Hi. My name is Rhonda, and I like adventure. Robyn thinks I am at least as insane as she is, possibly due to my first ever geohash being a (planned) 4 hour kayak expedition.
 Geohashes attempted (53/71)
- #52: 2013-10-28 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Transit hash in Pacific Spirit park with Wijnland
- #51: 2013-10-20 50 -120 (Kamloops, BC): Walking tron dragalong hash with Mom and James.
- #50: 2013-01-18 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Unexpectedly exciting roadside hash with Robyn and Wade.
- #49: 2012-07-21 49 -122 (Aldergrove, BC): Empty lot hash while I was out that way anyway.
- #48: 2012-04-03 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Snowshoe hash with Robyn and Wijnland.
- #47: 2012-03-07 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Many missed connections bike hash with robbat2.
- 2012-03-03 50 -122 (Pemberton, BC): No trespassing hash behind private property near Pemberton BC.
- @2012-02-29 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Early morning sword event.
- 2011-11-05 40 -111 (Salt Lake City, Utah): No trespassing hash on Ensign Peak.
- #46: 2011-06-26 27 -81 (Lakeland, FL): Hash collision right beside a pretty hiking trail in a nature reserve.
- #45: 2011-05-21 28 -81 (Orlando, FL): Geohashing Day Florida bushwhacking with Aberro.
- #44: 2011-05-04 28 -81 (Lakeland, FL): Quick and easy holy hash after work.
- #43: 2011-04-23 49 -122 (Coquitlam, BC): Picnic meetup hash with 10 people!
- #42: 2010-11-07 25 -80 (Florida Everglades): Speed racer in the middle of the road (not *a* road: *the* road) in the everglades with Million zillion.
- 2010-11-06 26 -80 (Boca Raton, FL): in front of a house in a gated community with a security guard, with Million zillion.
- #41: 2010-10-28 26 -80 (Fort Lauderdale, FL): On the train tracks with Million zillion.
- #40: 2010-10-11 50 -120 (Paul Lake, BC): In the hills beside Paul Lake Road, north of Kamloops. (Reconstructed)
- #39: 2010-10-09 50 -120 (Tunkwa Lake, BC): Just off a dirt road not much farther from highway 1. 2nd in a multihash.
- #38: 2010-10-09 50 -119 (Pritchard, BC): Just off a dirt road not far from highway 1, with Xore, Mom, and Dad.
- 2010-08-29 38 -77 (CIA facility, VA): Very large fences around a hashpoint in the parking lot.
- #37: 2010-07-15 39 -76 (Springettsbury, PA): An overgrown field just off the road, a 2.5 mile bike ride from my temporary lodgings.
- #36: 2010-07-11 40 -77 (Carlisle, PA): Into the underbrush next to a golf course.
- #35: 2010-07-04 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Train station geohash with many people at different times.
- #34: 2010-07-01 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Bicycle geohash and picnic with a group of 8.
- #33: 2010-06-08 35 -80 (NC/SC border): Easy hike through light underbrush with Art.
- #32: 2010-06-05 35 -81 (Lincolnton, NC): Roadside hash on my way to explore the appalachians.
- 2010-05-22 49 -123 (Sechelt, BC): Beach party mouseover day with a group of 10!
- 2010-05-21 49 -122 (Mission, BC): Geohashing day night bushwhacking with a group of 11!
- #31: 2010-05-09 49 -123 (West Vancouver, BC): School hash with Xore and thepiguy
- #30: 2010-05-08 49 -123 (Richmond, BC): Parking lot hash with Xore, thepiguy, and MylSh
- 2010-04-15 49 -123 (North Vancouver, BC): That's not a lake, that's our drinking water! Poor research with Xore and Wade
- #29: 2010-03-08 45 -122 (Vancouver, WA): under some trees on the edge of a school field with aperfectring and Jiml.
- #28: 2009-11-16 44 -92 (Kenyon, MN): in the middle of a country highway with Trane.
- #27: 2009-11-14 44 -92 (Rochester, MN): golfing (badly) my way to a point on the 13th hole with Trane.
- 2009-11-08 44 -92 (St. Paul SE, MN): in a park that wasn't a park near the Mississippi River, thwarted by fences and a hunting club.
- #26: 2009-09-29 50 -119 (Armstrong, BC): on the shoulder of a country road near Armstrong.
- #25: 2009-09-27 50 -120 (Kamloops, BC): a short hike after a long drive through a maze of logging roads with Mom.
- 2009-09-12 49 -122 (Golden Ears Park, BC): a swim hash thwarted by crazy seadoos with Xore.
- #24: 2009-09-07 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): kayaking 4km into the Georgia Strait with Xore.
- #23: 2009-09-01 49 -123 (Paradise River, BC): bushwhacking in the dark in an indian reserve with Xore.
- @ 2009-08-30 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): playing tag with Xore and Wade and the Tag! You're it! crew.
- #22: 2009-07-31 49 -123 (Burnaby, BC): empty lot transit hash with Xore and plypkie
- #21: 2009-07-28 49 -122 (Annacis Island, BC): parking lot transit hash with Xore and PhilB
- 2009-07-14 49 -122 (Buntzen Lake, BC): ran out of time on the way to the top of a mountain, with Robyn and Xore.
- 2009-07-12 49 -122 (Langley, BC): 4 metres on the other side of a tall fence, with Xore
- #20: 2009-07-11 49 -123 (West Vancouver, BC): kayak hash into the shipping lanes off Ambleside Park with Xore, Robyn and Wade, and plypkie, yangman, and Elbie.
- #19: 2009-07-10 49 -123 (North Vancouver, BC): down a cliff with Robyn after meeting Flag guy coming back from his expedition.
- #18: 2009-07-05 49 -125 (Courtenay, BC): virgin graticule with Elbie, Xore, and Xore's sister and brother-in-law.
- #17: 2009-06-19 50 -121 (Cache Creek, BC): my first solo geohash.
- #16: 2009-06-14 49 -122 (Surrey, BC): ambassador geohash in a Surrey backyard with Xore, Elbie, SueB, yangman, and plypkie.
- @ 2009-06-12 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Watched Elbie give a talk about geohashing to some UBC Computer Science grad students with Xore and yangman.
- #15: 2009-06-06 51 -121 (100 Mile House, BC): short easy hike with Mom.
- #14: 2009-06-03 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): transit tree twister hash with Elbie, Ray, Stathi, and Xore.
- @ 2009-05-23 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): Mouse Over Day celebration on the cruise ship dock at Canada Place, with Robyn, Wade, Xore, SueB, Elbie, Simon, and of course my mom.
- #13: 2009-05-21 48 -123 (Saltspring Island, BC): Geohashing Day celebration with Xore, Elbie, Robyn, and Wade, with cake and twister.
- #12: 2009-05-18 50 -120 (Kamloops, BC): sewage plant hash with Mom.
- #11: 2009-05-12 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): transit kayak hash with Robyn.
- #10: 2009-05-10 50 -120 (Kamloops, BC): logging road consecutive geohash with my parents and Robyn.
- #9: 2009-05-09 50 -119 (Vernon, BC): missing the perfect road and hiking for a consecutive geohash with Robyn and Juventas.
- 2009-05-08 49 -119 (Kelowna, BC): aborted due to darkness and potholes at the highway turnoff.
- #8: 2009-05-08 49 -120 (Princeton, BC): hiking up from a provincial campsite with Robyn and Juventas.
- #7: 2009-05-03 48 -122 (Laurel, WA): bicycle border transit consecutive geohash with Robyn.
- #6: 2009-05-02 48 -122 (Silver Lake Park, WA): transit bicycle border camping geohash with Robyn.
- 2009-04-28 49 -122 (Coquitlam, BC): Bicycle no trespassing geohash with Robyn, SueB, and yangman.
- #5: 2009-04-25 49 -123 (Gambier Island, BC): clifftop picnic hash in the sun with Robyn and Wade.
- 2009-04-23 48 -122 (Orcas Island, WA): Border, ferry, bicycle, camping... no trespassing geohash with Robyn.
- #4: 2009-04-22 49 -122 (Langley, BC): via public transit. Met Robyn and played hopscotch.
- #3: 2009-04-16 48 -122 (Semiahmoo Bay, WA): via transit and bike. Met Robyn on the bus and thepiguy at the Peace Arch at 1PM, and rode there together.
- #2: 2009-04-13 49 -122 (Langley, BC): via public transit. Met Robyn at the hashpoint about 4pm.
- #1: 2009-04-08 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC): - 5 1/2 hours in an inflatable kayak I bought that morning. Success with Robyn!
- Hope for accessible geohashes that coincide with days off?
- My origin hash spot looks so easy to access, I'm going to go for it next time I visit my parents (with time to spare in the trip up or back). (But really, that never happens.) It's about 500m (straight line) from highway 5, and google maps shows what appears to be a logging road that passes within 20m or less of the spot. There may or may not be deer exclusion fencing between the road and the hashpoint.
- More bike hashing. Or walk hashing. Or even bus hashing. This car thing is faster, but human-powered is more fun. (Although I wouldn't turn down an airhash just because it isn't human powered.)
 Personal firsts
Things that I did for the first time in my life while or because of geohashing.
 Other pages
- POSTED: list of my no trespassing geohashes for the POSTED achievement.
- Cycling: list of my bicycle trip distances.
- xkcd Centurion: list of Saturday meetups attended.
- BC Regional Districts project: Graticule maps of BC's Regional Districts, for a more feasible regional geohash award in BC.
 Ribbons earned
I'm only listing the first time I get a given ribbon. Unless I find it amusing to include again.
 Achievement ribbons
 Upgradeable ribbons
 Virgin graticules
 Gratuitous Ribbons
| Robyn & Rhonda earned the Double Mother Geohash Ribbon
- by visiting both their mothers, in different graticules, on Mothers' Day, before reaching the (50, -120) geohash on 2009-05-10.
| Rhonda earned the stinky geohash ribbon
- by attending a geohash located between the pulp mill, sewage treatment plant, and city dump at the (50, -120) geohash on 2009-05-18.
| Rhonda earned the monkey games achievement
- by climbing a tree directly on the hashpoint then playing games in it at the (49, -123) geohash on 2009-06-03.
| Rhonda and Rhonda's mom earned the maze navigator achievement
- by successfully navigating a route through a maze of unmarked unpaved roads on the way to the (50, -120) geohash on 2009-09-27.
| Rhonda, aperfectring, and jiml earned the Narnia achievement
- by finding a single lamp post in a forest at the hash point at the (45, -122) geohash on 2010-03-08.
| 7 Canadians and 1 american earned the National Day Geohash
- by successfully reaching the geohash coordinates on Canada's national day at the (49, -123) geohash on 2010-07-01.
 Consolation Prizes