Probably leaving Escondido around 5pm or so-ish on the 4th, stopping in San Luis Obispo for drunk night, cruising up in morning with hangover. Possibly being able to time picking the freelancer up, must discuss with the Swede.
- Not the 5th, I won't be there until like 8pm! /freelancer