|Strasbourg, France||Pforzheim, Germany||Stuttgart, Germany|
The Zürich graticule is located at latitude 47, longitude 8. Zurich, the biggest city in Switzerland, lies more or less in the center of it. The graticule further contains the cities of Winterthur, Lucerne and Schaffhausen.
Around two third of its area are within Switzerland whereas the northern part belongs to Germany. Other geographical features are the origin of the Danube river near Donaueschingen, the river Rhine that cuts the area from east to west, and the beginning of the Alpine mountain range in the very south east of the graticule.
The graticule covers an area of 8375 km2. The highest elevation is near the Ruchen mountain, and lies 2901 m (9500 ft) above sea level. The lowest point (289 m) is where the Rhine leaves the graticule westwards near the town of Sisseln.
According to Land usage, the chance for your hash to fall into one of the following areas is:
42.05% Fields 24.31% Forests 22.90% Natural reserves 3.63% Water 3.35% Settlements 2.60% Roads 1.14% Highways
The chance for a hash to fall into the city of Zürich is 1.09%.
Today's Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Active geohashers in this graticule
Inactive geohashers or status unknown
| The Zürich, Switzerland graticule (47 8) earned the Mostly Active Graticule achievement
| The Zürich, Switzerland graticule (47 8) earned the Most Active Graticule achievement
| The Zürich, Switzerland graticule (47 8) earned the Most Active Graticule achievement
Check out the Current events page to see if any expeditions are planned here.
Most recent first. See also: Zürich, Switzerland/Expeditions (automated expeditions list).
- 2016-08-24 - Chris_47_8 in the small town of Brütten ZH.
- 2016-08-21 - Chris_47_8 near the city center of Winterthur.
- 2016-02-29 - Chris_47_8 and Calamus got the leap day geohash 2016.
- 2016-02-20 - Calamus in beautiful Merenschwand.
- 2016-02-12 - Calamus and Chris_47_8 met for the first time in more than two years and drank a lot of beer!
- 2015-12-20 - RecentlyChanged (talk) and his father near Wolterdingen, Germany
- 2015-11-22 - Chris_47_8 in an industrial area in Winterthur.
- 2015-11-12 - Lysogeny didn't attempt either.
- 2015-11-09 - StormyFrett and RecentlyChanged did not attempt.
- 2015-10-23 - Chris_47_8 went low-tech.
- 2015-05-23 - Chris_47_8 and a little detour on his bicycle.
- 2015-04-09 - Calamus had a hash for lunch.
- 2015-04-08 - Calamus and Chris_47_8 were both there, but didn't meet.
- 2015-03-07 - Calamus and politics.
- 2015-03-05 - Calamus in kill kill Killwangen with some technical difficulties.
- 2015-02-07 - Chris_47_8 at Hegibachplatz in Zürich, the 100th expedition in the Zürich graticule!
- 2014-11-19 - Chris_47_8 in Zürich-Affoltern.
- 2014-11-04 - Chris_47_8 went to the castle of Elgg.
- 2014-11-01 - Chris_47_8 and the 'Rabbit and Poultry Breeding Association of Wallisellen'.
- 2014-07-19 - Ekorren was stopped by a landslide at Blumberg
- 2014-06-12 - Calamus and some donkeys in Zürich.
- 2014-05-31 - RecentlyChanged went deep into the Black Forrest.
- 2014-05-25 - Foehammer didn't attempt because of a flat tire.
- 2014-04-22 - Calamus in a field near Wettswil.
- 2014-03-15 - Calamus in the Höngg district in Zürich.
- 2014-02-27 - Chris_47_8, Calamus in the famous town of Wallisellen.
- 2014-02-08 - Calamus and a field near Urdorf.
- 2014-01-31 - Hitch In a forest area next to the L225 north of Mauenheim, Germany.
- 2014-01-20 - Chris_47_8, Calamus, Guga2112 and an old graveyard near Milchbuck in Zürich.
- 2014-01-14 - Calamus escaped to Rudolfstetten.
- 2014-01-08 - Calamus, Chris_47_8, Guga2112 went up to the scenic Waidbad in the Höngg disctrict.
- 2014-01-06 - Chris_47_8 First hash of 2014 here in Zürich, in Kilchberg.
- 2013-11-27 - TheOneRing went to Hilzingen.
- 2013-10-28 - GeorgDerReisende in the forest above Geisingen.
- 2013-10-15 - Hitch A field near Aadorf TG.
- 2013-09-28 - Calamus on a field near Rafz.
- 2013-09-14 - Calamus on the Zugerberg mountain.
- 2013-09-07 - Calamus in Hausen am Albis.
- 2013-09-06 - Guga2112 and Calamus went to Zürichs Seebach district.
- 2013-09-03 - Calamus went to see a forest. Because everybody loves forests.
- 2013-08-28 - Calamus went to see a parking lot. Because everybody loves parking lots.
- 2013-08-25 - RecentlyChanged and Deuded visited Lucerne - Part 2.
- 2013-08-24 - RecentlyChanged and Deuded visited Lucerne.
- 2013-08-06 - Chris_47_8 Next to the Birrfeld airstrip during a thunderstorm.
- 2013-08-01 - Calamus The Swiss national holiday and a roman wall.
- 2013-07-31 - Calamus met friendly people in Frauenfeld.
- 2013-07-30 - Calamus in a forest near Lenzburg.
- 2013-07-21 - Chris_47_8 and his bike, with ice cream and airplanes.
- 2013-07-16 - Chris_47_8 went to the beautiful Rhine Falls.
- 2013-06-25 - Calamus and Chris_47_8 met again. Chris was 5 seconds earlier there.
- 2013-06-22 - Chris_47_8 and Calamus did a saturday meetup by bike.
- 2013-06-16 - Chris_47_8 went to the final destination of the S5.
- 2013-06-15 - Calamus became a cynicist.
- 2013-06-12 - Calamus failed due to laziness.
- 2013-06-04 - Calamus went to a town with the funny name Mettmenstetten.
- 2013-04-14 - Chris_47_8 did his first bicycle geohash.
- 2013-03-29 - Calamus failed in Kyburg.
- 2013-03-09 - Calamus went up the Forch.
- 2013-02-19 - Guga2112 and Calamus met at a field near Regensdorf.
- 2013-02-18 - Calamus went again to the Albisrieden district in Zurich.
- 2013-02-10 - Calamus found the fake fence of Würenlos.
- 2013-01-31 - Calamus and Chris_47_8 concluded the competition in Baden.
- 2013-01-30 - Calamus - And one more. Zürich +1.
- 2013-01-28 - Chris_47_8 - One for the competition. Zürich +1.
- 2013-01-26 - Chris_47_8 went into Germany. Almost 500 meters.
- 2013-01-20 - Chris_47_8 built a snowman and found a castle.
- 2013-01-19 - Calamus and Chris_47_8 met in Oerlikon and found a bar - again!
- 2013-01-13 - Calamus did a midnight hash right next to the lat day's hashpoint.
- 2013-01-06 - Calamus went to a brookside near Ehrendingen.
- 2013-01-03 - Calamus and Chris_47_8 found a pub and played some billiards!
- 2013-01-02 - Chris_47_8 went to the lovely canton of Schwyz.
- 2012-12-29 - Calamus unsuccessfully tried to meet Foehammer.
- 2012-12-23 - Calamus went to Glattfelden.
- 2012-12-01 - Calamus made an international visit.
- 2012-11-26 - Calamus wandered the Üetliberg.
- 2012-10-30 - Foehammer - At the edge of a wood, only 900m away from Foehammers home.
- 2012-10-21 - TheOneRing near Küssnacht am Rigi (Canton Schwyz).
- 2012-09-21 - Calamus did part of a planet walk.
- 2012-09-10 - Calamus failed at the Limmat.
- 2012-08-25 - Calamus visited the German border.
- 2012-08-19 - Calamus celebrated his hashversary.
- 2012-08-07 - sarah, Foehammer - On a hill, right on a road near the village of Seon.
- 2012-08-03 - Calamus captured the Munot fortress. Through the door.
- 2012-07-30 - Calamus's tron was bedevilled by elevation differences.
- 2012-07-29 - Calamus and Waldzitherclown visited Bülach city
- 2012-07-08 - Calamus got pranked by the Argovian construction authority
- 2012-06-30 - Calamus went paddling
- 2012-06-29 - Calamus camped over night and got thunderstorm'd
- 2012-06-27 - Calamus managed to be allowed onto a wealthy guy's grounds
- 2012-06-25 - Calamus found somebody had been waiting for him at the hashpoint for five years
- 2012-06-24 - Calamus had to run to reach this nigh-mid-city hashpoint in time
- 2012-06-05 - Foehammer failed an ambassador achievement in an Argovian village, but introduced his girlfriend to Geohashing
- 2012-05-26 - Frizzy and Hijackal hiked 20 km to the Mouseover hash in flip flops
- 2012-05-25 - Frizzy and Hijackal celebrated Towel Day by juggling on the hashpoint
- 2012-05-04 - Easy hash on a hill next to a grove and very close to Foehammers home
- 2012-03-08 - Although this geohash lies around 3600km from Zürich, its conquer began here. Wolkenjaegers attempt even made it into the hall of amazingness!
- 2011-10-30 - TheOneRing — in a forest near Hunzenschwil (canton Aargau).
- 2011-10-08 - Arches, Kei — located in the woods of Gelfingen, near the Castle of Heidegg
- 2011-08-20 - A nice spot in the middle of Winterthur city
- 2011-08-19 - Calamus felt like mountaineering
- 2011-08-16 - in Böttstein, Switzerland
- 2011-06-18 - Crox and Elisa were stopped by a construction site
- 2011-06-13 - In the german exclave Büsingen, reached independently by Ekorren and TheOneRing
- 2011-05-07 - Between Effretikon and Kempttal, not far away from the 2010-12-12-geohash
- 2011-02-15 - Cheap one: directly on a street in the wood near Baden, Switzerland
- 2011-01-21 - Wuestenschiff - On the border between the town of Winterthur and the village Elsau
- 2011-01-09 - polyester, Crox, Ekorren, erin, Possibly Fergus, MykaDragonBlue - Multinational meetup near Schleitheim, Kanton Schaffhausen, Switzerland
- 2010-12-26 - Danatar visited a snowy but sunlit forest near Schaffhausen and went to the Rhine Falls afterwards.
- 2010-12-12 - In Bassersdorf
- 2009-10-14 - The Swiss Army went geohashing!
- 2009-05-31 - Ekorren was in Sumpfohren.
- 2009-01-21 - reached by Enric and relet.
- 2009-01-04 - A little new years trip. First time ever for all three participants.
- 2008-11-19 - A group led by swiss radio seems to have reached the point. One photo was posted to the main page, otherwise it was only reported on the radio.
- 2008-05-24 - Looks like someone got near, but the description is a bit on the short side. Participants were most probably stopped by a fence and did not reach the coordinates.