Hey there! I've added your "tell the police to look for me at the geohash" quote to the quotes page and the frontpage quote rotation! I hope you don't mind, I think it's hilarious :) --mtu 20:25, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
- Hehe, no worries, thanks for letting me know :) Mampfred 10:09, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
 /* Atlanta = Most Active 01/2011 */
I stopped caring that Atlanta was the most active about July 2009 sometime. When my camera and GPS was stolen out of my car spring 2010, I lost that Geohashing feeling, so to speak. But, at the beginning of this year, I think I have caught it again. If you want to beat Atlanta, it will take some serious Geohashing work. I will not go silently into the night. --NWoodruff 13:39, 1 February 2011 (EST)
- You did tie for the most expeditions. --NWoodruff 13:41, 1 February 2011 (EST)
 Thanks for fixing the categories
thanks for fixing the categories on the pictures I uploaded yesterday. Stupid typo is stupid. :( --Bierhefe 08:26, 12 February 2011 (EST)
- No worries. At least you're using the categories, been adding them from scratch to a lot of uploads lately ;) - Mampfred 08:28, 12 February 2011 (EST)
 Dortmund this weekend
If the hash is very convenient somewhere close (within 1km) of this route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/407251 I'll be interested (so quite unlikely). I'm cycling that, which means I don't have a lot of time to spend on geohashing, and I might be there at very inconvenient times. Start is at 9am saturday, total time estimate is 30hrs +/-3hrs (most likely +). I expect to be in Arnsberg around 9pm. --Arvid 14:56, 25 May 2011 (EDT)
- Ok, this looks very good. I can make the saturday hash around 15:00-16:00 I guess. I'm in the #geohashing IRC channel if you want to exchange phone numbers.--Arvid 09:38, 27 May 2011 (EDT)
- Sorry, saturday was never a question, won't have time ... and looking at it, the sunday one isn't "convenient" either :( Maybe some other time - Mampfred 09:46, 27 May 2011 (EDT)
Hi Mampfred. Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to my first geohash. I found one possible today, but my wife may need me after work. Who knows.. This looks like fun. Take care. --Daleoffret 13:18, 4 October 2011 (EDT)
My apologies for not documenting my hashes better, there's so much to making a page I often miss out on things. Glad to hear you enjoyed reading my hashes, I always have a good time. Your list is impressive as well! I particularly enjoyed the phonebooth hash; particularly because I thought they were extinct.
 In the UK?
Next time you're in the UK, let me know. I'm a little south of Manchester/Sheffield, so if you fancy venturing to 52, -1 or 52, -0 we could maybe arrange a meet. Nickholden (talk) 08:30, 11 June 2013 (EDT)
- Will do, last time I didn't really get a response so I didn't try too hard this time. Would you be up for a late night / early morning hash if the coordinates are good? I'm willing to drive quite far if we can arrange a meetup and mess up the graph :D - Mampfred (talk) 08:34, 11 June 2013 (EDT)
- If you're really happy to drive that far on Wednesday evening, then it might be possible. But I'm limited by relying on cycling to reach a hashpoint, so it has to be within about 30km of Leicester. We will know in 42 minutes, I suppose... Thursday morning I think will not be possible. If it's south enough for me to reach it before work, you will probably miss your flight home. Nickholden (talk) 08:50, 11 June 2013 (EDT)
- Well, that's disappointing. Wednesday's hash is a long way from Leicester AND a long way from Manchester. Not going to happen. Sorry. You could try 53 -1 which looks to be in a fabulous spot, but it's far too far away for me. Next time... Nickholden (talk) 09:46, 11 June 2013 (EDT)
 Question about Templates
Hey there Mampfred, I saw you commenting on someone else's user page about not editing templates, so I'm wondering if you can help me with my question. I've seen a lot of this type of page, and I was wondering what it's used for, and why people create it? Template:Expedition_Images2/2014-02-21 Thanks! -zhukant (talk) 01:35, 22 February 2014 (EST)
- The comment you saw was probably for the main Expedition template. Of course that can be edited in order to change the default entries for all expeditions. But for an actual expedition it should be used with the keyword "subst" and the content should only then be edited.
- The other templates you're refering to are used by the "Gallery of Recent Expeditions" on the main page. They are created and edited whenever you click the "add" link to add you expedition to the gallery (which unfortunately isn't automated). Also see here for a short explanation on how to use the templates.
- There's also a bot involved that does some clever stuff. And all that clever stuff was done by other people a while ago so I hope I didn't get anything wrong ;)
- Hope that helps! - Mampfred (talk) 03:34, 22 February 2014 (EST)