What to bring
From Geo Hashing
It's up to you, of course. Tongs has an emergency fun box. But here's what other people have found useful:
- In General:
- GPS / aerial maps / driving directions: Some way to get to your destination (note that GPS won't help you find your way around cities with crazy one-way streets)
- Camera: Record proof of reaching the target or take group photos (besides taking pictures of cool stuff)
- Some kind of marker that you want to leave on location.
- Also consider:
- Cell phone (in case of emergencies)
- Tripod for camera (group photos)
- Book or laptop, if you need something to keep you busy while you're waiting for other geohashers
- Picnic blanket
- Family Radio Service device(s)
- Amateur Radio
- Bug spray
- Solid boots
- Rain gear
- A Citation might come in useful.
- PGP Keysigning information.
- 42. Towel
- If you're trying for any kind of MNIMB Geohash:
- A plan - know what you'll do in an emergency, know a way out in case of GPS failure, for example know that walking in a particular cardinal direction will take you to a highway, river or road which you can follow to a known location (And know how to determine that direction without said GPS)
- Lights (in case it's winter)
- First aid kit
- Another truck if your location is a swamp. Don't say I never told you to.
- A boat.
- A horse|snowshoes|a dogsled team|a snowmobile
Duct TapeStaple Gun