Hi. My name is Rhonda, and I like adventure. Robyn thinks I am at least as insane as she is, possibly due to my first ever geohash being a (planned) 4 hour kayak expedition.
 Geohashes attempted (49/67)
- #45: 2011-06-26 27 -81 (Lakeland, FL): Hash collision right beside a pretty hiking trail in a nature reserve.
- #44: 2011-05-21 28 -81 (Orlando, FL): Geohashing Day Florida bushwhacking with Aberro.
- #43: 2011-05-04 28 -81 (Lakeland, FL): Quick and easy holy hash after work.
- #42: 2011-04-23 49 -122 (Coquitlam, BC): Picnic meetup hash with 10 people!
- #41: 2010-11-07 25 -80 (Florida Everglades): Speed racer in the middle of the road in the everglades with Million zillion.
- 2010-11-06 26 -80 (Boca Raton, FL): in front of a house in a gated community with a security guard, with Million zillion.
- #40: 2010-10-28 26 -80 (Fort Lauderdale, FL): On the train tracks with Million zillion.
- #39: 2010-10-09 50 -120 (Tunkwa Lake, BC): Just off a dirt road not much farther from highway 1. 2nd in a multihash.
- #38: 2010-10-09 50 -119 (Pritchard, BC): Just off a dirt road not far from highway 1, with Xore, Mom, and Dad.
- 2010-08-29 38 -77 (CIA facility, VA): Very large fences around a hashpoint in the parking lot.
- #37: 2010-07-15 39 -76 (Springettsbury, PA): An overgrown field just off the road, a 2.5 mile bike ride from my temporary lodgings.
- #36: 2010-07-11 40 -77 (Carlisle, PA): Into the underbrush next to a golf course.
- #35: 2010-07-04 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Train station geohash with many people at different times.
- #34: 2010-07-01 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Bicycle geohash and picnic with a group of 8.
- #33: 2010-06-08 35 -80 (NC/SC border): Easy hike through light underbrush with Art.
- #32: 2010-06-05 35 -81 (Lincolnton, NC): Roadside hash on my way to explore the appalachians.
- 2010-05-22 49 -123 (Sechelt, BC): Beach party mouseover day with a group of 10!
- 2010-05-21 49 -122 (Mission, BC): Geohashing day night bushwhacking with a group of 11!
- #31: 2010-05-09 49 -123 (West Vancouver, BC): School hash with Xore and thepiguy
- #30: 2010-05-08 49 -123 (Richmond, BC): Parking lot hash with Xore, thepiguy, and MylSh
- 2010-04-15 49 -123 (North Vancouver, BC): That's not a lake, that's our drinking water! Poor research with Xore and Wade
- #29: 2010-03-08 45 -122 (Vancouver, WA): under some trees on the edge of a school field with aperfectring and Jiml.
- #28: 2009-11-16 44 -92 (Kenyon, MN): in the middle of a country highway with Trane.
- #27: 2009-11-14 44 -92 (Rochester, MN): golfing (badly) my way to a point on the 13th hole with Trane.
- 2009-11-08 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, MN): in a park that wasn't a park near the Mississippi River, thwarted by fences and a hunting club.
- #26: 2009-09-29 50 -119 (Armstrong, BC): on the shoulder of a country road near Armstrong.
- #25: 2009-09-27 50 -120 (Kamloops, BC): a short hike after a long drive through a maze of logging roads with Mom.
- 2009-09-12 49 -122 (Golden Ears Park, BC): a swim hash thwarted by crazy seadoos with Xore.
- #24: 2009-09-07 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): kayaking 4km into the Georgia Strait with Xore.
- #23: 2009-09-01 49 -123 (Paradise River, BC): bushwhacking in the dark in an indian reserve with Xore.
- @ 2009-08-30 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): playing tag with Xore and Wade and the Tag! You're it! crew.
- #22: 2009-07-31 49 -123 (Burnaby, BC): empty lot transit hash with Xore and plypkie
- #21: 2009-07-28 49 -122 (Annacis Island, BC): parking lot transit hash with Xore and PhilB
- 2009-07-14 49 -122 (Buntzen Lake, BC): ran out of time on the way to the top of a mountain, with Robyn and Xore.
- 2009-07-12 49 -122 (Langley, BC): 4 metres on the other side of a tall fence, with Xore
- #20: 2009-07-11 49 -123 (West Vancouver, BC): kayak hash into the shipping lanes off Ambleside Park with Xore, Robyn and Wade, and plypkie, yangman, and Elbie.
- #19: 2009-07-10 49 -123 (North Vancouver, BC): down a cliff with Robyn after meeting Flag guy coming back from his expedition.
- #18: 2009-07-05 49 -125 (Courtenay, BC): virgin graticule with Elbie, Xore, and Xore's sister and brother-in-law.
- #17: 2009-06-19 50 -121 (Cache Creek, BC): my first solo geohash.
- #16: 2009-06-14 49 -122 (Surrey, BC): ambassador geohash in a Surrey backyard with Xore, Elbie, SueB, yangman, and plypkie.
- @ 2009-06-12 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Watched Elbie give a talk about geohashing to some UBC Computer Science grad students with Xore and yangman.
- #15: 2009-06-06 51 -121 (100 Mile House, BC): short easy hike with Mom.
- #14: 2009-06-03 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): transit tree twister hash with Elbie, Ray, Stathi, and Xore.
- @ 2009-05-23 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Mouse Over Day celebration on the cruise ship dock at Canada Place, with Robyn, Wade, Xore, SueB, Elbie, Simon, and of course my mom.
- #13: 2009-05-21 48 -123 (Saltspring Island, BC): Geohashing Day celebration with Xore, Elbie, Robyn, and Wade, with cake and twister.
- #12: 2009-05-18 50 -120 (Kamloops, BC): sewage plant hash with Mom.
- #11: 2009-05-12 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): transit kayak hash with Robyn.
- #10: 2009-05-10 50 -120 (Kamloops, BC): logging road consecutive geohash with my parents and Robyn.
- #9: 2009-05-09 50 -119 (Vernon, BC): missing the perfect road and hiking for a consecutive geohash with Robyn and Juventas.
- 2009-05-08 49 -119 (Kelowna, BC): aborted due to darkness and potholes at the highway turnoff.
- #8: 2009-05-08 49 -120 (Princeton, BC): hiking up from a provincial campsite with Robyn and Juventas.
- #7: 2009-05-03 48 -122 (Laurel, WA): bicycle border transit consecutive geohash with Robyn.
- #6: 2009-05-02 48 -122 (Silver Lake Park, WA): transit bicycle border camping geohash with Robyn.
- 2009-04-28 49 -122 (Coquitlam, BC): Bicycle no trespassing geohash with Robyn, SueB, and yangman.
- #5: 2009-04-25 49 -123 (Gambier Island, BC): clifftop picnic hash in the sun with Robyn and Wade.
- 2009-04-23 48 -122 (Orcas Island, WA): Border, ferry, bicycle, camping... no trespassing geohash with Robyn.
- #4: 2009-04-22 49 -122 (Langley, BC): via public transit. Met Robyn and played hopscotch.
- #3: 2009-04-16 48 -122 (Semiahmoo Bay, WA): via transit and bike. Met Robyn on the bus and thepiguy at the Peace Arch at 1PM, and rode there together.
- #2: 2009-04-13 49 -122 (Langley, BC): via public transit. Met Robyn at the hashpoint about 4pm.
- #1: 2009-04-08 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): - 5 1/2 hours in an inflatable kayak I bought that morning. Success with Robyn!
- Hope for accessible geohashes that coincide with days off?
- My origin hash spot looks so easy to access, I'm going to go for it next time I visit my parents (with time to spare in the trip up or back). It's about 500m (straight line) from highway 5, and google maps shows what appears to be a logging road that passes within 20m or less of the spot.
- More bike hashing. Or walk hashing. Or even bus hashing. This car thing is faster, but human-powered is more fun. (Although I wouldn't turn down an airhash just because it isn't human powered.)
 Personal firsts
Things that I did for the first time in my life while or because of geohashing.
 Other pages
- POSTED: list of my no trespassing geohashes for the POSTED achievement.
- Cycling: list of my bicycle trip distances.
- xkcd Centurion: list of Saturday meetups attended.
- BC Regional Districts project: Graticule maps of BC's Regional Districts, for a more feasible regional geohash award in BC.
 Ribbons earned
I'm only listing the first time I get a given ribbon. Unless I find it amusing to include again.
 Achievement ribbons
 Upgradeable ribbons
 Virgin graticules
 Gratuitous Ribbons
| Robyn & Rhonda earned the Double Mother Geohash Ribbon
- by visiting both their mothers, in different graticules, on Mothers' Day, before reaching the (50, -120) geohash on 2009-05-10.
| Rhonda earned the stinky geohash ribbon
- by attending a geohash located between the pulp mill, sewage treatment plant, and city dump at the (50, -120) geohash on 2009-05-18.
| Rhonda earned the monkey games achievement
- by climbing a tree directly on the hashpoint then playing games in it at the (49, -123) geohash on 2009-06-03.
| Rhonda and Rhonda's mom earned the maze navigator achievement
- by successfully navigating a route through a maze of unmarked unpaved roads on the way to the (50, -120) geohash on 2009-09-27.
| Rhonda, aperfectring, and jiml earned the Narnia achievement
- by finding a single lamp post in a forest at the hash point at the (45, -122) geohash on 2010-03-08.
| 7 Canadians and 1 american earned the National Day Geohash
- by successfully reaching the geohash coordinates on Canada's national day at the (49, -123) geohash on 2010-07-01.
 Consolation Prizes