This didn't happen, couldn't get our ducks in a row. Maybe 2014?
Where: San Francisco
When: August 16-18th 2013
Who: #xkcd-love regulars
Why: Fun and shenanigans!
How: Magic. And possibly alcohol.
 Potential Activities
Exploratorium - $25 ($19 for students)
California Academy of Sciences - $34.95 ($29.95 for students)
(CityPASS includes the above and a muni pass, and may be worth the $84.)
Cards Against Humanity
Drinking? (See Drinking section below, courtesy of steef.)
Captain's birthday is Tuesday the 20th, but it looks like will miss that :(
Mass Transit is pretty decent in San Francisco. BART and MUNI Both make individual transportation relatively easy as long as you don't mind a little walking. BART even goes out from the airport so you can go straight into the city if need be. You can get a 3-Day Muni pass for $22, 7-Day for $28.
- Fun place to sit and drink, or buy bottles to go
- Usually good beers on tap
- Decent beer, interesting place
- Oldest brewery in SF, fun place for tours, nice beers.
- California Common (Steam Beer) style creator
- Dampfbier (Steam Beer) was also popular around the same time in Germany, coined "The Poor Man's Beer"
- Delicious food, pretty rockin' tap list, nom nom.
- Pool tables and dartboards upstairs
- Live Flamenco can be heard on Sunday nights
- Lots of cask beers, fun place, usually fairly crowded
- On a fun road to meander in complete intoxication
- I've heard they have good food, I usually just drink there.
- Toured the back area and brewing area, nice guys...
- Fun, large, loud... or at least that is vaguely what I think I remember.. this was at the end of my night.
- Didn't make it to this place, but I wanted to go, looks like rad and rare beers.
- You cannot possibly have a shitty time here, I believe.
- Lovely people, great beer, freedom and tree lovin' place.
- Fucking loved this place.
 Lover Resources
- Oceloctopus: My brother has a small condo and a car(which he might sell by august) as well as a penchant for cooking and some fun board games. I'll need to check with him before I can promise shelter to anyone, though.
 People & Availability
- spenguin : Unknown
- noey : Unknown
- CapPlat :
- richo : Flying in early July, probably leaving early/mid augustish. In vegas 1-5 aug.
- joannac : Depends -- I'm in SF for June/July already, not sure I can swing another trip that soon
- Steef : Moved to Florida, but I may be road-tripping around Arizona and southern Cali around then... highly unlikely I'll be able to attend. =[
- Surreal :
- Corynne : (?)Depends on dates and cash flow. Conveniently, I have 4th-11th off work. So like kiki, "if ya'll could settle on dates or something that'd be awesome".
- Nameroc : I may be available the first and the second weekend of August. Depends on monies.
- Palo(butcher-o-kittens) :
- kiki : Needs to clear it with the boss man, so if ya'll could settle on dates or something that'd be awesome
- Boomie : Nope. Out of town that weekend, in another direction.
- Oceloctopus : I have 3 vacation days in august, so I vote for a weekend to maximize my time.I personally vote 17-21 but am open to other suggestions
- ecthros: just dropped a bunch of money on a trip to the UK in June, also taking almost the entire month of June off work, so depends on monies and if I get a new job. Or heck, maybe even move to SF. If I sell a lot of my artwork (next show is in a week) I may be able to swing it. Also my birthday is also August 20th. PARTY?!
- melody : Probably can. Whenever in August, I just need a month's notice to make sure I can get work off.