Geez, between you and UnwiseOwl, there's going to be nothing left for me to contribute to the project... :) Keep up the good work --joannac 05:01, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
Oh no, my user page has vanished. I'm just getting a blank (0B, empty) document. I was going to add this:
If you are a user of Google Earth, I am continually in the process of growing a collection of the panoramic photographs I take on all my hashes. To see it in action, inside Google Earth, add the following network link: http://geohashing.kerwin.net.au/pictures.kml and then double-click any of the placemarks.
Unfortunately they don't seem to play well with the terrain; you may have to uncheck the Terrain box when you're inside a panorama. Hopefully I'll be able to work out a fix. Also, this doesn't appear to work with Google Maps, just Earth.
--Matty 11:15, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hey Matty, I've added it to your user page for you. Is your page working yet, or do you see any change? --joannac 11:21, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for that joee. I think your edit fixed it, which makes me think it may have been a cache issue. --Matty 11:25, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
More coordinate fails -
- Appearently, the shown coordinates (in digits, not those on the map) are always non-30W, also for 30W graticules. --Ekorren 19:04, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks, Matty! :) -- relet 01:20, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
pages for unvisited hashes
Mate, it may not be a good idea to create almost blank pages for unvisited hashes. If they exist as red links on the all hashes page, that's good enough to hold their place and name. --psud - on a different computer. (currently known as 126.96.36.199 12:20, 21 January 2009 (UTC))
- I didn't know I was making blank hash pages. You mean graticule pages? I haven't made any new ones of those for a while. –Matty 22:18, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
Main page and patience
You don't need to edit the main page to make your picture show up. There's a "refresh the cache" link on the main page, just click that one.