From Geo Hashing
 To Do
Convert script from Bash to Perl to run faster.
- Done, parsing all the data only takes a few seconds now, as opposed to many minutes.
Automate retrieval and decompression of source data.
- Punted; I'd rather not, mostly due to The Art of Unix Programming's Rule of Composition: Design programs to be connected with other programs.
Pretty-up each placemark's description to include hyperlinks to this Wiki and peeron map.
- Done; don't need link to peeron map (you're in a mapping application already!).
Add format checking of source data.
- Done (via another script); see verify_coord_data.pl.
Properly account for W30 graticules.
- Punted, due to #2, this would be left for an exercise to the user.
Add option to display labels for each place marker.
Add option to override default <name> tag for KML document.
Add ability to specify more than one graticule at a time.
- Done: multiple graticules can be specified by separating them with colons.
- Add support to colourize place markers (by graticule, date, etc.)
- Need to flesh this out more.
- Add (better) support for Globalhash place-markers.
- Perhaps as -G alternative to -g <graticule>?