Talk:2009 Christchurch Meetup
I see two available options at hand.
- We meet up at the botanic gardens. People can bring some board games like Scrabble, a pack of cards, chess, etc. Also if each person bought some food and drink, would be great.
- We get outside, which is usually good for you.
- Could be quite fun.
- If it's raining, the meet-up would have to be relocated, which may cause issues such as people missing the meet-up.
- Cold this time of year.
- We meet up at someone's house. Bring some alcohol, food, etc. Bring a couple of xboxs and maybe some games.
- Doesn't rain inside, normally
- Not cold
- Doesn't snow inside
- No one to tell us to get lost and have our meet-up elsewhere
- Easy to find the location
- Potassium's and Maximinus' houses are both out of the question due to one being tiny and inhabited by family, and the other being inhabited by family. Fanstasyprones hotel room is also out of the question, as it'll be inhabited by family. Snark doesn't have a house in Christchurch.
- That leaves the maybe's houses only.
 If your house is available, say so under here.
Say right here, tell us your name and address, also what days it is available.
YellowOnion, Daniel Hill, 243 Breezes road, BUT only problem is I have a Kinda small house and we are slightly in the middle of getting ready to move, umm I guess either tuesday is better if we are staying later in the evening
Type your name after your post so we know who says what.
- I personally would prefer someone's house. But the botanic gardens would also be a great idea. We'd just need somewhere to go for when it gets cold, overcast and starts to rain, which will almost certainly happen. Potassium 08:12, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- I'm going to check the art centre out on Saturday as a maybe. Potassium 08:31, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- I think we have more scientists than artists, so the science center might be a good idea. Given the last minute nature of the organisation at this point, I suggest we come up with some feasible ideas, then meet at YellowOnion's place on Tuesday the 7th and decide what to do next. I'm also adding my cell number to my name under the Attending section. Snark
- The art centre is just a random place where people can gather. It contains Rutherford's Den if I remember correctly, so it's not actually "art" but YellowOnion's house sounds mighty good :D Anyone got an xbox or two they can bring? Maybe a nice big sexy TV :D Or just some games if Yellow Onion doesn't already have an xbox and smexy TV? Potassium 04:06, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Meeting up...? I'd suggest drinking, but some in attendance may not be legal age.
I'm sure no one will mind about the drinking. Potassium 10:31, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Drinking and LAN gaming mix well, if laptops or a wii or something are available.
I can bring two gaming machines capable of running older networked FPSes like UT2004 and halflife 1 deathmatch, plus ISOs for said games, if that's a path that might be interesting.
I can bring my laptop and possibly my PC, if needed, I reckon a couple of xbox's would be better, play some games on that Potassium 11:58, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Absolutely - do you have access to a couple of xboxen?
Unfortunately not, I have naught but a pc and laptop Potassium 03:47, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Okay, cool. If anyone has an xbox, we can do xbox games. I'm not sure that's an option at this point, but I can bring two UT2k4 capable machines - if potassium tosses his laptop in and maybe there are a couple of other computers we could have a pretty good lan going. Speak up if you can contribute in this area. Snark
7th july 12 noon
- 6-8th July
- 13-14th July
I'm gonna go ahead and suggest the 7th tentatively, then - I'm going to have sporadic internet access as of the 30th (which is when I leave for NZ) so if anyone's got any major objections please say something by then - fantasyprone 9:37PM 28 June 2009 (AEST)
I suggest We exchange Cell phone numbers so we can keep in contact 027 308 3947 or +64 27 308 3947 (same number but just in an international friendly format) My home number is in the attending section - YellowOnion
it's at YellowOnion's place, 243 Breezes Road, Aranui, Christchurch
Christchurch! Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions - I'm not from around there.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81198473286 <= we could meet during/around/participate in this?
That's a terrible idea and I hate whoever suggested it. For one thing, wrong date, for another.. yes, let's meet some strangers IN A CROWD. How about http://tinyurl.com/kuxu6w at noon on the 25th, all wearing... faces that we've seen on stickam and tokbox =P Obviously open to amendment, but it's a quick workable idea, in a findable park, near the science place.
Nice one - point out that the date's wrong, and then propose an alternative place, on the same date! I'm not convinced that the Botanic Gardens is a great place to meet if we're intending to go to Science Alive - it's not all that close if you're on foot. Maybe somewhere like the Square (under the Chalice) would be better - or even at Science Alive (on the steps outside, maybe?), if we're intending to end up there?
Does anyone living in christchurch have a decent sized house? Mines out because I don't know what my parents would think of me inviting people from the internet over and also it's tiny. I'll give some thought to an actual venue or something Potassium 12:03, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
We could go to somewhere like respawn/battlelink (console gaming cafe / internet cafe), respawn's pretty affordable for lots of people playing a group game like guitar hero
WE NEED SOMEWHERE TO HAVE THIS MEETUP!!!! LIKE NOW. RIGHT NOW. WHO HAS A BIG HOUSE DAMN IT!